More than 200 members of the club gather at Binns Bridge in Drumcondra, Dublin just hours before yesterday’s All-Ieland final.
Andrew died when he fell into the Canal after celebrating Donegal’s semi-final victory over Cork
Fellow players from Andrew’s team joined in reciting a rosary led by the tragic man’s sisters Carolyn and Leeann.
Scenes of raw emotion was evident on the faces of fellow GAA people from all over Ireland who witnessed this sad occasion on Drumcondra Road.
Andrew was also remembered during a moment of silence before yesterday’s big game.
More from Donegal Daily
- SHADOW CAST OVER CELEBRATIONS AS YOUNG DONEGAL FAN DROWNS IN DUBLIN Donegal celebrations have been overcast with sadness following the tragic death of a young fan in Dublin last night. The fan, Andrew Duffy, 24, from Termon, is believed to have drowned in the Canal at Binn's Bridge at Phibsboro. The well-known Termon GAA player had been at the […]
- BOY RACER DURING DONEGAL RALLY AVOIDS DISQUALIFICATION FOR DIFFING A boy racer who pleaded guilty to 'diffing' during the Donegal International Rally last summer has avoided losing his drivers license. Andrew Duffy, 21, with an address of Kings Court, Co. Cavan pleaded guilty to dangerous driving at a sitting of Letterkenny District Court. On […]
- TELEVISION TRIBUTE TO MARGO TO CELEBRATE HER 50 YEARS IN MUSIC BUSINESS A TV special on Margo is set air on November 1st next. The special IrishTV programme and Tribute Night for Margo was held in the Great Northern Hotel on the 8th October The programme will celebrate her fifty years in the music business. Margo is so loved by her friends, fans […]
- REMEMBERING A SUPERHERO – GIRL PENS STUNNING TRIBUTE TO TRAGIC ORLA A Donegal girl has penned a stunning and poignant tribute to youth worker Orla O'Reilly who was tragically killed in a road traffic accident in November. Sorcha Cusuack, originally from Letterkenny, is a blogger who now lives in Dublin. She beautifully recalls the first time […]
- COLIN FARRELL PRODUCES AMAZING OIL PAINTING OF JIM MCGUINNESS! This amazing oil painting by Colin Farrell (Not the Hollywood film-star) has received wonderful plaudits after being unveiled earlier this week. Letterkenny based artist Colin Farrell, produced the painting as a tribute to the former Donegal manager who departed from the Donegal […]
- CELTIC’S TOUCHING TRIBUTE TO TRAGIC GEORGIA Celtic FC have paid a touching tribute to tragic Co Donegal schoolgirl Georgia Doherty. The 13-year-old from Inishowen tragically died in a car crash outside Derry last Sunday afternoon. Georgia, from Redcastle, was a huge football fan and supported Celtic and […]
- DAUGHTER GIVES MOTHER HEART-WARMING PRESENT IN MEMORY OF HER LATE FATHER A Donegal girl's heart-warming present to her mother in memory of her late father has gone viral online! Gerard Kearney, 54, passed away a few years ago after losing his battle with cancer. Christmas can be a very difficult time of year - for those who have recently lost loved […]
- COMMUNITY COMES TO A STANDSTILL AS LOCALS SAY GOODBYE TO ‘BEAUTIFUL DIANE’ The community of Annagry came to a complete standstill today as devastated friends and family said a poignant farewell to the late Diane Byrne. The Star of the Sea Church, Annagry was packed to capacity, with many mourners forced to stand outside the chapel. Diane's death has […]
- DANIEL POSTS BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE TO MOTHER HE THOUGHT WOULD LIVE FOREVER Daniel O'Donnell has left a beautiful and touching tribute regarding the death of his beloved mother Julia, to his followers on Facebook. Daniel, who is currently on tour in North America, took to his social media account to discuss his mothers passing, and reveal how he and his […]
- HOPES HIGH FOR THREATENED CORNCRAKE AS BIRDS SPOTTED ACROSS DONEGAL The signs for one of Ireland's rarest birds is looking positive after a number were spotted in Falcarragh, Tory Island, Malin and Ballyliffin. Fifty years ago, the call of the Corncrake was an everyday part of life throughout Donegal. However, in the 1960s, the population […]
- DONEGAL IS ABOUT TO GET A LOT MORE COLOURFUL……..! The 5K fun Color Run/Walk, also known as the Happiest 5k on the Planet, is coming to Donegal! The event is a fun event for all ages, it is a unique colour run that celebrates healthiness, happiness, individuality, and giving back to the community. It's about having the time of your […]
- AN GRIANAN THEATRE TO HOST 1916 COMMEMORATIVE CONCERT FEATURES: The Donegal 1916 Commemorative Committee, who include amongst its membership and patrons the author Helen Meehan, artist Kevin Sharkey and Mairead Ní Mhaonaigh from Altan has announced details of a celebration and remembrance concert to mark the beginning of their 2016 […]
- DELIGHT FOR SCOIL MHUIRE BUNCRANA AS THEY WIN ALL-IRELAND FUTSAL TITLE SOCCER: The outstanding Scoil Mhuire Buncrana First Year Girls team have incredibly won the All Ireland Futsal Final! Scoil Mhuire won the All Iteland today in the basketball arena Tallaght in an exciting day of sport. They played the other THREE provincial winners twice in the […]
- GAA: TERMON CROWNED INTERMEDIATE CHAMPIONS TERMON have won the Intermediate Championship - beating Aodh Ruadh with a point to spare this evening. The final score in Ballybofey was Termon 0-11 Aodh Ruadh 1-07. The teams were tied with just three minutes to go but super sub Daireann Gibson hit the winner with a superb […]
- SLIEVE LEAGUE CLIFFS VOTED MOST IMPRESSIVE VISITOR ATTRACTION Donegal's Slieve League Cliffs was the most impressive visit for customers of CIE Tours International last year. The company held its annual Awards of Excellence in Dublin earlier tonight. Glenveagh National Park was also the recipient of a prestigious award. Kee’s Hotel in […]
- GAA NEWS: ST MICHAEL’S LAUNCH THEIR RUNEGAL 10K Liam McElhinney Chairman St. Michael's GAA, Charlie McLaughlin Manager St. Michael's Senior Team, Suzi Roarty organiser and Andrew Coll Centra Dunfanaghy and St. Michael's team members pictured at the launch of RUNEGAL 2013 which will take place on Saturday 13th July at […]
- GOLFING FANATIC DANIEL GETS A RARE ‘HOLE IN ONE’! Daniel O’Donnell has become even more addicted after getting a rare ‘hole in one’ in recent days. The millionaire singer was relaxing at his Tenerife getaway when he managed the amazing sporting fete. Wife Majella revealed the star is over the moon and even brought friends out to […]
- DONEGAL FAMILY MOURN LOSS OF MOLLY, AGED 109, WHO WAS WORLD’S OLDEST PERSON A CO Donegal family is mourning the loss of Molly Madden, who was Ireland's oldest citizen and the oldest person in the world. Molly passed away on Saturday aged 109. Her son Noel is the well-known publican who owns Madden's Bridge Bar in Bundoran. The premises are closed […]
- LOCAL BAND RAW SET TO ROCK O’DONNELL PARK LEGENDARY local band Raw are set to play a gig at O'Donnell Park. The group will play at the St Eunan's GAA clubhouse on Friday, April 10, with a €5 cover charge, followed by a disco. The club is also providing a free shuttle bus to and from the park and Market Square in […]
- PAUL DURCAN PART OF MAJOR UPSET AS CLUB LANDS DUBLIN COUNTY TITLE DONEGAL goalkeeper Paul Durcan is celebrating tonight - after landing a Dublin club county championship. St Vincent’s dream of securing a third title in a row was shattered by Durcan's club Ballyboden St Enda’s from the southside who claimed the title for the first time since […]