A CO DONEGAL photographer is celebrating being named Irish Wedding Photographer of the Year.
Paul Doherty, 23, said he was still ‘on cloud nine’ after picking up the prestigious award.
And from some of his pictures here, you can see why!
“We were delighted to have been nominated never mind winning it,” said Paul, whose dad also Paul is also a top photographer.
“As the only photographer outside of the Dublin area that was nominated it makes it extra special for us to go on to win.
“I would just like to thank everyone who has voted for us over the past few weeks and special thank you to the Couples who nominated us for this award, without them none of this would have been possible.”
Paul, from Kilmacrennan, said it was definitely a team effort.
He told us: “It’s not just me who won this as my Dad, also Paul Doherty and a Photographer, deserves a lot of the credit along with everyone else who has helped us over the past year.”
The competition was run by www.realweddings.ie and it is an annual competition for Wedding Suppliers throughout Ireland. The suppliers are nominated by Couples who have recently got married and who ever receives the most nominations throughout the year go’s through to the voting stage, then it was up to the general public to vote for their favourite.
See more on www.pauldoherty.ie.
More from Donegal Daily
- WOW! NOW YOUNG DONEGAL PHOTOGRAPHER WINS WORLDWIDE AWARD THIS is the stunning picture which has landed a young Co Donegal photographer a global award.
Paul Doherty, 23, from Kilmacrennan was named Irish wedding photographer of the year just a few weeks ago.
Now the talented snapper has proved that he’s not just great at capturing […]
- DONEGAL MAN NAMED AMONG TOP TEN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS IN WORLD A young Co Donegal photographer has been named in the Top 10 Professional Wedding Photographers in the world.
Kilmacrennan-based Paul Doherty is just 23 years old but has already made a huge name for himself.
Last year he was named Irish Wedding Photographer of the Year.
And now […]
- DONEGAL DOLL-MAKER TOPS UK TOY AWARDS A Donegal doll-maker has topped the poll in the Independent Toy Awards in the UK.
Arklu Dolls, who are based in the CoLab in Letterkenny, won the dolls section of the prestigious awards for their doll Lottie.
The company’s managing director Ian Harkin, from Ballybofey, said he […]
- STUNNING PICTURE OF FANAD HEAD WINS SNAPPER TOP UTV PRIZE
THIS absolutely stunning picture of Fanad Lighthouse has helped win a photographer a top prize.
Ronan Daly, from Derry, has been named UTV's Lesser Spotted Snapper of the Year.
His midnight image - taken in October - came out top of the pile.
The competition, which […]
- SILVER TASSIE SCOOPS TOP RATED IRISH WEDDING VENUE AWARD
The Silver Tassie Hotel is celebrating after winning not one, not two, not three but four awards at a top wedding awards ceremony.
The hotel, which is nestled between Letterkenny and Ramelton, scooped the awards at the prestigious weddingdates.ie awards.
The hotel won the "top […]
- FORMER GARDA SERGEANT GRIPPED STEERING WHEEL AFTER SUSPECTED DRUNK-DRIVING INCIDENT A former Garda Sergeant gripped his steering wheel and refused to get out of his car when stopped for suspected drunk-driving.
A special sitting of Letterkenny District Court yesterday heard how it took three Gardai to get Jack Conaty out of his car.
The court heard how Conaty, a […]
- SLIEVE LEAGUE CLIFFS VOTED MOST IMPRESSIVE VISITOR ATTRACTION
Donegal's Slieve League Cliffs was the most impressive visit for customers of CIE Tours International last year.
The company held its annual Awards of Excellence in Dublin earlier tonight.
Glenveagh National Park was also the recipient of a prestigious award.
Kee’s Hotel in […]
- DDTV: DONEGAL COUPLE’S INCREDIBLE WEDDING RECEPTION ENTRANCE
Grainne Doherty became Mrs Corry after marrying the love of her life Jamie at the weekend...
But their incredible entrance into their reception at the Silver Tassie Hotel has been the talk of the parish since.
Luckily wedding photographer Paul Doherty was on hand to catch it all […]
- DONEGAL WOMAN WINS ‘BRIDE OF THE YEAR’ AWARD WITH TOP MAGAZINE
A Donegal woman has been named Bride of the Year by top magazine RSVP.
Catherine McLaughlin, from Clonmany in Inishowen, has just picked up the prestigious award after beating hundreds of other brides to the title.
Catherine married Larry Doyle at St. Michael’s Church Urris, […]
- AN GRIANAN THEATRE TO HOST 1916 COMMEMORATIVE CONCERT
FEATURES: The Donegal 1916 Commemorative Committee, who include amongst its membership and patrons the author Helen Meehan, artist Kevin Sharkey and Mairead Ní Mhaonaigh from Altan has announced details of a celebration and remembrance concert to mark the beginning of their 2016 […]
- DONEGAL VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS CAPTURE ULSTER TITLE Donegal Vocational Schools shrugged off a quiet start to claim the Ulster Voctional Schools Title at Errigal Ciaran in Tyrone today.
Despite Cavan VS going ahead by 1-3 to no score after just five minutes, Donegal made a spirited comeback to eventually canter home by 3-8 to […]
- WOW! SNAPPER JOHN DOES IT AGAIN WITH GLORIOUS DONEGAL SUNSET
LAST week he was dazzling us all with his incredible pictures of dolphins dancing in the sea off Arranmore Island.
And last night Donegal photographer John Rafferty showed off another incredible picture.
After a day which saw four seasons all in one day, John captured this […]
- JUST GOT ENGAGED? WHY NOT CHECK OUT THE PERFECT WEDDING VENUE? Did you get engaged this Christmas?
Well, now you can celebrate your big day at the perfect venue - the multi award winning Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa.
The hotel has been voted:
Ireland's Top Rated Wedding Venue Of The Year
Top Rated Wedding Venue In Ulster
Top Rated 4 Star […]
- DONEGAL MAN JOE NAMED COMMUNITY CHAMPION 2012 Well known Donegal man Joe Boland is celebrating today after being named the Community Champion for 2012.
The Lifford photographer was the unanimous choice for the inaugural award by judges.
As part of his prize in being named the Calor Ireland Community Champion, Joe had donated […]
- BRAVE PAUL GETS DATE FOR OPERATION WHICH COULD HELP HIM WALK FOR FIRST TIME
The family of a young Donegal boy have a real Christmas to celebrate after being told he will have an operation which could help him walk for the first time.
Little Paul Doherty was born with spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy which left him in a wheelchair.
But his mother […]
- WOW! INCREDIBLE PIX OF NORTHERN LIGHTS OVER DONEGAL THESE are the incredible pictures taken tonight of the Northern Lights over Co Donegal.
They were taken by snapper Adam Porter, chairman of the Buncrana Camera Club, who spent the evening waiting for the Aurora show.
The pix were taken at Urris in Inishowen.
It follows reports […]
- RIVERDANCE FOUNDER MOYA DOHERTY NAMED DONEGAL PERSON OF THE YEAR Riverdance founder Moya Doherty has tonight been named the Donegal Person of the Year.
Ms Doherty, who is from Pettigo, received the award from the Donegal Association in Dublin tonight.
Ms Doherty, who was recently appointed the chair of the RTE board, was a very popular […]
- EVOLVE CELEBRATE THEIR 5TH BIRTHDAY BY GIVING CUSTOMERS 20% OFF EVERYTHING
You could say that since Evolve Menswear opened its door 5 years ago, they have made an impact on the dress sense of a lot of men in the county.
Donegal men are dressing better than ever before and that may well be due to the fact that you don’t need to travel to Belfast, Dublin, […]
- DDTV: WATCH YOUNG DONEGAL GIRL FULFIL ACTING DREAM IN AMAZING VIDEO
DDTV: A young Donegal woman has fulfilled her lifelong ambition by starring in the lead role in a short film made to celebrate her 21st birthday.
Claire Doherty 21, who has Down Syndrome has always dreamed of being an actress and hopes to one day make it big in Hollywood.
- RESCUE CREW TO RECEIVE TOP INTERNATIONAL AWARD FOR DARING DONEGAL MISSION
The rescue of an injured climber in Donegal will see an Irish Coast Guard search and rescue helicopter crew receive a prestigious international award this week for “exceptional performance.”
Four crew attached to Rescue 118, based in Sligo, are due to leave for Canada today to […]