DDTV: YOU’VE read our great story about a pod of whales in Lough Swilly.
You’ve seen the incredible pictures.
Now sit back – and watch the superb video.
Pod of killer whales were filmed as they travel from Dunaff Head, Inishowen towards Fanad lighthouse. Four whales filmed close together while another two were also visible in the distance. Filmed by Kevin Doherty using a GoPro hero 2 on the afternoon of 6th June 2012.
With thanks to VisitInishowen
More from Donegal Daily
- DDTV VIDEO: WATCH DONEGAL TEAM ON THE LATE LATE SHOW AGAIN HERE MISSED the Late Late Show because you were still partying? Not to worry - you can watch the Donegal team's appearance on the Late Late Show here. Just click to play.
- ANGER AND FRUSTRATION AS REMAINING WHALES LEFT TO DIE ON BEACH Locals reacted angrily yesterday after five Pilot Whales, which were part of a larger pod, were allowed to die over several hours on a scenic beach in Falcarragh. The whales were part of the pod of 13 whales which beached at Ballyness Beach in the early hours of Monday […]
- DONEGAL CLIMB NAMED IN TOP THREE IN WORLD A Donegal climb has been named in the top three in the world by a world-renowned adventure sports channel. EpicTV is watched around the world by millions of climbers and adventure sports enthusiasts. Now a climb by well-known West Donegal adventurer Iain Miller has made it into […]
- ‘DONEGAL IS HAPPY’ VIDEO MOVES SINGER TO TEARS ON OPRAH SHOW A short video of people just being happy in Co Donegal made singing sensation Pharrell Williams break down in tears on Oprah Winfrey’s television show Oprah Prime. The show, which is watched by more than 7 million viewers daily, featured 15 countries from around the world getting […]
- DDTV VIDEO: MORE THAN 50 DOLPHINS PUT ON SPECTACULAR DONEGAL DISPLAY DDTV VIDEO: CONSERVATIONISTS on the look-out for basking sharks were instead confronted by a spectacular display - from more than 50 dolphins. The dolphins danced and sped through the waters of Lough Swilly before hanging a right and swimming towards Malin […]
- MAN RESCUES TWO WHALES WHICH WERE LEFT TO DIE ON DONEGAL BEACH A fed-up whale watcher has miraculously rescued two pilot whales which had been left to die on a Falcarragh beach. The two Pilot Whales were part of the pod of 13 whales which had beached at Ballyness Bay. The whales had been rescued twice after first being spotted on Monday […]
- HEARTACHE AS LULU THE ORCA FOUND DEAD ON BEACH A KILLER WHALE which is part of rare pod with just nine members has died, after being choked to death by a fishing rope. Lulu was part of a group which paid regular visits to the Donegal coast, most memorably in 2012 off Inishowen. At the time local wildlife ranger Emmett […]
- NEW FILM TO TELL FASCINATING STORY OF DONEGAL’S MILLENNIUM CROSS A new film telling the story of how the Millennium cross was erected on the summit of Muckish Mountain is set to be screened for the first time this weekend. Titled “High Cross”, it tells the history of the two crosses and how they were placed on the summit of the mountain. The […]
- DDTV: WATCH PHOTOGRAPHER’S STUNNING TIME-LAPSE OF LUNAR ECLIPSE Noel Keating spent a lot of time and effort catching the recent Lunar Eclipse in the skies above Donegal. His stunning short film which was captured using time-lapse photography on Rossnowlagh beach is well worth two minutes of your time. Simply click on the video to play.
- MYSTERY AS YOUNG ‘KILLER WHALE’ FOUND DUMPED ON DONEGAL HILLSIDE Exclusive: Mystery surrounds the discovery of what appears to be a baby killer whale almost 3kms inland off the Donegal coastline. The dead creature was discovered at Meenbanad near Burtonport. The animal has the distinctive black and white markings of the whale but others […]
- DDTV: WATCH AS STORM HENRY HITS ARRANMORE ISLAND DDTV: Above is a video of Storm Henry hitting Arranmore Island 'EARLYIER' this afternoon - that was sent into us by well-known publican, musician and football manager Jerry Early. Jerry Early went to the lighthouse on Arranmore Island to check out what Storm Henry had to […]
- WOW! DOLPHINS MAKE LOUGH SWILLY FERRY CROSSING EVEN MORE SPECTACULAR THIS is the incredible sight which has been greeting passengers aboard the Lough Swilly ferry in recent days - a pod of dolphins racing alongside on the crossing from Buncrana to Rathmullan. And they might just hang around for the rest of the summer. This picture was taken by staff […]
- DDTV: VIDEO SPECIAL OF STRICKEN WHALES STRANDED ON DONEGAL BEACH Five whales have now tragically perished after becoming beached on Ballyness Bay, Falcarragh. Thirteen Pilot Whales were found stranded on the beach early this morning by a jogger who immediately raised the alarm. While five have sadly died, a mammoth rescue effort […]
- DDTV: WATCH YOUNG DONEGAL GIRL FULFIL ACTING DREAM IN AMAZING VIDEO DDTV: A young Donegal woman has fulfilled her lifelong ambition by starring in the lead role in a short film made to celebrate her 21st birthday. Claire Doherty 21, who has Down Syndrome has always dreamed of being an actress and hopes to one day make it big in Hollywood. If […]
- DDTV: MORE INTERVIEWS WITH DONEGAL’S GAA HEROES WATCH more interviews with Donegal's GAA heroes after winning the Ulster Senior Football Championship on Sunday. Click the video to watch.
- AN GRIANAN THEATRE TO HOST 1916 COMMEMORATIVE CONCERT FEATURES: The Donegal 1916 Commemorative Committee, who include amongst its membership and patrons the author Helen Meehan, artist Kevin Sharkey and Mairead Ní Mhaonaigh from Altan has announced details of a celebration and remembrance concert to mark the beginning of their 2016 […]
- HUGE NUMBER OF EVENTS TO TAKE PLACE DURING DONEGAL HERITAGE WEEK National Heritage Week takes place Saturday, August 22 to Sunday, August 30, 2015 with Donegal hosting a huge number of events. The aims of Heritage Week are to raise awareness of our heritage and to encourage its preservation, conservation and promotion. County Donegal is the […]
- WIN TICKETS TO SEE THE MOVIE ‘BLACKFISH’ AS CENTURY CINEMAS LAUNCH ‘FILM CLUB’ Century Cinemas now has it all with the launch of their new Film Club and you can win tickets to see the film 'Blackfish' this Thursday the 7th of November. This is the perfect opportunity to see alternative movies that don't normally grace the big screen. Largely independent and […]
- DDTV: INCREDIBLE VOICE OF DONEGAL TEENAGER WE all know lots of people in Donegal who can sing - but is there anyone quite like Farah Tianihad? The 4th year student at the PCC in Falcarragh is causing something of a stir on YouTube. From Cloch Cheann Fhaola, she is one of a number of people competing for a […]
- LIFEBOAT CREW STUNNED AS POD OF 50 DOLPHINS ARRIVE IN LOUGH SWILLY AN RNLI crew on exercises with their new lifeboat were left stunned today - when up to 50 dolphins came alongside. The crew were out in their new Shannon Class lifeboat when the pod turned up. "We were out training this morning in the Dunree are and we came across a pod of around […]