The players are Paul Durcan, Neil Magee, Frank McGlynn, Karl Lacey, Mark McHugh, Neil Gallagher, Colm McFadden and Michael Murphy.
Michael Murphy was named as today’s Man of the Match.
The Sunday Game’s over Player of the Year Award was given to Karl Lacey.
More from Donegal Daily
- JOE BROLLY: SUNDAY GAME ANALYSTS ARE LIKE SHEEP FOR SNUBBING MICHAEL MURPHY DERRY All-Ireland winner and GAA pundit Joe Brolly has slammed his fellow Sunday Game panellists, saying they haven't a clue when it comes to picking the best players of the year. Brolly says the pundits fail to consider the treble-marking dished out to players like Michael Murphy and […]
- FIVE DONEGAL PLAYERS NAMED ON ‘SUNDAY GAME’ TEAM OF THE YEAR FIVE DONEGAL players have been named on The Sunday Game 'Team of the Year'. Five others from Kerry, three from Mayo and two from Dublin made up the rest of the line-up Paul Durcan was named as goalkeeper, with centre back going to Neil McGee. The brilliant Neil Gallagher was […]
- SPILLANE BLAMES MCGUINNESS FOR DONEGAL NOT WINNING ALL-IRELAND RTE commentator Pat Spillane has admitted Donegal could have won this year’s All Ireland title – and blames Jim McGuinness for not doing so! The former Kerry great said McGuinness did not use the likes of Michael Murphy and Colm McFadden to the best of their ability. The […]
- MURPHY – “LACEY WAS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL” Michael Murphy has lauded Karl Lacey for his sensational performance for Donegal in their Ulster SFC quarter-final win over local rivals Derry. The Donegal captain described Lacey's performance as 'phenomenal' and believes he has overcome the injuries that dogged his 2013 […]
- DDTV – WHICH DONEGAL STAR DROPPED THE BALL ON TV ADVERT? It's the advert for Ireland Airport West at Knock that has caught the attention of GAA fans across the country. It shows Donegal stars Michael Murphy, Karl Lacey and other well-known football stars raving about how good the airport is - while showing off their skills. But what […]
- DONEGAL LEGEND SHOCKS FANS AFTER TIPPING DUBLIN TO MARCH ON TO FINAL All-Ireland winner Martin McHugh has shocked thousands of Donegal GAA fans by tipping Dublin to beat Donegal at Croke Park next Sunday. The well-known pundit was asked to give a one-word answer on who would march on and meet Kerry in the All-Ireland Final during last night's Sunday […]
- CROWDS COME OUT AS SAM MAGUIRE BEGINS TO ‘EVOLVE’! There is standing room only at the Evolve Menswear shop in Letterkenny today with the arrival of a well-known VIP. A certain Mr S Maguire has moved to Donegal for the year ahead and he was on display at the well-known clothing outfitters this morning. And he is accompanied by two […]
- THE REAL REASON WHY LACEY WAS ‘SHORT’-CHANGED AT CROKER! At first glance it looks like a team getting ready to play 70 minutes of football to claim the All-Ireland football title. All are singing off the same hymn sheet and all togged out exactly the same – or are they? A number of Donegal Daily readers have contacted the site […]
- MCGUINNESS – “RTE NEED TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND GO IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION AFTER MARTY MORRISSEY JIBE” Former Donegal manager Jim McGuinness says a drastic evaluation needs to take place by RTE over their coverage of Gaelic Games after Joe Brolly's comment about Marty Morrissey. Brolly made a poor joke about how he had compared Cavan football as ugly as Marty Morrissey and wanted to […]
- SOME SUPRISE OMISSIONS AS KARL LACEY NAMES HIS BEST EVER DONEGAL TEAM Donegal star Karl Lacey has selected his best ever Donegal side, and the Four Masters man has left out some notable names. Lacey selected the team based on who he has played with during his glittering Donegal career. His Four Masters teammate Paul Durcan is selected in goals, […]
- WHAT A LINE-UP! ALL STAR CELEBRATIONS FOR DONEGAL AS LACEY NAMED PLAYER OF THE YEAR THE Donegal All Stars got their hands on their awards tonight at a glittering ceremony in Dublin. And Donegal defender Karl Lacey was named Footballer of the Year. The centre half-back a 4-time All Star - was superb as Donegal claimed the All-Ireland title and he pipped […]
- LACEY TO START AS MCGUINNESS NAMES HIS STARTING TEAM FOR ULSTER FINAL Karl Lacey will make his first start of the year for Donegal in Sunday’s Ulster final against Monaghan. The Footballer of the Year hasn’t lined out since last year’s All-Ireland final against Mayo apart from appeareding as a replacement in the first round against Tyrone before […]
- THREE DONEGAL PLAYERS NAMED ON ‘RULES’ PANEL FOR AUSTRALIA INTERNATIONAL Rules manager Anthony Tohill has named three Donegal players in his preliminary panel for the games in Australia later this month and next month. Donegal trio Karl Lacey, Neil McGee and Michael Murphy are on the initial panel - 23 players will eventually travel. Team […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: MASSIVE BLOW FOR DONEGAL AS KARL LACEY RULED OUT COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: Rory Gallagher will have to plan without the services of Karl Lacey following confirmation earlier today that he won't be fit for Saturday's clash with Galway. Donegal face Galway at Croke Park on Saturday hoping to get their quest for an All-Ireland title back […]
- IT’S ‘THREE AND EASY’ FOR DONEGAL’S ALL-STAR FOOTBALLERS BREAKING NEWS: Donegal made it a hat-trick at the Football All Star Awards this evening. Neil McGee, Kevin Cassidy and Karl Lacey were all recognised as being among the best 15 footballers in the country. The achievement underlines once and for all the brilliance of Donegal’s […]
- SUPER DONEGAL SECURE PROMOTION AFTER VICTORY OVER ARMAGH Donegal have been promoted back to Division One of the Allianz National Football League following an excellent win over Armagh this afternoon at the Athletic Grounds. Donegal started the brighter of the two sides and raced in to an early four point lead in the opening five […]
- MURPHY CALLS FOR WEEKENDS CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES TO BE CALLED OFF Donegal captain Michael Murphy has pleaded with the County Board to re-schedule the club championship games in order to give Donegal the best possible chance of winning their third successive Ulster crown. Donegal have Neil Gallagher and Karl Lacey out injured, while Frank […]
- GAA: LACEY ADDED TO RULES SQUAD – GLENSWILLY GAME POSTPONED Donegal GAA star Karl Lacey has been added to the Ireland squad for the International Rules series in Australia. The announcement was made this morning, just days after widespread disappointment that he wouldn't make the team. The team flies to Australia on Saturday but manager […]
- KARL LACEY TO START AS DONEGAL NAME THEIR TEAM TO FACE DOWN Jim McGuinness has re-called the influential Karl Lacey to his starting side ahead of their crucial clash with Down this weekend. McGuinness has been forced to prepare for this clash without the services of Kilcar duo Ryan McHugh and Patrick McBrearty and Darach 'Jigger' […]
- DARRAGH Ó SÉ – ‘MICHAEL MURPHY IS A SERIOUS LEADER, AGAIN WHEN HIS TEAM NEEDED HIM HE STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE’ UFC SEMI-FINAL: The superlatives used to describe Michael Murphy have been exhausted at this stage but former Kerry star Darragh Ó Sé again praised the leadership qualities of the Donegal captain. Ó Sé was in Clones covering the game as an analyst for Sky Sports where he was joined […]