THE DONEGAL flag was raised proudly over the Mansion House in Dublin today, watched by delighted county TDs.
“It will fly there until Sunday,” said Deputy Joe McHugh.
“It was a very proud moment for all of us.”
More from Donegal Daily
- DONEGAL WORKER SUFFERS SEVERE BURNS IN LONDON BUILDING SITE ACCIDENT A CO DONEGAL man has suffered serious injuries in an industrial accident in London. High Holborn was cordoned off by police yesterday afternoon after the incident at a construction site for London’s Crossrail project involving a worker from Ardara cutting through an electrical cable […]
- HEROES AT WORK: FACE TO FACE WITH THE GORSE FIRE HELL THESE ARE the pictures which show Donegal's firefighting heroes - battling huge gorse fire flames in a bid to save property. They were taken by Charlie O'Donnell from Kilcar, and capture the sort of conditions our firefighters have faced...close up. Many of these fires have been […]
- EXCITEMENT BUILDING FOR DONEGAL ASSOCIATION’S GALA BALL Preparations are well under way in Dublin for the Annual Gala Ball when Deirdre McGlone from the famous Harvey’s Point in Lough Eske will be awarded the 2015 Donegal Person of the Year. The event is taking place on the 5th of March in The Regency Hotel and a large crowd is expected to […]
- JIM MCGUINNESS GETS DONEGAL PERSON OF THE YEAR – PICTURE SPECIAL Joe Bonnar, vice chairman of the association and MC for the night welcomed the large crowd to the Mansion House and thanked the Lord Mayor of Dublin, Naoise Ó Muirí, for the use of the stunning venue. A native of Glenties himself, Joe welcomed last year’s winners, Anne Marie Ward and […]
- KILLYBEGS FIRE HEROES TO BE GIVEN BRAVERY AWARD Fire fighters from Killybegs who battled flames in a blazing building to save the life of an elderly lady are to be honoured at the national awards ceremony organised by Comhairle na Míre Gaile – The National Bravery Awards. There ceremony takes place this Friday Farmleigh House, […]
- BRAVE GARDA RESCUES WOMAN FROM DONEGAL HOUSEFIRE A Garda bravely rescued a woman from a blazing housefire in Donegal Town. The Garda is being hailed a hero after coming to the unconscious woman's aid in the early hours of this morning. Gardai were alerted to the fire at a house in The Mullins area this morning at 4.45am. They […]
- IRELAND’S MOST SPECTACULAR DARKNESS INTO LIGHT 5K SET FOR ARRANMORE Arranmore Island is hosting it's first ever Darkness Into Light 5k walk/run this year on May 7. All proceeds go to Pieta House which is a prevention centre for self harm and suicide. There are 110 venues around the country - but Arranmore is set to have the most spectacular […]
- BREAKING NEWS: FIRE CREWS TACKLE HOUSE BLAZE BREAKING NEWS: A woman has escaped injury in a Co Donegal house fire this evening. Crews raced to the scene of the blaze at Cloughally, Dungloe, earlier. The woman living in the property managed to escape without injury but the house has been badly smoke damaged. Fire and Rescue […]
- FIRE BRIGADE CREWS TACKLE LETTERKENNY BLAZE Gardai are investigating how a fire at Letterkenny’s Kiltoy House started. The house, which is beside the old UNIFI Plant, was unoccupied for several years. Fire crews are still at the scene of the blaze but nobody was hurt.
- NO-ONE SERIOUSLY HURT IN LETTERKENNY BLAZE INVESTIGATORS are probing the cause of a fire in Letterkenny last night. The house fire in Glendale Manor was attended by two fire crews, backed up by Gardai and the ambulance service. Two people who were in the house were treated for smoke inhalation. "The fire was quickly […]
- FAYE PUTS DONEGAL AND IRELAND ON MAP WITH FASHION EXTRAVAGANZA Faye Dinsmore gave the Irish fashion world a massive boost last night when she hosted her inaugural fashion extravaganza at Dublin’s Mansion House. All the beautiful people turned out in support of the Ballintra model’s attempt to make her fashion awards an annual event. The 23 […]
- IRISH LANGUAGE ADVOCATE NAMED ‘DONEGAL PERSON OF YEAR’ The co-founder of Oideas Geal Gleanncholmcille, Liam Ó Cuinneagáin, has been named Donegal Person of the Year for 2013. The announcement was made at a function at the Mansion House in Dublin tonight. A native of Glencolmcille, Liam has been a huge advocate and promoter of the Irish […]
- NO SURPRISES AS JIM McGUINNESS IS NAMED DONEGAL PERSON OF THE YEAR BY DUBLIN ASSOCIATION THE DONEGAL Association in Dublin has named Jim McGuinness as its Person of the Year - in one of the least surprising winners of the coveted award. Run by Dublin-based people from the county, the Donegal manager had been hot favourite to pick up the gong. McGuinness said he was […]
- PEOPLE FORCED TO FLEE HOME AFTER CAR GOES ABLAZE People were forced to flee their home after their car went on fire outside their home in Letterkenny in the early hours of this morning. The cause of the fire is still unknown but Gardai are carrying out a full investigation into what sparked the blaze. The fire broke out just […]
- DDTV: HOOPY NEW YEAR FOR CELTIC – WATCH LEDLEY’S WINNING GOAL AGAINST RANGERS THE ferries might be a bit slower because of the high winds, but the road home to Donegal tonight for the county's legions of Celtic fans is a happy one after the 1-0 win over Rangers. So for all of them - and Hoops fans everywhere - here's Joe Ledley's goal […]
- FIRE CREWS TACKLING LETTERKENNY BLAZE FIRE crews and Gardai were at the scene of a fire in Letterkenny last night. The blaze broke out on disused land near Gort na Greine. The fire was quickly brought under control as Gardai sealed off the area. One eye-wtiness told donegaldaily.com: "It's hard to know if it was […]
- GARDAI INVESTIGATE CAUSE OF STRANORLAR CRASH Gardai are investigating the cause of a crash on the outskirts of Stranorlar this evening. A blue van and a red car collided in the townland of Lettermakenny shortly after 8pm. Gardai closed off the road and both fire brigade and ambulance personnel arrived at the scene of the […]
- THREE INJURED AFTER HEAD-ON SMASH BREAKING NEWS: This is the horrific scene after a two car collision in West Donegal this evening. It appears that two cars, believed to be a silver Mercedes and a red Volkswagen Bora, collided head-on at Middle Dore, Bunbeg. An ambulance rushed to the scene and was there just […]
- FIVE HOSPITALISED AFTER TEST-DRIVE ENDS IN ROAD SMASH Five people have been hospitalised after a test-drive almost ended in tragedy. The accident happened last night on the outskirts of Letterkenny and sparked a major emergency operation. The four young people were in a car in the Ballinascadden area near Coolbuoy when they struck a […]
- HUGE INISHOWEN GORSE FIRE MAY HAVE BEEN STARTED BY SPARK FROM CHARITY TRACTOR DRIVE A huge gorse fire across Inishowen may have been sparked by a charity tractor drive. More than 20 firefighters had to battle for three hours to bring the fire under control as it swept across Drumfries on the Inishowen Peninsula. The blaze, which started around noon, destroyed […]