IRISH tourist chiefs have recruited singer Daniel O’Donnell in a bid to bring tourists from Britain to Donegal this summer.
The online campaign is aimed at re-branding the county as ‘Daniel O’Donnell Country’.
The move is being pioneered by DiscoverIreland which promotes the country as a tourist destination to the British.
The advertising blitz has Daneil at the centre of it.
One advert reads: “Daniel O’Donnell is one of Donegal’s most famous natives. An Irish singer and television presenter, Daniel has become a household name in Ireland and across the world.
“With over 10 million records sold, Daniel’s charismatic and engaging stage presence has made him a huge success and a beloved favourite of his native County Donegal.
Daniel considers the North West of Ireland and in particular, Co. Donegal a must-visit for any tourist. The county’s exceptional landscape includes Europe’s highest sea-cliffs, mesmerising scenery and dozens of deserted white sandy beaches.
“County Donegal prides itself with a strong sense of traditional culture and heritage that has influenced Daniel O’Donnell and his music.”
Daniel is currently touring England to rave reviews.
More from Donegal Daily
- NEELY: DONEGAL IN ‘CRUISE’ CONTROL AS EUROPE FUNDS ‘COOL ROUTE’ TOURISM INITIATIVE
Donegal County Council is set to benefit from INTERREG Funding of €1.26m to further develop the County’s Cruise Tourism Potential along the West and North Atlantic waters.
Together with Derry City Council and Cork Institute of Technology, Donegal County Council will work together […]
- TWO DONEGAL GIANTS COME TOGETHER IN UNIQUE VENTURE
Two of Donegal's most famous brands have come together to promote the economy and image of the county in a unique venture.
Minister Michael Ring, Minister of State for Tourism and Sport officially launch the joint marketing initiative of Harvey’s Point and Magee of Donegal which […]
- McENIFF SAYS TOURISM IN DONEGAL NEEDS TO BE RUN BY LOCAL INITIATIVES Hotelier and county councillor Sean McEniff has said Donegal tourism needs a new body if it is to attract visitors to the region.
While he praises initiatives like the Wild Atlantic Way, he says that tourism in Donegal has generally been forgotten by those in power in […]
- MASSIVE TOURISM AND BUSINESS BOOST AS STERLING CLIMBS TO €1.32
A CRISIS in the EuroZone could see another massive boost for Donegal tourism from the North and Britain - and boost our exports there.
Economists say the £1 could be worth €1.40 within months.
Early this morning on overnight foreign exchange markets to the £1 was worth more […]
- REVEALED: CHRISTINE BLEAKLEY IN DONEGAL FOR TV SHOW WHICH WILL BE SEEN BY MILLIONS
TOP telly presenter Christine Bleakley is in Donegal - filming a new TV series which will be seen by millions of people in Britain.
The fiancée of soccer star Frank Lampard says she's delighted to be back here, because she spent many childhood holidays in Ireland's most beautiful […]
- VICTORY! MULROY DRIVE TO BE ADDED TO WILD ATLANTIC WAY TOURIST bosses have agreed to add a new 'Mulroy Drive' to the Wild Atlantic Way after communities were cut off from the tourism route by the Harry Blaney Bridge.
The tourist route - from Cork to Donegal - has proved hugely popular with foreign visitors.
But it takes in the Harry […]
- DONEGAL IS IN LINE FOR A BUMPER TOURISM SEASON – TRAVEL EXPERT
One of the country's best-known travel-writers has predicted that Donegal tourism is in for a bumper summer.
Eoghan Corrie is a travel expert, has written many books on the travel trade and often appears on RTE.
His website 'Travelextra' is one of there most popular sites on […]
- TOP UK TOURIST PROMOTORS VISITING DONEGAL
Fáilte Ireland are showcasing Donegal to a group of 20 top UK Inbound Buyers who arrived in Ireland yesterday.
The group will take part in the second workshop in a series of six Fáilte Ireland Autumn Sales Workshops, designed to allow Irish tourism businesses to pitch to overseas […]
- ORGANISERS OF ‘DANIEL’ FESTIVAL UP IN ARMS AFTER ROAD CLOSURE Organisers of the Donegal Shore Festival featuring Daniel O’Donnell are up in arms after the county council blocked one of the main roads into the village where it is taking place.
More than 2,000 fans of the singing sensation are expected to flock to Kincasslagh for the event next […]
- DANIEL AND MAJELLA ARE REALLY GOING UP IN THE WORLD!
Daniel and Majella O’Donnell are certainly going up in the world these days.
The couple decided to take a trip in a flight simulator and admitted they found it nerve racking.
The husband and wife tried out the Upilot simulator which is operated by an Irish company at Dublin […]
- THE MAGIC OF FANAD LIGHTHOUSE COMES ALIVE
Last Wednesday was one of those historic days in the life of the Fanad Peninsula when the Commissioners of Irish Lights handed control of their lighthouse station to a local community group, Forbairt Fhánada Teoranta.
This is the Fanad community company established to run the […]
- DANIEL TO LAUNCH DONEGAL’S AGE FRIENDLY STRATEGY Singer Daniel O’Donnell is to launch the Donegal Age Friendly Strategy.
The project will be officially launched in the Regional Culture Centre in Letterkenny on Friday next, May 22 at 2pm.
This launch is an important milestone as it sets out a blueprint for how we will plan and […]
- HOME IS NOT THE SAME WITHOUT MUM – DANIEL Daniel O’Donnell has said it has been strange returning home to Donegal and not to have his beloved mother waiting for him.
The singer has returned to Donegal for a number of days since the death of mum Julia on May 18th last aged 94.
Daniel has just returned to his native […]
- GREAT START TO TOURISM SEASON – CLLR KAVANAGH County Councillor Jimmy Kavanagh has welcomed news that tourism figures continue to rise.
He was speaking after Central Statistics Office (CSO) figures for the first quarter of this year were released.
“According to today’s figures, 2014 looks set to be the fourth year of […]
- FAILTE IRELAND SAYS IT IS FULLY COMMITTED TO MALIN HEAD PROJECT AND DONEGAL TOURISM
Failte Ireland has said it is fully committed to tourism in Donegal and developing Malin Head as a tourism destination.
It follows claims that not enough is being done by the agency to develop the area for visitors.
However, a statement issued by Failte Ireland said it is fully […]
- “ROYAL VISIT WILL PROVIDE MAJOR TOURISM BOOST FOR DONEGAL” – TOURISM IRELAND
ROYAL VISIT: Tourism Ireland have welcomed today’s visit by The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, which they say is good news for tourism in Donegal.
The Royal Visit provides another unique opportunity to convince potential holidaymakers in our largest tourism […]
- RTE STAR GAY BYRNE TO LAUNCH DONEGAL TOURISM BROCHURE Former Late Late Show host Gay Byrne is to launch the Donegal Tourism Brochure for 2015.
The well-known RTE radio and television host will unveil the brochure at Glenveagh Castle on March 12th next.
Gay, who spends much of his free time at his holiday home in Dungloe, has been […]
- CALL MADE TO RECOGNISE TOURISM POTENTIAL OF DRUMBOE WOODS
Donegal County Council is to be asked to recognise the tourism potential of Drumboe Woods in Stranorlar.
Councillor Liam Doherty said the full potential of the forest is not currently being realised and says that the site has the making of a major tourist attraction for the Finn […]
- DDTV: STUNNING DRONE FOOTAGE SHOWS DONEGAL IN ALL ITS GLORY
DDTV: FORGET old-fashioned tourism brochures.
Amateur drone operators are showing Donegal off to the world in a whole new light.
Dozens of YouTube aerial videos have been around the county in the past few months.
And it's all helping to bring more and more tourists to our […]
- WILD ATLANTIC WAY PASSPORTS NOW AVAILABLE AT POST OFFICES
TOURISM: The Wild Atlantic Way Passports are now available to purchase from Post Offices in Donegal.
The scheme designed at encouraging visitors to return to Ireland by visiting the 188 destinations on The Wild Atlantic Way passport have been welcomed by rural Post […]