Donegal South West TD Thomas has published his expenses online for all to see.
The list includes his list for the running of his constituency office and also the leader’s allowance he is given as an Independent TD in the Dail
“The table below gives a breakdown of my constituency office expenses. This is paid as the Parliamentary Standard Allowance. In 2011, I received €12678.57 from this allowance towards the costs of maintaining a constituency office,” said Thomas.
Parliamentary Standard Allowance
Mortgage Interest €2574.18
Water Charges 175.00
Office Equipment/Stationary 2613.35
“As an independent member of the Dail I also receive a ‘Leader’s Allowance’ this is intended to be equivalent to the Leader’s Allowances paid to the political parties. The payment recognises that parties have costs associated with the work of a political party and similarly independents in our political system are competing with the parties and this payment is to assist with work related to political activity.”
Technical Group Admin € 920.00
Public Relations 2415.00
Media Training 1240.00
Web/Social Media 338.00
Facilitating Groups 1284.15
Travel/Accommodation (Staff) 160.00
Room Hire 420.00
Sub Total €14811.25
Carryover to 2012 €19971.95
Total Received €34783.20
More from Donegal Daily
- ELECTION 2016: ODDS SHORTEN ON PRINGLE TAKING SEAT – AND A FIANNA FAIL/FINE GAEL COALITION
PUNTERS have been splashing the cash on Thomas Pringle - shortening his odds on retaining a seat in Dail Eireann.
The Killybegs politician's odds have shortened as a result, according the BoyleSports.
He has been supported into 1/2 from Evens with Fine Gael’s Joe […]
- TD PRINGLE LAUNCHES COMMUNITY CONSULTATION INITIATIVE INDEPENDENT TD Thomas Pringle has launched a series of community consultation events, meeting people in various parts of Donegal South West.
Speaking at the first public meeting in the Finn Valley Centre last Monday night Mr Pringle heard the concerns of the people about issues in the […]
- TD PRINGLE: PEOPLE MUST HAVE THEIR SAY ON EU/IMF BAILOUT DONEGAL SOUTH West TD Thomas Pringle has criticised the Coaition Government's decision not to hold a referendum on the EU/IMF bailout.
The newly-elected Independent TD is part of a technical group in Dail Eireann which had attempted to force the Government to take the deal to the […]
- TD PRINGLE IN TALKS TO SET UP NEW POLITICAL PARTY INDEPENDENT TD Thomas Pringle has been involved in talks to set up a new left wing political party, made up of former Labour Party members.
Deputy Pringle, a former member of Sinn Fein, has had discussions with former junior health minister Roisin Shortall.
A number of other former […]
- TDs WELCOME RANDOX INVESTMENT IN DUNGLOE Donegal South West TDs Deputy Pearse Doherty and Deputy Thomas Pringle have both welcomed the announcement by diagnostics group Randox that it plans to create up to 540 new jobs at its Dungloe facility, ‘Randox Teoranta’, by 2020.
“Randox has committed itself to producing high quality […]
- PRINGLE COMMENDS FISHERMEN ON QUOTA PROTEST Thomas Pringle TD has today commended the fisherman who gave away his catch of monkfish rather than throw it back in the sea because of EU rules.
Speaking on the matter today, the Independent TD for Donegal South West stated: “It was a brave decision by this skipper from Co. Wexford […]
- LAGHEY POST OFFICE WILL RE-OPEN, TD PRINGLE IS TOLD An Post has promised it will reopen a Donegal post office after it closed unexpectedly.
Hundreds of customers in the Laghey area have been left without adequate post office services for the last three weeks after their post-ofice closed without any wanring.
The first residents knew […]
- PRINGLE CALLS FOR CHILDREN’S REFERENDUM TO BE POSTPONED Donegal TD Thomas Pringle has called for a postponement to the Children’s Referendum to be held this Saturday.
It comes after the Supreme Court today found the government’s referendum website to be ‘not fair, equal or impartial’.
The Supreme Court’s decision upheld a challenge […]
- PRINGLE: ‘APOLOGIES FROM CHURCH RING HOLLOW FOR VICTIMS’ Independent TD Thomas Pringle has said the publication of the Raphoe Audit is "a stark reminder of the abuse for the many victims that are still suffering in our communities."
The Donegal South West deputy went on: "The view that the systems are now in place to ensure that the diocese […]
- PRINGLE DEMANDS RE-INSTATEMENT OF MEDICAL CARDS NOW DONEGAL TD Thomas Pringle has demanded that the handling of the discretionary medical card review be addressed now and that all those entitled should not be left waiting following the suspension of the review.
“Taking away medical cards from those who rely on them the most is […]
- DEPUTY THOMAS PRINGLE’S PARLIAMENTARY ASSISTANT CLAIMS SHE WAS UNFAIRLY DISMISSED A woman employed as a parliamentary assistant to Independent TD Thomas Pringle has claimed she was unfairly dismissed.
Joan Blackbyrne is taking a case against the Killybegs politician and the Houses of the Oireachtas. Counsel for the Houses of the Oireachtas has claimed Ms Blackbyrne […]
- EXPENSES INVESTIGATION – ALCORN SAYS HE WILL DEFEND ANY CLAIMS AGAINST HIM One of the three councillors under investigation for alleged overclaiming of expenses has said he will “robustly defend” any claims against him.
And Cllr David Alcorn said he wants it to be known that his referral to the Standards In Public Office is NOT for […]
- NEW GOVERNMENT RULES ON PROCUREMENT COULD COST DONEGAL JOBS, WARNS TD JOBS could go in Co Donegal under new procurement rules, a TD has warned.
Thomas Pringle TD has today called for evidence that the impact on jobs was assessed when the government instructed that public service bodies such as schools are to now purchase supplies from centralised […]
- PRINGLE CALLS ON GOVERNMENT TO ESTABLISH SUICIDE PREVENTION AUTHORITY Thomas Pringle TD has called on the government to establish a Suicide Prevention Authority to tackle the prevalence of suicide and self-harm in our society.
Speaking on the matter to Eamon Gilmore today at Leaders’ Questions, the Independent TD for Donegal South West said mental […]
- TD PRINGLE CRITICISES REPORT ON KILLYBEGS’ FUTURE THERE is growing controversy over the future of Killybegs
And Independent TD Thomas Pringle is just the lastest person to express disappointment after reading the High Level Report on employment prospects in Killybegs.
"Everyone welcomed the creation of the group in Killybegs in […]
- SEAFOOD BUSINESSES MUST CREATE JOBS TO GET GRANTS – DONEGAL TD DONEGAL TD Thomas Pringle has called for the creation of jobs as a condition of grant aid under seafood business development and seafood processing schemes to ensure that the maximum number of jobs are created and maintained in the seafood processing sector.
“Operated by Bord Iascaigh […]
- PRINGLE FIGHTS TO KEEP DONEGAL’S FISHING QUOTAS Independent Donegal TD Thomas Pringle has vowed to keep pressure on the EU Fisheries Minister over plans to privatise Ireland’s fishing quotas.
There are currently plans to allow countries to buy fishing quotas from individual fishermen for the next 15 years.
However Deputy Pringle […]
- FINE GAEL ATTACKS ON MCGUINNESS WILL ONLY BOOST HIS VOTES – PRINGLE Thomas Pringle has said he thinks the attacks on Sinn Fein’s Martin McGuinness will only help him get more votes.
The Donegal South West TD said he thinks the strategy by Fine Gael to hone in on McGuinness’ past will backfire on them.
“I definitely think it will backfire on Fine […]
- PRINGLE: BUDGET BY-PASSED LOW PAID WORKERS
INDEPENDENT TD Thomas Pringle has hit out at this week's budget saying the less well-off in society were ignored.
Income supports were not restored while low income workers were left unsupported, said Deputy Pringle.
"Despite cuts in USC, this budget failed to consider the […]
- DONEGAL TD’S PRINGLE AND MAC LOCHLAINN VOICE SUPPORT FOR GAY EQUALITY Donegal TD's Thomas Pringle and Padraig Mac Lochlainn have voiced their support for Gay equality in Ireland, during a live TV debate on the Vincent Browne show tonight.
The topic on the show was about homophobia in Ireland, and the debate centered mainly on the issue of gay […]