The players are Paul Durcan, Neil Magee, Frank McGlynn, Karl Lacey, Mark McHugh, Neil Gallagher, Colm McFadden and Michael Murphy.
Michael Murphy was named as today’s Man of the Match.
The Sunday Game’s over Player of the Year Award was given to Karl Lacey.
More from Donegal Daily
- McHUGH SHOULD STAY OUT OF KILLARNEY AFTER ‘TWO-TRICK PONY’ REMARK – FORMER KERRY BOSS Former Kerry manager Jack O’Connor reckons Martin McHugh should steer clear of Killarney after he called Colm Cooper a "two-trick pony". McHugh made the comment RTE's The Sunday Game when comparing the attacking qualities of Cooper to Kerry forward James O’Donoghue who starred in […]
- J.J REID MOTORS GIVE AN ALL-STAR CAR TO AN ALL-STAR PLAYER J.J Reid Motors gave Karl Lacey his new Volkswagen Golf Bluemotion car last week, and the four time All-Star endorsed the quality vehicles on offer at J.J Reid Motors situated on the Canal Road. You can check out the video of Karl collecting his new Volkswagen Golf […]
- LACEY PUTS CAREER ON HOLD TO FOCUS 100% ON CHAMPIONSHIP WITH DONEGAL Karl Lacey is putting his professional career on hold for the next few months as he aims to dedicate himself entirely to Donegal's championship campaign. Lacey is a former employee of Ulster Bank but quit his job to undertake a Masters Degree in Sports Science at the University […]
- MURPHY AND GALLAGHER TO RETURN FOR SEMI-FINAL CLASH WITH CORK AT CROKE PARK Donegal captain Michael Murphy and All-Star midfielder Neil Gallagher are expected to come into Rory Gallagher's starting team for Sunday's National League semi-final with Cork. Murphy missed Donegal's draw with Mayo due to suspension, the Glenswilly clubman was given his third […]
- BROLLY STICKS WITH DONEGAL AS WHELAN AND O’HARA CHOOSE TYRONE RTE pundit Joe Brolly is sticking with Donegal. But the bad news for Jim McGuinness is that the Derryman’s fellow Sunday Game pundits Ciaran Whelan ad Eamon O’Hara think Tyrone will knock Donegal from their perch. Des Cahill put all three pundits on the spot on last night’s Sunday […]
- HOW I ALMOST ENDED UP ON THE GAA BUS TO DONEGAL – DAITHI O SE RTE star Daithi O Se has revealed how he almost ended up on Sam's World Tour of Donegal with our GAA stars. The Kerryman went on the lash with the lads (he says he was drinking coffee) in The Boars Head pub in Dublin and got chatting to Michael Murphy, Christy Toye and Rory […]
- TIR CHONAILL ABÚ: CAPTAIN MURPHY SAYS HARD WORK WAS KEY TO VICTORY! DONEGAL Captain Michael Murphy said sweet victory over Kildare at Croke Park in the All-Ireland Quarter Final was just reward for the hard work put into the county effort by the players and management team. Murphy revealed that he played through the pain barrier when he came on as a […]
- DONEGAL PLAYERS OFF TO BOSTON FOR ALL-STAR TRIP Donegal's 2014 All-Star winners have jetted off to Boston this morning for the annual GAA/GPA All-Stars tour. Paul Durcan, Neil McGee, Neil Gallagher, Michael Murphy and Ryan McHugh have headed stateside for the trip. Patrick McBrearty is also included in the travelling party […]
- DONEGAL DUO MURPHY AND GALLAGHER HOPING TO HIT THE BULLSEYE! Donegal GAA stars Michael Murphy and Neil Gallagher are hoping they can be as accurate on the Oche as they are on the pitch. The Glenswilly men will face reigning PDC World Darts Champion Michael Van Gerwen and former two-time World Champion Adrian Lewis at the Pulse Venue […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL – DONEGAL STARS MICHAEL & NEIL OPEN THEIR NEW SPORTS SHOP There was a huge turnout at the official opening of the new sports shop of Donegal GAA stars Michael Murphy and Neil Gallagher. A large crowd attended the official opening, with many well wishers visiting the new store to wish the men well in their new business venture. Murphy and […]
- IT’S MURPHY’S DAY AS TEAM TO FINISH WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL IN GLENSWILLY TONIGHT! It may be Arthur’s Day throughout Ireland today but it’s very much Murphy’s Day in Co Donegal. We can reveal that the Donegal GAA team will finish their ‘world tour of Donegal’ with a rousing celebration at captain Michael Murphy’s club in Glenswilly this evening. A huge crowd is […]
- MURPHY DELIGHTED WITH NEW DONEGAL BACKROOM TEAM Donegal captain Michael Murphy has admitted he is delighted with the new backroom team assembled by manager Jim McGuinness and says everything is in place for the forthcoming season ahead. Eyebrows were raised from within and outside of the county when McGuinness chose to dismiss […]
- DURCAN AND MURPHY NAMED IN THE GAA.IE TEAM OF THE YEAR (SO FAR) DONEGAL'S Paul Durcan and Michael Murphy have been named on the Team of the Year (So Far) by gaa.ie, the game's official website. Those behind the verdict admit season teams are picked at the end of they year - but with that in mind they have come up with their 'Football Team of the […]
- MCSHEA – ‘ MURPHY IS A RARE TALENT THAT SHOULD BE TREASURED’ Former Donegal captain Pauric McShea has said Michael Murphy is a rare talent and one that should be treasured by the county. McShea helped Donegal to win an Ulster SFC back in 1972 in Donegal's maiden success in the Ulster championship. Murphy led Donegal to successive Ulster […]
- I COULD HAVE BEEN A CONTENDER – ASK MICHAEL MURPHY! It’s weird when you think about it – when you sit down and do the maths. When you line out for Glenswilly Over 40s against Termon in a so-called friendly in advance of the Churchill Fair. And there on the grass verge on the far side of the pitch away from the stand sit three […]
- DONEGAL TRIO NOMINATED FOR ULSTER GAA FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR AWARD Donegal have dominated the nominations for the Ulster GAA Writers' Footballer of the year award, with three Donegal players being shortlisted for the coveted title. Neil McGee earns a nomination for a stunning year at the heart of the Donegal defence. McGee was absolutely […]
- MICHAEL MURPHY WILL CAPTAIN IRELAND TEAM DOWN UNDER Michael Murphy has been named as captain of the Ireland International Rules team for their forthcoming test series in Australia. Murphy successful captained the Irish side to a record-breaking victory over their Australian counterparts in last year's one sided test series, and […]
- THE DAZZLING DOZEN! 12 DONEGAL PLAYERS ON ALL-STAR NOMINATION LIST DONEGAL'S All-Ireland winning team has received the most nominations for this year's All Stars - with an incredible TWELVE nominations. A total of twelve counties are represented amongst the 45 nominees. But Donegal top the list with 12, followed by Mayo who have ten. The 12 […]
- SPILLANE NAMES MURPHY AS ‘MOST COMPLETE FOOTBALLER IN THE GAME’ He has often slated Donegal's style of play and famously labelled the Ulster game as "puke football." But GAA analyst Pat Spillane has eaten a large slice of humble pie and named Michael Murphy as the best player in the country. The former Kerry All-Ireland winner and Sunday […]
- GALLAGHER: ‘RORY KAVANAGH WELCOME BACK ANY TIME TO DONEGAL TEAM’ ST EUNAN'S stalwart Rory Kavanagh may make a dramatic return to the Donegal team, it was confirmed tonight. Kavanagh was speaking at the launch of his book in front of more than 500 people at Letterkenny's Mount Errigal Hotel. His book 'Winning' details his journey as a player […]