Last night in Donegal Town and in Pettigo Jim McGuinness remembered all those Donegal people abroad, knowing the pride his team has brought to them.
Sandra McLaughlin, originally from Cockhill in Buncrana, was in Cullen’s Irish Bar in Chicago for Donegal Daily.
They won’t forget September 23, 2012.
Her pictures tell the story!
More from Donegal Daily
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: GET YOUR FAN PIC ON THE BIG SCREEN AT CROKE PARK At this Sunday's GAA Football All-Ireland Championship Semi-Finals between Donegal and Dublin, you can wish DONEGAL good luck in a unique way! The process itself is very simple. All you have to do is send in a picture of you and your family in your county colours, along with your […]
- GARTH SAYS HE STILL WANTS TO PLAY GIGS COUNTRY singer Garth Brooks says he still wants to play all five concerts at Croke Park in Dublin at the end of this month. And in a letter to promoter Peter Aiken, Brooks asks if “there is any chance that the five planned concerts can be salvaged and nobody is being let down’ […]
- HONKY TONK HEROES AT THE BREWERY TONIGHT PATRONS of The Brewery Bar in Letterkenny are in for a musical treat tonight. The full five-piece band Honky Tonk Heroes hit the stage at The Brewery at 10pm for this special Bank Holiday Monday show. This is a gig not to be missed. And for football fans there's Chelsea v Spurs […]
- CHRISTY ‘UNITES’ WITH CO-WORKERS TO PREPARE FOR SAM – IN PICTURES Christy Toye can safely be described as a veteran of the current Donegal side. And yet the Creeslough man, despite only coming on for a few appearances, has supported Jim McGuinness from the start. And while Christy supported Jim over the last few months, Christy's workmates at […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL – WIN UP TO €10,000 AT THE CAVERN KARAOKE CHAMPIONSHIPS Above is a selection of images from those who performed at The Cavern Bar Karaoke Championships on Wednesday night. There was a huge crowd in attendance at the Karaoke night, and with those battling for a coveted place at the World Karaoke Championships in Sweden, competition is […]
- DONEGAL GARDA HAS DRINK-DRIVING CRASH CASE ADJOURNED A Garda who is originally from Co Donegal has had a case of drink-driving and dangerous driving against him adjourned. Kevin McLaughlin, 29, was remanded on continuing bail to appear again at Carrickmacross District Court on June 8th next. McLaughlin, from Gartan, Churchill, is […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team. Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – MILFORD PICTURE SPECIAL Milford may have one of Donegal's narrowest Main Streets but there was standing room only on it when the victorious Donegal football brought Sam to the town. More than 2,500 people crammed into the town to pay tribute to Jim McGuinness and the boys. Local schoolchildren were […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: DONEGAL MOTOR CLUB PRESENTATION NIGHT PICTURE SPECIAL: THE Donegal Motor Club Annual Prize Giving was held at the Mount Errigal Hotel in Letterkenny on Saturday. There was a big turn-out as tributes were paid to those who did so well in rallying last year.
- DD LOCAL: ANNAGRY JOINS ROSSES TEXT ALERT SCHEME ANNAGRY LOCAL NOTES COMMUNITY TEXT ALERT FOR THE ROSSES After the meeting that was held in Annagry Hall on Wednesday 17th February, it has been decided that we will join The Rosses Community Text Alert. Forms to be completed can be collected from Annagry Hall Office or Sharkey’s […]
- MOTORING: ON THE ROAD AGAIN with BRIAN McDAID Rallying is in Brian McDaid's blood. And in his column this week, he catches up with a certified Donegal Rally legend, James Cullen and finds he's still earning a living behind the wheel! Cullen for Donegal? It's 25 years ago this year since Donegal’s greatest rally […]
- AN GRIANAN THEATRE TO HOST 1916 COMMEMORATIVE CONCERT FEATURES: The Donegal 1916 Commemorative Committee, who include amongst its membership and patrons the author Helen Meehan, artist Kevin Sharkey and Mairead Ní Mhaonaigh from Altan has announced details of a celebration and remembrance concert to mark the beginning of their 2016 […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL – ARENA 7 CELEBRATE TEN INCREDIBLE YEARS IN BUSINESS Arena 7 celebrated ten incredible years in business with a sensational night of entertainment last Friday evening. Enda, Claire and all the staff at Arena 7 would like to thank everyone who attended the celebration and helped make the night a terrific success. They want to thank […]
- IN MEMORY OF MARTINA: PICTURES FROM THE ARDARA CHARITY 10K Live for today. Love for today. Laugh louder today than yesterday. Those are the words of beautiful Tina Maguire before she passed away in January. Here are some pictures from her day in Ardara (thanks John Burke) on Saturday as more than a thousand people went out to raise money […]
- THE PICTURE WHICH SHOWS WHY DONEGAL MIGHT FLY THE FLAG OVER KERRY Is it a good omen for Sunday’s big game between Donegal and Kerry at Croker? A Donegal flag flies high above the Kerry jersey on a premises on Main Street in Letterkenny. We hope whoever put the flag up passes on their head for good heights on to Jim McGuinness and co. But the […]
- THE CAVERN BAR WEEKEND PICTURE SPECIAL The Cavern Bar was buzzing over the weekend as a large crowd descended on the popular outlet. The Cavern Bar caters for all ages and it really is the best bar to kick-start your weekend. With fantastic drink promotions on offer throughout the weekend, coupled with great music and a […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: DONEGAL LADIES U-14s AT THE ALL-IRELAND BLITZ DONEGAL'S U14 Ladies travelled to Kinnegad today for the All-Ireland blitz. Every girl played with pride for their county today on what for many was their last game at the U14 level. There is little doubt that they can now go on from their displays today to play with the same pride […]
- HECTOR TAKES DONEGAL BY STORM – WEARING HIS DONEGAL JERSEY! BREAKFAST with Hector was never so good as the 2FM star brought his radio show to Donegal Town this morning. He's off to Mayo tomorrow - let's hope he keeps that jersey on! Said Hector: "We had a fantastic time here in Donegal today." He also visited Abbey Vocational School, […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – SEND US YOUR PICTURES SHARE your memories from Donegal's historic tour of the county by sending your pictures to email@example.com. We'll put them on Ireland's No1 local news website - so Donegal people at home and abroad can see them! Anyone out of bed in Glenties yet? Get ready for Sam's World […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: CYCLE AGAINST SUICIDE IN DONEGAL WHAT an incredible bunch of people they are - the CycleAgainstSuicide participants who brought joy and hope to Donegal over the past couple of days. The amazing initiative was founded by Irish entrepreneur Jim Breen, and it continues to go from strength-to-strength. Philip Mulligan […]