IRISH tourist chiefs have recruited singer Daniel O’Donnell in a bid to bring tourists from Britain to Donegal this summer.
The online campaign is aimed at re-branding the county as ‘Daniel O’Donnell Country’.
The move is being pioneered by DiscoverIreland which promotes the country as a tourist destination to the British.
The advertising blitz has Daneil at the centre of it.
One advert reads: “Daniel O’Donnell is one of Donegal’s most famous natives. An Irish singer and television presenter, Daniel has become a household name in Ireland and across the world.
“With over 10 million records sold, Daniel’s charismatic and engaging stage presence has made him a huge success and a beloved favourite of his native County Donegal.
Daniel considers the North West of Ireland and in particular, Co. Donegal a must-visit for any tourist. The county’s exceptional landscape includes Europe’s highest sea-cliffs, mesmerising scenery and dozens of deserted white sandy beaches.
“County Donegal prides itself with a strong sense of traditional culture and heritage that has influenced Daniel O’Donnell and his music.”
Daniel is currently touring England to rave reviews.
More from Donegal Daily
- REVEALED: CHRISTINE BLEAKLEY IN DONEGAL FOR TV SHOW WHICH WILL BE SEEN BY MILLIONS
TOP telly presenter Christine Bleakley is in Donegal - filming a new TV series which will be seen by millions of people in Britain.
The fiancée of soccer star Frank Lampard says she's delighted to be back here, because she spent many childhood holidays in Ireland's most beautiful […]
- TOURISM BOSSES SAY DONEGAL CAN CONTINUE TO WOO VISITORS The news that the tourism industry had experienced a bumper July has given the Donegal tourism industry a huge boost.
A number of surveys this summer have all concluded that this summer is shaping up to be one of the best tourism seasons in almost a decade for the […]
- DDTV: STUNNING DRONE FOOTAGE SHOWS DONEGAL IN ALL ITS GLORY
DDTV: FORGET old-fashioned tourism brochures.
Amateur drone operators are showing Donegal off to the world in a whole new light.
Dozens of YouTube aerial videos have been around the county in the past few months.
And it's all helping to bring more and more tourists to our […]
- RTE STAR GAY BYRNE TO LAUNCH DONEGAL TOURISM BROCHURE Former Late Late Show host Gay Byrne is to launch the Donegal Tourism Brochure for 2015.
The well-known RTE radio and television host will unveil the brochure at Glenveagh Castle on March 12th next.
Gay, who spends much of his free time at his holiday home in Dungloe, has been […]
- MY DANIEL WON’T LIGHT-FOOT IT WITH KRISTINA – MAJELLA Majella O'Donnell has said she has no fears that her hubby will light-foot it off with stunning Strictly dancer Kristina Rihanoff.
Daniel put in a stunning performance last night after appearing on the hit BBC television show.
Kristina has a reputation of being a man-eater and […]
- MASSIVE TOURISM BOOST AS MOUNT ERRIGAL HOTEL SECURES WORLD IRISH DANCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
TOURISM BOOST: THE MOUNT ERRIGAL HOTEL have announced that they've secured the contract to host the World Irish Dance Championships next year!
The event will also be a fantastic boost to the local economy - with thousands expected to visit Donegal for the prestigious […]
- REVEALED: PRIVATE INVESTORS POURING MONEY INTO DONEGAL OFFICE DEVELOPMENT
MAYBE they know something we don't - but private investors are behind a series of projects which point to new jobs for County Donegal.
Pictured above is a new three-storey building at the Business Park in Letterkenny.
But it's not government money going into the development; it […]
- DANIEL HOPING HIS DANCE MOVES WILL BRING NORTH CLOSER TO PEACE!
Daniel O’Donnell's dance moves could help Northern Ireland come a step closer to peace.
The 53 year old Strictly star is urging both Catholics and Protestants to vote to keep him in the BBC show.
Daniel joked: “This might be the first time the Falls and the Shankill vote for […]
- DANIEL PUTS CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS ON HOLD TO HELP LITTLE PAUL WALK
Daniel O’Donnell last night put his Christmas holidays on hold to come to the aid of a young boy whose dream it is to walk.
The singer, who has completed downscaled his tour schedule to spend more time with wife Majella, said he couldn’t say no to little Paul Doherty and played a […]
- TORY ISLAND GETS A BOOST AS HOTEL SET TO RE-OPEN FOR THE SUMMER Tory Island has been given a economic boost following the news that the Island's ligthouse keeper since the 60's Sean Doherty has bought the hotel and is currently in the process of renovating the property in order to have it open for for the influx of tourists expected on the Island in […]
- DANIEL IMPRESSES ON STRICTLY AND DECLARES: ‘I’LL SOON HAVE A SIX-PACK’ DONEGAL singer Daniel O'Donnell impressed on the first show of BBC's Strictly Come Dancing.
But he admitted he might have to get a bit fitter over the next few weeks.
And he says his fans would prefer ballroom dancing to the tango!
Daniel said he hopes his Strictly dance partner […]
- TWITTER CAMPAIGN FOR INISHOWEN CYCLEWAY GOES GLOBAL! A SIMPLE tweet by an organisation pushing tourism in Donegal has gone global.
Cycle Inishowen sent out this map of the old railway lines in the county - and suggested copying the Co Mayo Greenway in this county would bring tourists flocking here.
The tweet became so popular […]
- DANIEL HOME FOR CHRISTMAS WITH GORGEOUS GRAND-DAUGHTER OLIVIA
Singer Daniel O'Donnell and his wife Majella are enjoying Christmas at home with their baby grand-daughter Olivia.
The five-month-old is pictured with Daniel beside the family Christmas tree.
Daniel's step-daughter Siobhan gave birth in August to baby Olivia and Daniel says […]
- ENGLISH DANIEL O’DONNELL FAN SAYS LIFE ‘RUINED’ BY TOUR ‘SNUB’
An 18-YEAR-old Daniel O'Donnell fan in England says his life has been 'ruined' because the Donegal singer hasn't included his town in this year's tour schedule.
David Marks from Plymouth is the ultimate Daniel SuperFan but says he was shocked when his town wasn't included on […]
- STUNNING NEW MOVILLE SHORE WALK GUIDE LAUNCHED IT'S one of the most popular shore walks in Co Donegal - and now the walk from Moville to Greencastle has been given a facelift...online!
Local man Liam Skelly, a well-known amateur photographer, has been updating a Facebook page dedicated to the walk.
You can follow his daily […]
- DANIEL SAYS PAL CLIFF RICHARD SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN NAMED IN SEX ABUSE CLAIMS Daniel O'Donnell says his close friend Sir Cliff Richard should never have been named after a recent sex abuse claim was made against him.
Daniel described Cliff as a "really genuine, good person who would do nothing to anybody, least of all a child".
The English singer […]
- DANIEL TO VOTE ‘YES’ AS HE DECLARES ‘EVERYONE SHOULD BE EQUAL’ Daniel O’Donnell has revealed he will be voting Yes in next week's marriage equality referendum.
The Kincasslagh star said he believes that a Yes vote will not make life any different for those who advocate a No vote.
He said that “those who know what they’re talking about” are […]
- MARGO REVEALS SHE HASN’T BEEN BACK TO KINCASSLAGH SINCE MUM JULIA DIED Margo O’Donnell has revealed that she has not visited her Co Donegal hometown since her mother died almost a year ago.
The older sister of Daniel O'Donnell said she finds it too hard to go back to Kincasslagh since Julia died last May.
Julia was 94 when she passed away at […]
- FLATLEY SAD THAT DANIEL GOT THE BOOT FROM ‘STRICTLY’
Dance king Michael Flatley said he was sad that Daniel O'Donnell got kicked off the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing.
The Lord of the Dance said he really enjoyed Daniel's four week stint on the huge show.
And he said he really thought Daniel had some good moves and could have went […]
- DANIEL IS WORRIED FOR VOTE-OFF AS HE TIPS PETER ANDRE TO WIN STRICTLY
Daniel O’Donnell reckons Peter Andre will win Strictly Come Dancing.
The Kincaslagh man heaped praise on the Mysterious Girl singer and also spoke of how he has made pals with all the other performers during an enjoyable stint on show.
He said: “The younger dancers are the […]