More than 200 members of the club gather at Binns Bridge in Drumcondra, Dublin just hours before yesterday’s All-Ieland final.
Andrew died when he fell into the Canal after celebrating Donegal’s semi-final victory over Cork
Fellow players from Andrew’s team joined in reciting a rosary led by the tragic man’s sisters Carolyn and Leeann.
Scenes of raw emotion was evident on the faces of fellow GAA people from all over Ireland who witnessed this sad occasion on Drumcondra Road.
Andrew was also remembered during a moment of silence before yesterday’s big game.
More from Donegal Daily
- SHADOW CAST OVER CELEBRATIONS AS YOUNG DONEGAL FAN DROWNS IN DUBLIN Donegal celebrations have been overcast with sadness following the tragic death of a young fan in Dublin last night. The fan, Andrew Duffy, 24, from Termon, is believed to have drowned in the Canal at Binn's Bridge at Phibsboro. The well-known Termon GAA player had been at the […]
- MCGUINNESS – FAN’S DEATH HAS TAKEN GOODNESS OUT OF WIN Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has admitted the death of fan has “taken the goodness” out of his side’s famous semi-final victory. The GAA boss said he was so sad to hear about the death of Termon man Andrew Duffy, 24, who drowned in the Royal Canal in Dublin after the game. The […]
- TRAGIC FOOTBALLER ANDREW TO BE REMEMBERED ON ALL-IRELAND DAY A plaque in memory of a young Donegal GAA player who died in the build-up to the All-Ireland Final in 2012 is to be unveiled this Sunday at the spot where he lost his life. Tragic Andrew Duffy was just 24 when he slipped and lost his footing and fell into the Royal Canal at […]
- FUNERAL OF YOUNG GAA FAN TODAY A large crowd is expected to pay their last respects to Andrew Duffy who will be buried in his native Termon today. The 24 year old Donegal fan tragically drowned when he slipped and fell into a canal in Dublin after attending last Sunday’s semi-final game at Croke Park. Andrew, a […]
- TRAGIC GAA FAN TO BE BROUGHT HOME TO DONEGAL TONIGHT The body of tragic Donegal GAA fan Andrew Duffy will be given a guard of honour when it arrives home to his native Termon tonight. Hundreds of people are expected to show their respects to the 24 year old who drowned in the Grand Canal after Donegal’s All Ireland semi-final against […]
- MCGUINNESS PAYS TRIBUTE TO TRAGIC FAN ANDREW AS TEAM BRING SAM TO TERMON All-Ireland winning football manager Jim McGuinness has said he is glad his team were able to win the Sam Maguire cup in honour of tragic Donegal GAA fan Andrew Duffy. Andrew, 23, drowned in Dublin’s Royal Canal just hours after watching his beloved Donegal beat Cork in the […]
- PRIEST TELLS DONEGAL TO WIN ALL-IRELAND IN MEMORY OF ANDREW The parish priest of Termon has said that Donegal needs no greater incentive to go on and win the All-Ireland than to honour tragic GAA fan Andrew Duffy. Fr Pat McHugh was speaking today as more than 1,500 people turned up for the funeral of the young farmer who drowned in Dublin last […]
- DONEGAL MAN IS MUGGED AND DUMPED FOR DEAD IN AMSTERDAM CANAL A Co Donegal man is lucky to be alive after he was attacked and thrown into a canal in Amsterdam. Ronan Kennedy, from Killybegs, was visiting The Netherlands, when the terrifying experience happened last night. Ronan, 27, was left for dead after being mugged and dumped in the […]
- BOY RACER DURING DONEGAL RALLY AVOIDS DISQUALIFICATION FOR DIFFING A boy racer who pleaded guilty to 'diffing' during the Donegal International Rally last summer has avoided losing his drivers license. Andrew Duffy, 21, with an address of Kings Court, Co. Cavan pleaded guilty to dangerous driving at a sitting of Letterkenny District Court. On […]
- TELEVISION TRIBUTE TO MARGO TO CELEBRATE HER 50 YEARS IN MUSIC BUSINESS A TV special on Margo is set air on November 1st next. The special IrishTV programme and Tribute Night for Margo was held in the Great Northern Hotel on the 8th October The programme will celebrate her fifty years in the music business. Margo is so loved by her friends, fans […]
- REMEMBERING A SUPERHERO – GIRL PENS STUNNING TRIBUTE TO TRAGIC ORLA A Donegal girl has penned a stunning and poignant tribute to youth worker Orla O'Reilly who was tragically killed in a road traffic accident in November. Sorcha Cusuack, originally from Letterkenny, is a blogger who now lives in Dublin. She beautifully recalls the first time […]
- COLIN FARRELL PRODUCES AMAZING OIL PAINTING OF JIM MCGUINNESS! This amazing oil painting by Colin Farrell (Not the Hollywood film-star) has received wonderful plaudits after being unveiled earlier this week. Letterkenny based artist Colin Farrell, produced the painting as a tribute to the former Donegal manager who departed from the Donegal […]
- WIFE OF THE LATE MARK FARREN PAYS TRIBUTE TO FINN HARPS FOR TOUCHING TRIBUTE The wife of the late Mark Farren has thanked Finn Harps for the hospitality and incredible support shown to her and her family since the tragic passing of her husband. Former Derry City striker Mark Farren tragically passed away last month after a long battle with an incurable […]
- PAT THE COPE LEADS TRIBUTES TO RONAN KERR IN EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT Pat the Cope Gallagher MEP has today addressed the European Parliament in Strasburg to condemn the murder of Constable Ronan Kerr in Omagh on Saturday. He thanked the European Parliament President Jerzy Buzek for his statement describing the attack as a pointless and despicable […]
- CELTIC’S TOUCHING TRIBUTE TO TRAGIC GEORGIA Celtic FC have paid a touching tribute to tragic Co Donegal schoolgirl Georgia Doherty. The 13-year-old from Inishowen tragically died in a car crash outside Derry last Sunday afternoon. Georgia, from Redcastle, was a huge football fan and supported Celtic and […]
- DAUGHTER GIVES MOTHER HEART-WARMING PRESENT IN MEMORY OF HER LATE FATHER A Donegal girl's heart-warming present to her mother in memory of her late father has gone viral online! Gerard Kearney, 54, passed away a few years ago after losing his battle with cancer. Christmas can be a very difficult time of year - for those who have recently lost loved […]
- DANIEL POSTS BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE TO MOTHER HE THOUGHT WOULD LIVE FOREVER Daniel O'Donnell has left a beautiful and touching tribute regarding the death of his beloved mother Julia, to his followers on Facebook. Daniel, who is currently on tour in North America, took to his social media account to discuss his mothers passing, and reveal how he and his […]
- COMMUNITY COMES TO A STANDSTILL AS LOCALS SAY GOODBYE TO ‘BEAUTIFUL DIANE’ The community of Annagry came to a complete standstill today as devastated friends and family said a poignant farewell to the late Diane Byrne. The Star of the Sea Church, Annagry was packed to capacity, with many mourners forced to stand outside the chapel. Diane's death has […]
- HOPES HIGH FOR THREATENED CORNCRAKE AS BIRDS SPOTTED ACROSS DONEGAL The signs for one of Ireland's rarest birds is looking positive after a number were spotted in Falcarragh, Tory Island, Malin and Ballyliffin. Fifty years ago, the call of the Corncrake was an everyday part of life throughout Donegal. However, in the 1960s, the population […]
- DONEGAL IS ABOUT TO GET A LOT MORE COLOURFUL……..! The 5K fun Color Run/Walk, also known as the Happiest 5k on the Planet, is coming to Donegal! The event is a fun event for all ages, it is a unique colour run that celebrates healthiness, happiness, individuality, and giving back to the community. It's about having the time of your […]