Daniel O’Donnell’s wife has revealed he hides in the wardrobe when they have an argument!
Majella O’Donnell says the millionaire singer is a practical joker and is a master of defusing the situation when the couple fall out.
“A lot of people don’t see the real Daniel.
“He is full of fun and does the silliest of things. If we fall out he might have gone into the wardrobe and he’ll say ‘Can I come out now?’
“It defuses the situation and he certainly knows what buttons to press with me,” said Majella.
Daniel, who turned 50 last week, admits that he almost lost his wife after the couple split up for a while when they were dating.
“We broke up for a wee bit. Majella was getting a divorce and I thought ‘can we go on with this?
“After we broke up I would find myself saying ‘would Majella like this?’ I thought to myself – why am I fighting this battle when I don’t need to.
“I figured out whatever obstacles there would be that we would be able to overcome them and we did,” he said.
The couple admit that they also leave little love notes for eachother around their house whenever they are separated for long periods of time.
Daniel, who has never smoked or drank alcohol, said he is not bothered about reaching half a century.
However he admits he lost a few days off his life when he was breathalysed by the Garda for the first time earlier this year
“I was going across a bridge in Kilkenny and there they (the Gardai) were. They looked into the window and they saw me and asked me to blow into the bag.
“I was so nervous bowing into it. I was thinking to myself ‘what if this goes wrong?” he laughed.
More from Donegal Daily
- MAJELLA RESTING UP BEFORE SERIOUS SURGERY IN THE COMING WEEKS Daniel O’Donnell has revealed his wife is having plenty of rest and relaxation before she undergoes serious surgery in the coming weeks.
The singer and his brave wife Majella spent Christmas at home but have spent the last few weeks on sun-kissed Tenerife.
But Majella will […]
- DANIEL SLAPS BAN ON ANY BIG PARTY FOR HIS 50TH! He may not look almost half a century but Daniel O’Donnell is dreading his 50th birthday.
The millionaire singer celebrates his milestone birthday on December 12th next.
But he has left strict instructions that he doesn’t want a big party.
Wife Majella has revealed she has tried […]
- DANIEL AND MAJELLA SIGNED UP FOR ANOTHER B&B ROADTRIP
The O'Donnells have signed on the dotted line for ANOTHER series of the hugely popular hit television series, Daniel and Majella's B&B Roadtrip.
UTV bosses were so impressed with the ratings from the husband and wife's first TV show that they have now offered them a new […]
- DANIEL REVEALS MAJELLA’S CANCER TREATMENT IS FINISHED AS THEY PLAN QUIET CHRISTMAS IN DONEGAL Daniel O’Donnell has revealed his wife Majella has finished her cancer treatment and they are both looking forward to spending Christmas together.
Daniel is currently touring America but he says he cannot wait to get home to Donegal for the festive season.
“I am pleased to tell […]
- BRAVE MAJELLA – I BATTLE THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE ALL THE TIME The brave wife of singing sensation Daniel O’Donnell has admitted she still battles thoughts of suicide.
Despite finding love and happiness and having a very wealthy lifestyle, Majella O’Donnell says she knows she has a medical condition that she will have to battle fiever.
- MAJELLA PUBLISHES ‘NO MAKE-UP’ SELFIE TO HELP RAISE MORE CASH FOR CANCER CHARITY HER remarkable decision to have her hair shaved off on the Late Late Show has already raised €600,000 for charity - now Majella O'Donnell has joined the latest craze of posting a 'no make-up' selfie in a bid to raise more money.
The 53-year-old wife of singer Daniel O'Donnell posted […]
- BECOMING A GRANDMOTHER IS ‘KNITTING WELL’ WITH MAJELLA! Singer Daniel O'Donnell has revealed that wife Majella has become a knitting fanatic since learning she is to be a grandmother.
The Donegal entertainer and his wife recently revealed how Majella's daughter Siobhan and her fiancé Gavin are expecting their first child.
Now Daniel, […]
- DANIEL KEEPS PROMISE TO PLAY EMOTIONAL CONCERT FOR HOSPITAL WHERE MUM DIED Daniel O’Donnell has kept a promise to the hospital where his mother died – by playing a fundraising concert for them.
The millionaire singer was due to play a concert in aid of Dungloe Community Hospital last May.
But the day the concert was due to take place, his beloved mum […]
- MAJELLA O’DONNELL TO BE STAR GUEST AT BREAST CANCER AWARENESS BALL
Majella O Donnell has informed the organising committee for this year’s North West Breast Cancer Ball that she will be flying home from a sunny Tenerife to attend the ball this week.
Majella was guest of honour at last year’s Breast Ball. She spoke movingly of her own journey with […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL AS TV3’S IRELAND AM BROADCASTS LIVE FROM SUNNY HARVEY’S POINT HOTEL
TV3's Ireland AM was broadcast live from Harvey's Point Hotel in sunny Donegal this morning.
Hotel host Noel Cunningham of course doubles up as the celebrity man on the show.
And he persuaded the TV3 team to come to the county for the day.
Majella O'Donnell, Jody Gallagher […]
- FLATLEY SAD THAT DANIEL GOT THE BOOT FROM ‘STRICTLY’
Dance king Michael Flatley said he was sad that Daniel O'Donnell got kicked off the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing.
The Lord of the Dance said he really enjoyed Daniel's four week stint on the huge show.
And he said he really thought Daniel had some good moves and could have went […]
- DANIEL’S LAST AMBITION IS TO SING EDELWEISS! Daniel O’Donnell has revealed he has one ambition left in his career – to appear in the Sound of Music.
The Kincasslagh singer, 49, has revealed he would drop everything to play the part of Captain George von Trapp in the famous musical.
“I would drop my free time to do a musical. […]
- DANIEL COMPLETES HIS CUPLA FOCAIL! Singer Daniel O’Donnell has revealed he has already completed his refresher course in the Irish language.
The Kincasslagh man said he thoroughly enjoyed the lessons in Glencolmcille.
And he said he hopes to get to the stage that he can be confident enough in the language to do […]
- DANIEL TALKS LIFE, LOVE AND GETTING A WIG ON THE LATE LATE Daniel O’Donnell celebrated his 50th birthday early last night when he appeared on the Late Late Show.
The singer was lauded by family and friends as he prepares to mark his milestone birthday on Monday next.
The Kincasslagh man talked about everything of losing his father when he […]
- RTE CHOOSE DANIEL FOR CHRISTMAS DAY EVENING SPECIAL Daniel O’Donnell’s popularity shows no sign of slowing down after RTE chose to broadcast a Christmas Day special with the man himself.
Daniel At 50 will feature the life and times of the Kincasslagh singing sensation.
The show will feature interviews with family and friends as well […]
- DANIEL OPENS THE DOORS OF HIS VISITORS CENTRE FOR A SNEAK PREVIEW Daniel O’Donnell has opened up his new visitor’s centre to give readers of Donegaldaily.com a sneak preview.
The much-awaited Daniel O’Donnell Visitors' Centre will not officially open its doors until Sunday.
But the Kincasslagh star allowed us behind the scenes as the final […]
- MARGO REVEALS SHE HASN’T BEEN BACK TO KINCASSLAGH SINCE MUM JULIA DIED Margo O’Donnell has revealed that she has not visited her Co Donegal hometown since her mother died almost a year ago.
The older sister of Daniel O'Donnell said she finds it too hard to go back to Kincasslagh since Julia died last May.
Julia was 94 when she passed away at […]
- DANIEL VOWS TO FIND THE DANCER ‘INSIDE’ AFTER GREAT PERFORMANCE DANIEL O'Donnell has vowed to find the dancer inside him after another great performance of Strictly Come Dancing.
The Donegal man took to the floor - and hoping for votes for the first time - on the hit BBC show this evening.
And he and partner Kristina Rihanoff did a cheeky […]
- MOST EXPENSIVE PIECE OF DANIEL O’DONNELL MEMORABILIA EVER FOR SALE!
It's a little bit more expensive than a gold disc or a signed photograph.
But the ultimate piece of Daniel O'Donnell memorabilia has just been put up for the sale - a €400,000 home which Daniel grew up in.
The house, which was put up for sale on daft.ie yesterday, boasts no […]
- DANIEL BREAKS DOWN ON LATE LATE AS HE RECALLS MAJELLA’S BATTLE WITH CANCER
Daniel O’Donnell broke down in tears on the Late Late Show as he spoke about his wife Majella’s battle with cancer.
The normally ice-cool singer was overcome with emotion as he recounted the moment he realised his wife’s cancer was for real.
Daniel, 51, said he was watching […]