Donegal comedian Conal Gallen fulfilled a dream for Ryan Tubridy last Friday night when he appeared on the Late Late Show!
The Ballybofey man and self-confirmed old school comic brought a bit of fun to the RTE studios.
And just for another bit of fun, Conal also posted some pictures of himself behind the scenes!
More from Donegal Daily
- TOP BROADCASTER BRANDS DONEGAL’S INTERVIEW ON LATE LATE A “DISGRACE” The controversy surrounding the Donegal team’s brief appearance on RTE’s Late Late Show has been reignited by one of Ireland’s top broadcasters. Well-known and hugely respected former UTV sports commentator Adrian Logan has branded the interview a disgrace. Logan, affectionately […]
- DONEGAL RELATIONS TOAST EUROVISION ENTRY WINNER RYAN His granny is from Glenswilly and he has many close relations across Donegal. Strabane singer Ryan Dolan can now count on the support of Eurovision Song Contest fans from Donegal when he represents Ireland in the contest in Malmo, Sweden. Ryan was chosen as the winner of the Late […]
- DDTV: RTE STAR TUBRIDY REVEALS WHY HE JUST LOVES JIM McGUINNESS! RTE star Ryan Tubridy is a huge fan of Jim McGuinness. He took time out at this week's Web Summit in Dublin to tell Shane Wallace of DonegalTV of his admiration for the Glenties man, about his recent country music special and what the Late Late Toy Show has in store for […]
- DONEGAL MAN WINS €10,000 AND GARTH BROOKS TICKETS ON LATE LATE SHOW ONE Garth Brooks fan is very happy indeed! Donegal man Paul McDaid was over the moon when Ryan Tubridy called him on the Late Late Show tonight - to tell him he'd won the show's phone-in competition. Buncrana man Paul gets his hands on two tickets to Garth Brooks - and €10,000 in […]
- DONEGAL SCHOOL SPELLS OUT ITS SECRET TO SUCCESS WITH €15,000 LIBRARY WIN A Letterkenny school has 'spelt' out its success after winning a national spelling competition and claiming €15,000 worth of books in the process. Illistrin National School was one of just 12 schools to be shortlisted form more than 500 around the country to take part in the Eason […]
- DANIEL BREAKS DOWN ON LATE LATE AS HE RECALLS MAJELLA’S BATTLE WITH CANCER Daniel O’Donnell broke down in tears on the Late Late Show as he spoke about his wife Majella’s battle with cancer. The normally ice-cool singer was overcome with emotion as he recounted the moment he realised his wife’s cancer was for real. Daniel, 51, said he was watching […]
- ECLIPSE CINEMAS FAMILY FUN DAY A HUGE SUCCESS – PIC SPECIAL FEATURES: The Eclipse Cinema Family Fun Day has been heralded as a massive success after a huge crowd turned out for the event. There was a whole series of activities that catered for children of all ages and it really was a perfect family day out. Some of […]
- GETTING BOOT FROM RTE HELPED ME FIND FRANK IN LETTERKENNY – DJ NIKKI Former 2FM DJ Nikki Hayes has revealed that getting the boot from RTE helped her fall in love with her Donegal boyfriend. Nikki revealed it was the need to make money after she was ditched by RTE which saw her end up working in Donegal. It was while in Letterkenny that Nikki […]
- DDTV HD VIDEO: GREAT NIGHT OF MUSIC FROM COLÁISTE AILIGH SHOW WATCH another video from COLÁISTE AILIGH show at An Grianan Theatre on Friday night. In this clip, the talented students show off their superb musicianship. Click to play> * Send your school pix and video links to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DANIEL COMPLETES HIS CUPLA FOCAIL! Singer Daniel O’Donnell has revealed he has already completed his refresher course in the Irish language. The Kincasslagh man said he thoroughly enjoyed the lessons in Glencolmcille. And he said he hopes to get to the stage that he can be confident enough in the language to do […]
- DDTV: INISHOWEN STUDENTS PROVE SCIENCE CAN BE FUN! Students at one Inishowen school have shown that school doesn't have to be boring! Pupils from Crana College in Buncrana rolled up their sleeves to take part in their Science Fair this week. All sorts of experiments were undertaken and a great day was had by all […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: HUGE CROWD COME OUT FOR THEIR APPOINTMENTS WITH CHRISTIAN GREY AT ECLIPSE CINEMAS PICTURE SPECIAL: We had a FULL appointment book for Mr. Grey on Friday as the highly anticipated Fifty Shades of Grey hit the screens. Friday night was so much fun with all the people who came to see Jamie Dornan as Mr. Christian Grey. Check out the photos above courtesy of Joe […]
- JIM McGUINNESS TO TAKE PART IN RISING DOCUMENTARY Jim McGuinness will explore his ancestry and their links to the 1916 Rising in a new four part documentary for RTE television. The series, called Ireland's Rising' begins on Sunday night next at 8.30pm on RTE One. The Glenties man is one of a number of well-known faces who […]
- THE DONEGAL TRILOGY TO BE LAUNCHED IN HONOUR OF LITTLE JOHN NEE ONE of Donegal’s best-loved performers is to be honoured in a book honouring his three most famous plays. Little John Nee has been thrilling audiences across Donegal and Ireland for the past 20 years. Now An Grianan Theatre is to publish his three most famous plays Rural Electric, […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: RORY GETS DUNLEWEY ROCKING TO ‘JIMMY’S WINNING MATCHES’ WE knew The Revs were good. In case you'd forgotten, Rory Gallagher (last known address Lanzarote) really got the crowd going on his homecoming gig in Dunlewey last night. The GAA fundraiser pulled in a huge crowd. And they were all most there to hear the Kilcar man belt out […]
- POLAND/UKRAINE 2012: PICTURE SPECIAL OF SHAY’S NIGHT AT LANSDOWNE SHAY Given enjoyed a great night for Ireland in Dublin - and here are some great pictures from Stephen Doherty from Lansdowne Road (it's named after an insurance company now!) Shay told Sky Sports: "It's a historic moment. It's been a long 16 months but we're extremely happy […]
- WEEKEND PICTURE SPECIAL FROM THE DRY ARCH INN Dry Arch Inn Weekend Picture Special: Since re-opening a couple of years ago The Dry Arch Inn has been an incredible success. Its popularity continues to expand with the bar regularly providing top-class entertainment for its customers to enjoy. Every weekend the bar is busy and […]
- VOODOO VENUE WEEKEND PICTURE SPECIAL – HAVE YOU WON FREE ENTRY FOR FOUR? What another fantastic weekend we had at Voodoo Venue, the venue was packed Friday, Saturday and Sunday and with top class entertainment being provided throughout the weekend which catered for all ages. Every week Voodoo Venue in conjunction with Donegal Daily team-up to run […]
- CHRISTMAS PICTURE SPECIAL FROM VOODOO VENUE What a sensational festive weekend everybody had at Donegal’s No.1 nightspot Voodoo Venue. There was a party atmosphere as always all weekend with everybody looking forward to kicking off the Christmas celebrations in style. Huge crowds descended on the venue on both Friday, […]
- VOODOO VENUE WEEKEND PICTURE SPECIAL – HAVE YOU WON FREE ENTRY AND CHAMPAGNE We had another great weekend at Voodoo Venue, and while we were all disappointed that both Donegal teams lost their respective All-Ireland finals against Kingdom, we're still very proud of both teams. So much so that for tonight's HIJACKED TUESDAY the theme is DONEGAL night. You […]