People are being advised not to eat certain jars of Lloyd Grossman korma sauce after two people in Scotland were taken to hospital with botulism.
“Only one jar from the batch is known to have been contaminated with the bacteria clostridium botulinum, which causes botulism,” said a health official in Scotland.
The batch is 350g jars with a best before date of February 2013, and a batch code of 1218R 07:21.
Two members of the same family had contracted botulism after eating a meal made with the sauce and had been taken to hospital.
Their condition now is not known.
Although only one jar is known to be affected, products from the batch are being recalled.
No other batches of Lloyd Grossman products were thought to be affected.Tags: