Well its here! Relay for Life Donegal hits Letterkenny’s IT this weekend and we are hoping that the months of planning and organising will all come together to make this the biggest event in Donegal in 2012. Our message is to come and enjoy Relay for Life Donegal and, at the same time, support cancer survivors, carers and the 71 teams actually doing the 24 hour relay.
Highlights of the weekend include the launching of Daniel O’Donnell’s new CD – I’ll See this Journey Through, the Opening Ceremony, the Survivors Lap and the Candle of Hope Ceremony. There will be live music and entertainment, access to cancer related information and lots of things to see and enjoy.
The Candle of Hope Ceremony, narrated by Shaun Doherty, will be emotional and the actual lighting of thousands of candles in memory friends and family or for survivors will be a spectacular sight.
Don’t forget the relayers who will, between them, be walking for 24 hours. This is no mean feat and they will need your support and encouragement to keep them going.
After a long night Sunday brings Gospel Hour from 10am to 11am and then an Ecumenical Service from 11am until noon.
Programme of Events – correct at time of going to press.
SAT 26TH MAY AT LYIT
- APPROX 3.30PM RELEASE OF DANIEL O’DONNELL’S CD
I’LL SEE THIS JOURNEY THROUGH.
- 3.30 – 5.30PM SURVIVOR AND CARER REGISTRATION
- 5.30PM WELCOMING AND OPENING CEREMONY
- 6PM SURVIVORS LAP, FOLLOWED BY CARERS LAP AND TEAM PARADE
- 7 – 10 PM LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
- 10 – 11PM LUMINARIA CEREMONY
- 11 – 12 PM LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
SUN 27TH MAY AT LYIT
- 12MIDNIGHT – 7PM NIGHT TIME FUN
- 7AM – 10 AM MORNING EXERCISE AND LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
- 10AM –11AM GOSPEL HOUR BROADCAST LIVE ON HIGHLAND
- 11AM – 12NOON ECUMENICAL SERVICE BROADCAST LIVE HIGHLAND
- 12 –5.30PM LIVE ENTERTAINMENT ON THE STAGE
- 1PM HEALTH FAIR OPENS
- 5.30 – 6PM FINALE AND CLOSING CEREMONY
Throughout the 24 hours there will be lots of do and see and we invite you all to come to Celebrate, Remember and Fight Back.
Daniel O’Donnell’s CD can be purchased at Relay for Life Donegal and through firstname.lastname@example.org . Candles of Hope will be available at the event prior to Ceremony and at old Dunnes Stores on Friday 25th from 9.30am until 5.30pm approx.
If you are coming to Relay for Life Donegal, please WEAR FLAT SHOES.
Our main pic: Chain for Life event held between Falcarragh and Gortahork last month in aid of Relay for Life Donegal.