DDTV: YOU’VE read our great story about a pod of whales in Lough Swilly.
You’ve seen the incredible pictures.
Now sit back – and watch the superb video.
Pod of killer whales were filmed as they travel from Dunaff Head, Inishowen towards Fanad lighthouse. Four whales filmed close together while another two were also visible in the distance. Filmed by Kevin Doherty using a GoPro hero 2 on the afternoon of 6th June 2012.
With thanks to VisitInishowen
More from Donegal Daily
- DDTV: INCREDIBLE VIDEO FOOTAGE OF ICE-CLIMBING ON MUCKISH BY IAIN MILLER: After 5 consecutive days and nights of sub zero temperatures in Co Donegal, the large snow dump of the previous week was showing signs of good consolidation and the high reaches of the counties north faces were showing good signs of the promise of […]
- KILLER WHALES PUT ON A SHOW OFF COUNTY DONEGAL COAST KILLER whales have made an appearance off the County Donegal coast. They were pictured off Glencolmcille by anglers yesterday. "We spotted two orcas whilst out sea angling yesterday," said John Cunningham, who was with his brother Pat at the time. "At first at a […]
- DDTV: INCREDIBLE VIDEO FOOTAGE OF DONEGAL BAY DOLPHINS YOU'VE read the stories on the huge pod of dolphins in Donegal Bay. Now watch the video of them, taken from the Donegal Waterbus. Dr Simon Berrow of the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group said people shouldn’t get too close to the “big and robust” animals. He said the dolphins […]
- DDTV VIDEO: WATCH DONEGAL TEAM ON THE LATE LATE SHOW AGAIN HERE MISSED the Late Late Show because you were still partying? Not to worry - you can watch the Donegal team's appearance on the Late Late Show here. Just click to play.
- ANGER AND FRUSTRATION AS REMAINING WHALES LEFT TO DIE ON BEACH Locals reacted angrily yesterday after five Pilot Whales, which were part of a larger pod, were allowed to die over several hours on a scenic beach in Falcarragh. The whales were part of the pod of 13 whales which beached at Ballyness Beach in the early hours of Monday […]
- FAMILY OF RARE KILLER WHALES SPOTTED OFF COAST OF DONEGAL A family of rare Killer Whales has been spotted off the coast of Co Donegal. The incredible creatures were spotted by fishermen in recent days and finally captured on camera. Marine biologists estimate that there are up to nine Orcas and all belong to the same family or […]
- DDTV: WATCH THIS BRILLIANT GOPRO VIDEO OF A SURFER CATCHING WAVES IN DONEGAL DDTV: Simply click play on the video above to watch this GoPro footage of a surfer enjoying the waves in Bundoran. The surfer attached a GoPro camera to the front of his surfboard and showed us what he can do. The two minute video clip shows the surfer riding the waves with […]
- DONEGAL CLIMB NAMED IN TOP THREE IN WORLD A Donegal climb has been named in the top three in the world by a world-renowned adventure sports channel. EpicTV is watched around the world by millions of climbers and adventure sports enthusiasts. Now a climb by well-known West Donegal adventurer Iain Miller has made it into […]
- THE MAGIC OF FANAD LIGHTHOUSE COMES ALIVE Last Wednesday was one of those historic days in the life of the Fanad Peninsula when the Commissioners of Irish Lights handed control of their lighthouse station to a local community group, Forbairt Fhánada Teoranta. This is the Fanad community company established to run the […]
- DDTV: RSA LAUNCHES ‘SAFE HOME’ VIDEO CAMPAIGN As the schools around the country prepare to close for the Easter holidays the Road Safety Authority has launched a series of videos focusing on child safety on or near driveways and in housing estates. With brighter evenings and better weather also on the horizon the purpose of the […]
- DDTV: DONEGAL REVISITED – FILLING THE FOUR PENNY SEATS! This short film was made in 1985 in Dunfanaghy by RTE 1. Cannon Thomas Doherty, who lived in the Dunfanaghy Parish at the time, had recorded many pieces of history in Donegal and all over Ireland. RTE 1 asked Cannon Doherty if they could come up to donegal and put together all […]
- ‘DONEGAL IS HAPPY’ VIDEO MOVES SINGER TO TEARS ON OPRAH SHOW A short video of people just being happy in Co Donegal made singing sensation Pharrell Williams break down in tears on Oprah Winfrey’s television show Oprah Prime. The show, which is watched by more than 7 million viewers daily, featured 15 countries from around the world getting […]
- DDTV: TRAGIC FINAL MOMENTS OF PILOT WHALES CAPTURED ON VIDEO This video above captures the distressful final moments of a group of tragic Pilot Whales that became beached on Ballyness Bay, Falcarragh earlier this morning. So far five whales have sadly perished on the beach at Ballyness Bay while eight others battle for life. The other […]
- DDTV: WATCH RESCUERS ATTEMPT TO RETURN BEACHED WHALES BACK OUT TO SEA Click on the video above, to witness the desperate attempt by rescuers, to save the lives of a group of stricken Pilot Whales that become stranded on Ballyness Beach in Falcarragh yesterday morning. The whole community sustained a prolonged and collective effort all day to help […]
- HONKY TONK HEROES AT THE BREWERY TONIGHT PATRONS of The Brewery Bar in Letterkenny are in for a musical treat tonight. The full five-piece band Honky Tonk Heroes hit the stage at The Brewery at 10pm for this special Bank Holiday Monday show. This is a gig not to be missed. And for football fans there's Chelsea v Spurs […]
- DONEGAL PHOTOGRAPHER LANDS TOP JOB ON RTE COMEDY SHOW Well-known Donegal photographer Paul Doherty is well used to being in the frame. But the popular lensman has found himself in even more demand after landing a role in a hotly-tipped RTE comedy series. Paul is now the official photographer on RTE's Callan's Kicks. The new […]
- HEARTACHE AS LULU THE ORCA FOUND DEAD ON BEACH A KILLER WHALE which is part of rare pod with just nine members has died, after being choked to death by a fishing rope. Lulu was part of a group which paid regular visits to the Donegal coast, most memorably in 2012 off Inishowen. At the time local wildlife ranger Emmett […]
- MARINE SPECIALIST SAYS WE MUST LEARN LESSONS FROM DONEGAL WHALE STRANDINGS A leading marine specialist has warned that lessons must be learned from the stranding of a pod of whales on a Co Donegal beach last week. Dr. Mick O’Connell commended the bravery of all those who tried to rescue the whales when they beached at Ballyness Beach on Monday morning […]
- MAN RESCUES TWO WHALES WHICH WERE LEFT TO DIE ON DONEGAL BEACH A fed-up whale watcher has miraculously rescued two pilot whales which had been left to die on a Falcarragh beach. The two Pilot Whales were part of the pod of 13 whales which had beached at Ballyness Bay. The whales had been rescued twice after first being spotted on Monday […]
- WHALE WATCHERS ON HIGH ALERT THAT DISTRESSED WHALES COULD BEACH OFF DONEGAL COAST Marine experts are on high alert amid fears of a mass whale beaching along the Donegal coast. A pod of about 60 distressed pilot whales left the Outer Hebrides in Scotland on Sunday and are believed to be heading towards Irish waters. A rescue operation was mounted on South Uist […]