Donegal South West TD Thomas has published his expenses online for all to see.
The list includes his list for the running of his constituency office and also the leader’s allowance he is given as an Independent TD in the Dail
“The table below gives a breakdown of my constituency office expenses. This is paid as the Parliamentary Standard Allowance. In 2011, I received €12678.57 from this allowance towards the costs of maintaining a constituency office,” said Thomas.
Parliamentary Standard Allowance
Mortgage Interest €2574.18
Water Charges 175.00
Office Equipment/Stationary 2613.35
“As an independent member of the Dail I also receive a ‘Leader’s Allowance’ this is intended to be equivalent to the Leader’s Allowances paid to the political parties. The payment recognises that parties have costs associated with the work of a political party and similarly independents in our political system are competing with the parties and this payment is to assist with work related to political activity.”
Technical Group Admin € 920.00
Public Relations 2415.00
Media Training 1240.00
Web/Social Media 338.00
Facilitating Groups 1284.15
Travel/Accommodation (Staff) 160.00
Room Hire 420.00
Sub Total €14811.25
Carryover to 2012 €19971.95
Total Received €34783.20
More from Donegal Daily
- TD PRINGLE IN TALKS TO SET UP NEW POLITICAL PARTY INDEPENDENT TD Thomas Pringle has been involved in talks to set up a new left wing political party, made up of former Labour Party members.
Deputy Pringle, a former member of Sinn Fein, has had discussions with former junior health minister Roisin Shortall.
A number of other former […]
- PRINGLE: ‘APOLOGIES FROM CHURCH RING HOLLOW FOR VICTIMS’ Independent TD Thomas Pringle has said the publication of the Raphoe Audit is "a stark reminder of the abuse for the many victims that are still suffering in our communities."
The Donegal South West deputy went on: "The view that the systems are now in place to ensure that the diocese […]
- PRINGLE DEMANDS RE-INSTATEMENT OF MEDICAL CARDS NOW DONEGAL TD Thomas Pringle has demanded that the handling of the discretionary medical card review be addressed now and that all those entitled should not be left waiting following the suspension of the review.
“Taking away medical cards from those who rely on them the most is […]
- PRINGLE ATTACKS GOVERNMENT’S ‘ANTI-RURAL’ RECORD IN DONEGAL
Deputy Thomas Pringle attacked the Government’s record in Donegal highlighting increases in fuel and food poverty in the county and blaming it on what he calls are ‘anti-rural policies’ of the Coalition.
Speaking in the Dail, the Independent TD said 31,000 people in the county now […]
- PRINGLE: BUDGET BY-PASSED LOW PAID WORKERS
INDEPENDENT TD Thomas Pringle has hit out at this week's budget saying the less well-off in society were ignored.
Income supports were not restored while low income workers were left unsupported, said Deputy Pringle.
"Despite cuts in USC, this budget failed to consider the […]
- DONEGAL TD TO DISCUSS IRISH WATER DEBACLE IN KRAKOW Independent TD for Donegal, Thomas Pringle has been invited to speak at the European Congress of Local Governments taking place in Kraków on the 4th May.
And the Killybegs man is using the occasion to discuss the Irish Water debacle.
The Congress will provide a platform for […]
- HOW LOW CAN THEY GO? PENSIONER, 78, BEATEN IN LATEST DONEGAL ROBBERY CRUEL thieves have beaten another Co Donegal pensioner during a robbery - for the second time in two months.
The 78-year-old victim was thrown to the ground at her home in Pettigo at the weekend.
She was assaulted in a similar attack on November 16th last.
The assault comes […]
- BROKEN X-RAY MACHINE AT DONEGAL HOSPITAL WILL TAKE TWO MONTHS TO REPLACE The X-Ray machine at Killybegs Community Hospital has broken and it will now take two months to get a replacement.
The situation has been highlighted by Donegal South West Deputy Thomas Pringle.
He said the the X Ray Department has now been closed for a month and will not now open […]
- MINISTER SAYS DONEGAL COMMUNITY CLINICS CLOSURE TO BE REVIEWED Thomas Pringle TD says the closure of 12 Community Welfare Service Clinics in Donegal will be kept under under review.
The Donegal Deputy met with Minister Joan Burton in relation to the matter.
“I will be holding the Minister to her word on that with a view to getting the […]
- TD PRINGLE’S ANGER OVER DEATH ROW PRISONER
A DONEGAL TD whose own father was sentenced to death but later cleared has hit out at the Government today over a death row prisoner in America.
Thomas Pringle criticised Fine Gael and Labour for their failure to provide adequate consular assistance to Irish citizen Michael […]
- PRINGLE OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES HIS ELECTION CAMPAIGN
Thomas Pringle has launched his 2016 election campaign in his hometown of Killybegs.
The Independent TD said “it has been my honour to serve as an independent TD for Donegal since 2011 and hopefully with your support and the support of the people of Donegal I will be able to […]
- TD’S ANGER AT DOCTORS CHARGING FOR BLOOD TESTS DONEGAL Deputy Thomas Pringle has urged people to become whistleblowers on any doctors who illegally charge patients for blood tests.
Mr Pringle told donegaldaily that patients should question the charges - and if they're not happy, to report their GPs.
Said the independent […]
- TD DOHERTY CHALLENGES ‘OVERPAID’ POLITICIANS AS HE PUBLISHES EXPENSES DONEGAL Sinn Fein TD Deputy Pearse Doherty today published his entire expenses, saying every other politician in Dail Eireann should do the same.
Deputy Doherty takes home the average industrial salary of around €540 per week and uses money left from his salary to employ two workers […]
- FATHER OF DONEGAL TD TO MARRY WOMAN HE MET ON DEATH ROW The father of Donegal TD Thomas Pringle is to marry the woman he met on death row.
Peter Pringle (72) is to marry his long-term partner Sonia 'Sunny' Jacobs (63) Amnesty International campaigner.
Mr Pringle spent 15 years in prison before his conviction for the murder of a garda […]
- I HAVE GIVEN UP €7,000 IN EXPENSES BY NOT ATTENDING HSE MEETINGS – McBREARTY Independent Cllr Frank McBrearty Jnr has revealed his reasons for not attending HSE meetings for the past year and a half.
The former Labour councillor says he cannot justify claiming up to €350 each time he attends a meeting.
Cllr McBrearty says he will not travel to Galway […]
- DONEGAL SENATOR PAYS BACK €3,434 IN WRONGLY-CLAIMED EXPENSES Donegal Senator Brian O Domhnaill has repaid the Oireachtas €3,434 for wrongly-claimed expenses, it has been revealed.
The Fianna Fail politician is already being investigated by the Standards in Public Office Commission for alleged duplication of expenses claims.
A total of […]
- SENATOR O DOMHNAILL SAYS EXPENSES WERE USED TO CARRY OUT HIS DUTIES Senator Brian O Domhnaill has reacted to claims that he has paid back €3,434 to the Oireachtas for wrongly-claimed expenses.
The Fianna Fail politician issued a statement this afternoon on the matter.
The Gortahork public representative said the Vouched Public Representation […]
- KEAVENEY POCKETS A FORTUNE FOR LEAVING DAIL FORMER Fianna Fail senator Cecilia Keaveney is set for a cash windfall after stepping down from the Oireachtas.
The ex-TD will pocket a €55k termination payment.
She will also receive a pension lump sum of €126,675 - plus an annual pension of €40k.
The Inishowen politician has […]
- SENATOR’S ANGER: FIVE EXPENSES ALLEGATIONS CAME FROM ANONYMOUS LETTER Senator Brian O’Domhnaill faces five allegations of double claiming on his expenses when he was a county councillor, Donegaldaily.com has learned, but the Senator is insisting it's all lies.
And we can reveal the allegations have been made ANONYMOUSLY, fueling new anger from the […]
- GIVE US THE INFRASTRUCTURE FOR MORE JOBS, SAYS PRINGLE THE expansion of Pramerica with an extra 330 jobs on top of the 1,200 already employed there is proof that Donegal can create even more jobs given the right infrastructure, says TD Thomas Pringle.
While so many tech companies choose to go to Dublin, Cork or Galway, Donegal has lost […]