Last night in Donegal Town and in Pettigo Jim McGuinness remembered all those Donegal people abroad, knowing the pride his team has brought to them.
Sandra McLaughlin, originally from Cockhill in Buncrana, was in Cullen’s Irish Bar in Chicago for Donegal Daily.
They won’t forget September 23, 2012.
Her pictures tell the story!
More from Donegal Daily
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: GET YOUR FAN PIC ON THE BIG SCREEN AT CROKE PARK At this Sunday's GAA Football All-Ireland Championship Semi-Finals between Donegal and Dublin, you can wish DONEGAL good luck in a unique way! The process itself is very simple. All you have to do is send in a picture of you and your family in your county colours, along with your […]
- GARTH SAYS HE STILL WANTS TO PLAY GIGS COUNTRY singer Garth Brooks says he still wants to play all five concerts at Croke Park in Dublin at the end of this month. And in a letter to promoter Peter Aiken, Brooks asks if “there is any chance that the five planned concerts can be salvaged and nobody is being let down’ […]
- CHRISTY ‘UNITES’ WITH CO-WORKERS TO PREPARE FOR SAM – IN PICTURES Christy Toye can safely be described as a veteran of the current Donegal side. And yet the Creeslough man, despite only coming on for a few appearances, has supported Jim McGuinness from the start. And while Christy supported Jim over the last few months, Christy's workmates at […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL – WIN UP TO €10,000 AT THE CAVERN KARAOKE CHAMPIONSHIPS Above is a selection of images from those who performed at The Cavern Bar Karaoke Championships on Wednesday night. There was a huge crowd in attendance at the Karaoke night, and with those battling for a coveted place at the World Karaoke Championships in Sweden, competition is […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team. Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]
- MOTORING: ON THE ROAD AGAIN with BRIAN McDAID Rallying is in Brian McDaid's blood. And in his column this week, he catches up with a certified Donegal Rally legend, James Cullen and finds he's still earning a living behind the wheel! Cullen for Donegal? It's 25 years ago this year since Donegal’s greatest rally […]
- AN GRIANAN THEATRE TO HOST 1916 COMMEMORATIVE CONCERT FEATURES: The Donegal 1916 Commemorative Committee, who include amongst its membership and patrons the author Helen Meehan, artist Kevin Sharkey and Mairead Ní Mhaonaigh from Altan has announced details of a celebration and remembrance concert to mark the beginning of their 2016 […]
- POLAND/UKRAINE 2012: PICTURE SPECIAL OF SHAY’S NIGHT AT LANSDOWNE SHAY Given enjoyed a great night for Ireland in Dublin - and here are some great pictures from Stephen Doherty from Lansdowne Road (it's named after an insurance company now!) Shay told Sky Sports: "It's a historic moment. It's been a long 16 months but we're extremely happy […]
- NIGHT AT THE RACES FOR ST BODEN’S IN CULDAFF THIS SATURDAY St Boden's National School Culdaff Parents Association are having a Night at the Races for school funds in Bonner Inn Culdaff Arms this Saturday 24th October. First race is off at 9.30pm. Local people are urged to get along for a good night's craic.
- DDTV: BLAST FROM THE PAST – HISTORIC PICTURES FROM BUNDORAN BUNDORAN has been rebranded as the surf capital of Ireland. And with all the big waves rolling onto the town beach recently, little wonder it is starting to attract surfers from all over the world. This video however is from a time when the simple pleasures […]
- VIDEO: CASTLEFIN IS PRIDE OF DONEGAL ON RTE ‘NATIONWIDE’ CASTLEFIN was the pride of the county last night after the hard work of the town and its people was showcased on RTE1's 'Nationwide' programme. The annual North West Garden Show was the main item featured as well as the work of the community groups. And Diarmaid Gavin, celebrity […]
- DDTV: DONEGAL LADIES GAELIC GIRL IS FACE OF GAA ABROAD DDTV: A Donegal Ladies gaelic footballer is helping to spread the message of gaelic games abroad. Emma Mundy is GAA mad. And she also plays with the brilliant Manhattan Gaels in New York. When RTE came asking for her to support GAAGO - the national broadcaster's online […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- CLIFFY HITS THE BIG 4-0 – AND THAT’S 100%! Look up the word ‘joker’ in the dictionary and chances are there’s a picture of Cliffy Kelly. Well the joke is on the big fella today as he celebrates his 40th birthday. He may live along the sun-kissed coastline of downtown Dunfanaghy but Michael (yes some people don’t know […]
- IN THEIR OWN PICTURES: DONEGAL HEROES 0F 2012 CELEBRATE CAPTURING SAM WE'VE kind of recruited the heroes of 2012 for Donegal Daily...into the wee small hours of a great night in Dublin. This Monday evening they will return home to the hills with Sam Maguire on board. So in the meantime, thanks to all the players (and Shay Given for the bus pic!) for […]
- DELIGHT AS CLEARY CENTRE GETS A NEW BUILDING IN DONEGAL TOWN HSE Donegal Community Services have announced that HSE National Estates office have given approval to lease the 'Victor building' Donegal Town as alternative accommodation for the service users of the Cleary Centre. The fire certification application by the landlord has been approved […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: INCREDIBLE PICTURES OF LIGHTNING STORM THAT LIT UP DONEGAL SKY Above are a selection of incredible images of last night's […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL ON A SPECIAL NIGHT FOR JASON QUIGLEY AND HIS DONEGAL FANS IT'S not every night you win your first Professional bout. But it was a dream start for Jason Quigley - and for his Donegal fans at the MGM Arena in Las Vegas. Here's some more snaps to celebrate.
- HAVE YOU WON A FREE BOTTLE OF WINE AND A CHEESEBOARD? HOUSE WINE BAR AND TAP ROOM – PIC SPECIAL PICTURE SPECIAL: HOUSE WINE BAR AND TAP ROOM is one of the classiest establishments for a night out in Donegal. HOUSE is ideal for those of you who want to kick back and relax after a tough week at work in a more chilled out environment than that of your normal bar or […]
- DONAL’S ROMANTIC LOUGH SWILLY SNAP GETS THE 3e THUMBS UP TAKE a bow Donal Kearney. Your incredible picture of Lough Swilly in the fine spring sunshine was the feature pic on the 3e forecast this evening. And it was so good forecaster Deric Ó h'Artagáin made sure it was seen by his viewers. So here's a pic of Deric with your pic Donal!