A spokesman for the Garda press office confirmed that three hubcaps were taken off the car but later found nearby and replaced.
The incident happened on August 18th.
The island does not have a full-time Garda presence but does receive patrols, especially over the summer months, by Gardai from the mainland.
More from Donegal Daily
- MEN ARRESTED AFTER GARDAI PURSUE VAN NEAR BORDER Gardai are remaining tight-lipped about an incident in Bridgend today in which three men were arrested. It follows an incident in which a white van was pursued by a number of Garda cars towards the border. It is understood up to six Garda cars, including two unmarked patrol cars, […]
- MAN OFFERED FREE ‘HOLIDAY’ BY JUDGE IF HE RETURNS TO DONEGAL! An Englishman who failed to appear in court after damaging a Garda patrol will be given “a free holiday” if he returns to Donegal. Shane Summerhayes of 25 Gilbey’s Yard, Camden in London had appeared at Letterkenny District Court charged with causing €400 of damage to the car at […]
- GARDA ARRESTED AFTER THREE CAR SMASH IS FROM CO DONEGAL The off-duty Garda arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a three car smash in Co Monaghan is from Co Donegal. The 28 year old officer's civilian car rear-ended a Garda patrol which was stopped on the N2 near Moyles at 11.30pm on Saturday night. The Garda car had stopped to […]
- WOMAN HAD TO DRIVE GARDA TO HER BURGLED HOME BECAUSE NO PATROL CAR AVAILABLE A Donegal woman whose house was burgled had to drive a Garda to her home because he didn’t have access to a patrol car. The woman arrived to find her home in Manorcunningham wrecked after it had been entered by burglars. The woman contacted her husband who told her to contact the […]
- STORM DESMOND RED ALERT: ALL FERRY SERVICES TO ARRANMORE ISLAND CANCELLED AS MONSTER STORM MOVES IN STORM DESMOND WEATHER ALERT: All Ferry services to Arranmore Island have been postponed - as the adverse weather continues to deteriorate. The TWO car passenger ferries were forced to suspend ALL services due to the severe gales lashing the Donegal coast. Management deemed the […]
- DONEGAL SALMON FISHERMEN MAY BE THROWN A LIFELINE A report on the survival of Donegal's offshore islands has called for the ban on salmon fishing to be reconsidered. It claims scientists agree there is now a surplus of wild salmon in the Atlantic and says that island fishermen should have access to 10% of that surplus. It is also […]
- TEENS HOSPITALISED AFTER FREAK ACCIDENT ON ARRANMORE ISLAND BREAKING NEWS: Two teenagers have been hospitalised after falling out of a tree after a freak accident on Arranmore Island. The two boys, aged 15 and 16, were rushed to Letterkenny General Hospital last night. One of the boys suffered a back injury and the other boy suffered a […]
- JERRY EARLY- “HSE DECISION A VICTORY FOR COMMON SENSE” Jerry Early chairman of the Arranmore Island Action Group has stated that the decision by the HSE to reverse their decision on the removal of the Public Health Nurse from the island as a 'victory for common sense'. In a statement issued to Donegal Daily Jerry Early said, "The […]
- EMERGENCY SERVICES AT SCENE OF SERIOUS ACCIDENT UPDATED: A young boy is being treated at Letterkenny General Hospital following this afternoon's incident close to the Aura Leisure Centre. The boy was injured when he was struck by a car as he crossed the road. It is understood the boy has suffered at least one fracture. Gardai […]
- COMMUNITY SERVICE FOR MAN WHO HEAD-BUTTED GARDA AND TRIED TO BITE HIM A MAN WHO tried to bite a Garda and then head-butted him has been given a community service order at Letterkenny District Court. Stephen Harper, from 12 Ardmhuillean in Convoy, appeared in court on a number of charges in relation to incidents in February, April and May last […]
- GARDAÍ INVESTIGATIATION AFTER WOMAN (70) KNOCKED DOWN AND KILLED IN DONEGAL SMASH Gardaí are investigating a fatal road traffic collision at Churchtown, Carndonagh, Co. Donegal last night. Shortly before 6pm local woman Maura Porter (70) was struck by a car whilst out walking just 150 metres from her home. Ms Porter received serious head injuries and was taken […]
- TOMMY TIERNAN TO PLAY TORY AND ARRANMORE (THAT’S NO JOKE!) Tommy Tiernan is to play Tory and Arranmore Island. Nope – that’s not Tommy’s latest gag. The hilarious and risqué comedian is to play the two Donegal islands as part of his World Tour of the Islands. As Tommy says himself, he’ll be up and down the West coast of Ireland like […]
- DDTV: WATCH AS STORM HENRY HITS ARRANMORE ISLAND DDTV: Above is a video of Storm Henry hitting Arranmore Island 'EARLYIER' this afternoon - that was sent into us by well-known publican, musician and football manager Jerry Early. Jerry Early went to the lighthouse on Arranmore Island to check out what Storm Henry had to […]
- GATHERING OF THE ISLANDS SET TO TAKE PLACE THIS WEEKEND A gathering of the Islands along the west coast of Donegal is set to take place this weekend in what promises to be a wonderful weekend's entertainment for all those planning to be involved in the celebration of Island life. The tour of the Islands kicks off at 10am from Burtonport […]
- COASTGUARD MAN HELPS DELIVER BABY IN HOSPITAL CORRIDOR A helicopter crewman helped deliver a baby inside the hallway of Letterkenny General Hospital. The crew of the Irish Coastguard 118 helicopter responded to the call of a woman in labour on Arranmore Island last night. But the woman's baby wasn't waiting around! The helicopter […]
- HUGE SUPPORT TO SAVE ARRANMORE ISLAND PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE Arranmore Island seen a massive turnout at a public meeting on Saturday evening which was held as part of the campaign to save the islands public health nurse service. The meeting which was called as a result of representations from the community to the island's development […]
- DONEGAL TUNNEL TYCOON: “IT’S NOT ABOUT THE MACHINES, IT’S ABOUT THE TUNNELLERS’ A Donegal Tunnel tycoon has said despite the evolving changes regarding machinery in the tunnelling industry - the fundamentals remain the same, and that's to hire the best tunnellers to get the job done. Joseph Gallagher, 70, from Arranmore Island started his own business the […]
- ENTREPRENEUR REVEALS PLANS TO BRING SLICE OF SILICON VALLEY TO DONEGAL ISLAND A DOT com entrepreneur wants to turn a Donegal island into a miniature Silicon Valley and have his business headquarters there. London-based businessman Neil Gallagher has his sights set on Arranmore Island for his company HQ. But the trouble is there’s no proper broadband […]
- ARRANMORE ISLANDERS TO HOLD MEETING AGAINST NEW CHARGES Islanders on Arranmore have become the latest community to voice their anger at proposed tax hikes including water and septic tank charges. Following on from numerous other public meetings which have been held across County Donegal in opposition to the governments household, septic […]
- TENSIONS HIGH AS KILLER RETURNS TO ARRANMORE ISLAND AGAIN A man found guilty of the manslaughter of another man on Arranmore Island is back living within just a few hundred yards of his victim's family. Stephen Boyle, 44, left the island in April last year after being released from prison just a few days earlier. He had been jailed […]