CULLEN'S BAR CHICAGO DURING THE GAME: From back left to right ,Daniel hands, James cuffe,Mickey Bradley, peter Richard, Shannon Doherty, Denver Doherty Neil Jackson Mickey McLaughlin Neil jock, Liam Doherty Paul Doherty Simon Bradley patsy Doyle Gavin Bradley Neil Nellie philip Davy Front Annmarie Doyle,Dylan hands , Brandon hands, emmet Ronan and conal Doyle, Philip McLaughlin,Joey Doherty, Leah McLaughlin, Clara Doherty, Kaylen Doyle
EVER want to know where the good people of Donegal end up around the globe?
Look no further.
Thanks to everyone who sent in pictures from all over Ireland and all over the world. Here’s a few more for you to enjoy.
As Jim McGuinness said: “We know there are a lot of people away and if we can do something to make them walk a bit taller and feel a but happier, then that makes us feel better too.”
CHICAGO CHEERS! There were enough Donegal people in Cullens for a team and ten subs!
Celebrating in Chicago: Buncrana man Neil McLaughlin and son Philip
The Doyle family cheered on Donegal in Chicago
Throw-in for these Donegal fans in Chicago was at 10.30am!
Bound for Boston! There was a great line-up of fans at Donegal Boston GFC
Little Ryan above couldn't lose on Sunday - mum's from Donegal, dad's from Cork!
The sun was out in Boston for these fans as they arrived at the Donegal Boston GFC to watch the game
FROM PHILADELPHIA! Donegal fans outside Paddy Rooney pub Havertown Pa, we have fans from letterkenny, Donegal Town, Adrara, Glenties, Raphoe, letterbarrow, Inver and Meenacally and more, it was a great celebration. And the McGarvey family will be home for the All Ireland, Can't wait. Congratulations Donegal..
Here is Kaelan McGarvey from Upper Darby Pa who is so excited to be going back to New Mills letterkenny on September 19th for a family wedding on the 28th, and now he is adding another event to his calendar He says he is going to see the All Ireland final in Dulbin too! Let's hope there's plenty of tickets. We can't wait to come home now. Congratulations Donegal, so proud to be from there.
Finn Shields, Rosapenna, Downings getting ready for the final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugh & Maria Cronin McMonagle, with nephew Sean McMonagle and nieces Nicole and Mecheala Cronin share family rivalry at Croker....no hard feelings here!
Seamus Coleman very politely and willingly stops to make Sean Thomas McMonagle, Mecheala and Nicole Cronin's day! On road back to Cork, Mecheala informed us she has switched to supporting Everton!
Patrick McCormack, 6 years old from Churchill, couldn't believe his luck when a match official invited him down to the pitch minutes before the start of the game on Sunday!
More from Donegal Daily
- IT’S FLIPPIN’ PANCAKE TIME – WITH CHEF MARTIN ANDERSON!
I know I'm ahead of myself but next Tuesday is a very special day as you all know ......it's pancake Tuesday .
Love them or hate them it's a national tradition to serve pancakes before lent starts.
Folk would sacrifice eggs and sugar over the Lenten period and this was their […]
- DELIGHT FOR FOUR MASTERS U12 STAR LEE MURCHAN AS HE REPRESENTS CLUB AT CROKE PARK Four Masters GAA News:
Club Lotto Result
The draw for the latest club lotto took place on Monday night in the Abbey Hotel. There was no jackpot winner of the €2,000 jackpot with the number drawn: 4, 17, 20 and 23. Four consolation prize winners of €25 drawn were Lorcan McGinley […]
- LET THE OLYMPIC GAMES BEGIN: PATSY McGONAGLE FOLLOWS IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF HIS FATHER For Patsy McGonagle, the Finn Valley AC Manager of Ireland's Olympic athletics team it's either the beginning of the journey within the next few hours as he boards a plane for Heathrow or possibly it's the end of a journey that began with the World Championships in Seville in […]
- ST EUNAN’S COLLEGE CROWNED MacLARNON CUP CHAMPS AFTER DERBY WIN OVER INIS EOGHAIN ST EUNAN'S College lifted the MacLarnon Cup in an historic St Patrick's Day derby final against Coláistí Inis Eoghain in Armagh today.
The excellent Niall O'Donnell won a crucial penalty in the dying embers of the game before adding a point himself to see the Letterkenny college […]
- IRELAND’S NEW GOLF SENSATION HAS A DONEGAL CADDY!
GOLF: Ireland's newest golf sensation Paul Dunne has already made an impact on the European tour since turning pro - and he is being guided by a Donegal man!
Dunne hit the headline again last week, when he led the Alfred Dunhill Links after two rounds which also seen him hit a […]
- THE EASTER RISING – THE DONEGAL CONNECTION! The Easter Rising began at 12 noon on Monday 24 April 1916 when Padraig Pearse read the Proclamation in front of the G.P.O. in Dublin. That morning the Irish Volunteers, led by Padraig Pearse, members of the Citizen Army led by James Connolly and Cumann na mBan, took over a number of […]
- REVEALED: MARTIN O’NEILL’S PROUD DONEGAL COUSINS – PEARSE DOHERTY AND AIDAN McGEADY! New Ireland manager Martin O'Neil has close connections to Donegal - his late Grandmother Bridget Doherty originally hails from Lunniagh, Gaoth Dobhair - and his cousins include TD Pearse Doherty and soccer star Aidan McGeady!
Auctioneer Eamonn McBride found out he was a relation of […]
- EMMET RUSHE: RETURNING TO EXERCISE AFTER GIVING BIRTH BY EMMET RUSHE: Continuing on with last week’s theme of pregnancy and having a new baby, this week we will look at returning to exercise after giving birth.
Many “new mammies” want to know when it is safe to begin training again.
Every woman is different, but here are some […]
- GARDENING WITH GARETH – GROWING GARLIC IS AS EASY AS!
What a smashing week of weather!
Indeed the last few weeks of weather has been smashing, with many spring flowering plants even coming back into flower. A Bramley apple in my back garden is throwing out the odd flower and I’m sure with this good weather Seamus will be busy with […]
- MICK COLEMAN’S ROAD TO ESTONIA – PART 3 The road to Estonia part 3 - BY MICK COLEMAN
Training has taken a back seat for these last couple of weeks as I was busy at work organizing ALL IRELANDS STRONGEST MAN so all I could really do was to do big lifts every couple of days just to keep me ticking over but all that is all […]
- DONEGAL’S GERALDINE McLAUGHLIN CALLED INTO IRELAND’S SOCCER SQUAD DONEGAL footballer Geraldine McLaughlin has been called into the Ireland soccer team to face Austria at Tallaght Stadium on Tuesday next because of injury to Aine O'Gorman.
The 24-year-old Peamount United attacker has a stress fracture on her ankle and manager Sue Ronan has called up […]
- GOLF NEWS: PAUL DOHERTY IN FINE FORM AT BARNHILL Letterkenny Golf Notes
With the Cat 4. "Player of the Year" award as wide open as ever, competition is beginning to hot up and none burning the course more than Victor Byrne  returning a massive 25pts over 11 holes.
In runner-up spot was this year's "wild card" Liam Rogers  […]
- DELIGHT FOR SCOIL MHUIRE BUNCRANA AS THEY WIN ALL-IRELAND FUTSAL TITLE
SOCCER: The outstanding Scoil Mhuire Buncrana First Year Girls team have incredibly won the All Ireland Futsal Final!
Scoil Mhuire won the All Iteland today in the basketball arena Tallaght in an exciting day of sport.
They played the other THREE provincial winners twice in the […]
- NEW COLUMN: STOP KILLING YOUR KIDS WITH KINDNESS NEIL BARRETT is one of Donegal's best known fitness trainers, nutritionists and sports scientists.
In a new series of articles for Donegal Daily, he will be writing about - and helping to tackle - an issue many people chose to ignore...obesity, and in particular childhood and teenage […]
- GAA NOTES: GLENSWILLY The lotto numbers for this week were 3,8,15,17 match 3 winner was Liam mc Cormack. Next weeks jackpot is €2,660.
Sellers this weekend are colm farrell and Daniel Gallagher.
The Glen will be hosting a ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ in the winter. Training will commence early September. We […]
- GAA NEWS: URRIS RECORD EXCELLENT VICTORY OVER AODH RUADH Urris GAA News:
SENIOR & RESERVES: Both teams played their first home games in Division 3 on Easter Saturday and both teams recorded good victories over Aodh Ruadh from Ballyshannon.
Reserve match Urris 4-12 Aodh Ruadh 0-14. Seniors Urris 1-08, Aodh Ruadh 0-09.
The senior […]
- GAA NEWS: BUNCRANA CLUB NOTES Congratulations to Ryan Bradley and the Donegal Senior Football Team on their comprehensive defeat of Derry on Saturday! Congratulations also to club president Denis Bonner on his ninetieth birthday last week. Well done to clubmen Adam Duffy, Philip Harkin and Michael Gallagher who were […]
- RESULTS: SO WHERE DID YOU COME IN THE BALLYLIFFIN COASTAL CHALLENGE? IT was cold, but it was stunningly beautiful as competitors came from near and far for the Ballyliffin Coastal Challenge - and often-gruelling 10-mile Easter Saturday race around some of Ireland's most stunning scenery.
If you took part, you can see where you came below:
Place Race […]
- CHEEP, CHEEP! PEOPLE FLOCKING TO DONEGAL’S FIRST CHICKEN-COOP COURSE!
People are flocking to Ireland’s first chicken-coop making class.
The class at the Downstrand Family Resource Centre in Portnoo is already sold out.
And there is already a list of people ready to wing it to the next course.
Co-ordinator Kate Morgan said the demand among […]
- JUST CHAMPION! EIGHT DONEGAL PLAYERS GIVEN ALL-STARS All-Ireland champions Donegal lead the field with eight players on the GAA GPA Football All-Star team for 2012.
The county’s outstanding campaign sees them represented in every line of the field, from back to front.
Beaten All-Ireland finalists Mayo occupy four places and there are […]