A CO DONEGAL photographer is celebrating being named Irish Wedding Photographer of the Year.
Paul Doherty, 23, said he was still ‘on cloud nine’ after picking up the prestigious award.
And from some of his pictures here, you can see why!
“We were delighted to have been nominated never mind winning it,” said Paul, whose dad also Paul is also a top photographer.
“As the only photographer outside of the Dublin area that was nominated it makes it extra special for us to go on to win.
“I would just like to thank everyone who has voted for us over the past few weeks and special thank you to the Couples who nominated us for this award, without them none of this would have been possible.”
Paul, from Kilmacrennan, said it was definitely a team effort.
He told us: “It’s not just me who won this as my Dad, also Paul Doherty and a Photographer, deserves a lot of the credit along with everyone else who has helped us over the past year.”
The competition was run by www.realweddings.ie and it is an annual competition for Wedding Suppliers throughout Ireland. The suppliers are nominated by Couples who have recently got married and who ever receives the most nominations throughout the year go’s through to the voting stage, then it was up to the general public to vote for their favourite.
See more on www.pauldoherty.ie.
More from Donegal Daily
- WOW! NOW YOUNG DONEGAL PHOTOGRAPHER WINS WORLDWIDE AWARD THIS is the stunning picture which has landed a young Co Donegal photographer a global award.
Paul Doherty, 23, from Kilmacrennan was named Irish wedding photographer of the year just a few weeks ago.
Now the talented snapper has proved that he’s not just great at capturing […]
- DONEGAL MAN NAMED AMONG TOP TEN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS IN WORLD A young Co Donegal photographer has been named in the Top 10 Professional Wedding Photographers in the world.
Kilmacrennan-based Paul Doherty is just 23 years old but has already made a huge name for himself.
Last year he was named Irish Wedding Photographer of the Year.
And now […]
- EXCITEMENT BUILDING FOR DONEGAL ASSOCIATION’S GALA BALL Preparations are well under way in Dublin for the Annual Gala Ball when Deirdre McGlone from the famous Harvey’s Point in Lough Eske will be awarded the 2015 Donegal Person of the Year.
The event is taking place on the 5th of March in The Regency Hotel and a large crowd is expected to […]
- DONEGAL DOLL-MAKER TOPS UK TOY AWARDS A Donegal doll-maker has topped the poll in the Independent Toy Awards in the UK.
Arklu Dolls, who are based in the CoLab in Letterkenny, won the dolls section of the prestigious awards for their doll Lottie.
The company’s managing director Ian Harkin, from Ballybofey, said he […]
- LETTERKENNY BAND HEAD TO IRISH YOUTH MUSIC AWARDS
A local indie rock band 32/13 who are heading to Aviva Stadium next Saturday 16th to represent Donegal in Irish Youth Music Awards.
The members are all fifth year students in Letterkenny. Leah Foley (Loreto convent) Tom Doherty, Matthew Melia and Paul Mac Kinnion. (All attend St. […]
- STUNNING PICTURE OF FANAD HEAD WINS SNAPPER TOP UTV PRIZE
THIS absolutely stunning picture of Fanad Lighthouse has helped win a photographer a top prize.
Ronan Daly, from Derry, has been named UTV's Lesser Spotted Snapper of the Year.
His midnight image - taken in October - came out top of the pile.
The competition, which […]
- FORMER GARDA SERGEANT GRIPPED STEERING WHEEL AFTER SUSPECTED DRUNK-DRIVING INCIDENT A former Garda Sergeant gripped his steering wheel and refused to get out of his car when stopped for suspected drunk-driving.
A special sitting of Letterkenny District Court yesterday heard how it took three Gardai to get Jack Conaty out of his car.
The court heard how Conaty, a […]
- TRAGIC PHOTOGRAPHER JOHN HAD LOST HIS WIFE JUST MONTHS AGO
THE tragic amateur photographer who fell to his death from rocks at Fanad Lighthouse was 59-year-old John McCourt from Antrim town.
The award-winning snapper lost his footing whilst out doing what he loved most - taking pictures of the rugged Irish coastline.
John had lost his […]
- SEARCH ON FOR INISHOWEN’S BEST BUSINESS
Work is underway to find the peninsula’s most successful businesses for the Buncrana Chamber of Commerce Awards 2016.
The organising committee is putting the finishing touches to this year’s event and hopes to build on the tremendous success of the inaugural awards ceremony in […]
- SLIEVE LEAGUE CLIFFS VOTED MOST IMPRESSIVE VISITOR ATTRACTION
Donegal's Slieve League Cliffs was the most impressive visit for customers of CIE Tours International last year.
The company held its annual Awards of Excellence in Dublin earlier tonight.
Glenveagh National Park was also the recipient of a prestigious award.
Kee’s Hotel in […]
- NOTHING BETWEEN CHARLIE AND BEA – APART FROM 100 YEARS AND A DAY!
This is the moment when little Letterkenny lad Charlie McGarry meets his 100 year old great grandmother.
And all that separates Charlie and great grandma Bea McGarry from Longford, is 100 years and a day!
The amazing picture also features five month old Charlie’s proud dad […]
- SILVER TASSIE SCOOPS TOP RATED IRISH WEDDING VENUE AWARD
The Silver Tassie Hotel is celebrating after winning not one, not two, not three but four awards at a top wedding awards ceremony.
The hotel, which is nestled between Letterkenny and Ramelton, scooped the awards at the prestigious weddingdates.ie awards.
The hotel won the "top […]
- REVEALED: HOTEL MANAGER OFFERED TO PAY €900K FOR CUT-PRICE HOTEL A CO DONEGAL hotel manager who paid €650,000 for his famous premises this week had offered €900,000 for it just a few weeks beforehand, donegaldaily.com can reveal.
But Paul Diver, the proud new owner of the Sand House Hotel in Rossnowlagh, had his offer turned down!
That's because […]
- DONEGAL WOMAN WINS ‘BRIDE OF THE YEAR’ AWARD WITH TOP MAGAZINE
A Donegal woman has been named Bride of the Year by top magazine RSVP.
Catherine McLaughlin, from Clonmany in Inishowen, has just picked up the prestigious award after beating hundreds of other brides to the title.
Catherine married Larry Doyle at St. Michael’s Church Urris, […]
- THE CRUEL SIDE OF NATURE CAUGHT BRILLIANTLY BY DONEGAL PHOTOGRAPHER This is the amazing moment which captures nature in all its sometimes cruel glory.
Donegal photographer John Rafferty was preparing to go out when he heard a commotion outside his Burtonport home.
John has captured many amazing images over the years but this one just flew into his […]
- IT ALL ADDS UP! DONEGAL TEENS TO BE MATHS OLYMPIANS! MEET the brainy Donegal students who show that lots of (X) maths study all (+) adds up and you can't take that away (-) from them - for they're set to become (=) Maths Olympians!
The two students at the Abbey Vocational School in Donegal Town have been selected to train for the Irish […]
- DDTV: DONEGAL COUPLE’S INCREDIBLE WEDDING RECEPTION ENTRANCE
Grainne Doherty became Mrs Corry after marrying the love of her life Jamie at the weekend...
But their incredible entrance into their reception at the Silver Tassie Hotel has been the talk of the parish since.
Luckily wedding photographer Paul Doherty was on hand to catch it all […]
- WOW! INCREDIBLE PIX OF NORTHERN LIGHTS OVER DONEGAL THESE are the incredible pictures taken tonight of the Northern Lights over Co Donegal.
They were taken by snapper Adam Porter, chairman of the Buncrana Camera Club, who spent the evening waiting for the Aurora show.
The pix were taken at Urris in Inishowen.
It follows reports […]
- AN GRIANAN THEATRE TO HOST 1916 COMMEMORATIVE CONCERT
FEATURES: The Donegal 1916 Commemorative Committee, who include amongst its membership and patrons the author Helen Meehan, artist Kevin Sharkey and Mairead Ní Mhaonaigh from Altan has announced details of a celebration and remembrance concert to mark the beginning of their 2016 […]
- RIVERDANCE FOUNDER MOYA DOHERTY NAMED DONEGAL PERSON OF THE YEAR Riverdance founder Moya Doherty has tonight been named the Donegal Person of the Year.
Ms Doherty, who is from Pettigo, received the award from the Donegal Association in Dublin tonight.
Ms Doherty, who was recently appointed the chair of the RTE board, was a very popular […]