A huge crowd is expected at the Diamond in Donegal Town tonight for what promises to be one of the greatest nights in Donegal’s history.
Fans from across the county and many home from the four corners of the globe will welcome home Jim McGuinness and his victorious team.
The team are expected at the Diamond around 8pm but many say this could be much later.
A great line-up of entertainment is planned including Daniel O’Donnell, Margo, Rory Gallagher of ‘Jimmy’s Winning Matches fame and much more.
Members of the winning team will also be interviewed as part of the celebrations.
The team are gathering in Dublin after last night’s glamorous banquet function at Dublin’s Burlington Hotel.
The team will leave later today and come back home to Donegal via Pettigo.
Gardai have revealed that the Diamond area and surrounding streets will be closed to traffic from around 4pm onwards to prepare for the huge crowds expected on the streets.
The homecoming to the Diamond is being organised by the local Four Masters club who are co-ordinating parking.
People are being advised that they will have to park outside the town and there will be shuttle buses into the town.
More from Donegal Daily
- “WE WANTED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD TO BRING BACK SAM” – McGUINNESS
One very important passenger may have been missing from their entourage as Donegal GAA manager Jim McGuinness and his team returned home tonight.
But even without the Sam Maguire cup, an estimated crowd of more than 5,000 people thronged The Diamond in Donegal Town to welcome […]
- THOUSANDS EXPECTED IN THE DIAMOND FOR RETURN OF GALLANT DONEGAL TEAMS Thousands of people are set to throng The Diamond in Donegal Town tonight when the Donegal Minor and Senior teams return home.
Both teams will get a huge welcome home despite being beaten in their respective All-Ireland Final games at Croke Park yesterday.
Traffic arrangements […]
- WERE YOU IN THE DIAMOND FOR THE RETURN OF OUR GAA HEROES? – PICTURE SPECIAL
- THE MESSAGE IS ‘BE PATIENT’ AS OUR HEROES CONTINUE THEIR TOUR OF DONEGAL UPDATED: DONEGAL DAILY COMMENT: The victorious Donegal team last night looked like they were going to fall asleep on stage in Letterkenny.
The time was 12.40am and the team were completing a frantic day during which they visited numerous towns from Bundoran to Ballybofey.
- TERMON LADIES RETURN HOME TO HUGE RECEPTION – PIC SPECIAL
Huge crowds have turned out at The Lagoon in Termon tonight for the return of the All-Ireland champions.
The ladies were piped home by lone piper Aishling Moore to the shouts and cheers of hundreds of fans.
There may be a few off work from the Termon parish tomorrow!
- VICTORIOUS DONEGAL LADIES HOMECOMING DETAILS THE VICTORIOUS Donegal Senior Ladies footballers are due to arrive back in the county later.
Fans wishing to greet them can do so in Lifford at 8pm approximately (get those flags out for the newly-crowned Ulster Champions).
Davy McLaughlin's team are expected to arrive at the […]
- DONEGAL CROKE PARK DISPLAY PULLS IN RECORD VIEWERS Donegal’s All Ireland semi-final encounter with Dublin last summer was the third most watched sporting occasion on Irish television last year.
More than 700,000 tuned in to watch the game at Croke Park which earned Jim McGuinness and his team so much negative press.
And for a game […]
- PADDY WALSH ON WEDNESDAY: CLONES, THE MILE CHALLENGE AND A REF WHO NEEDS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL
BY PADDY WALSH: DONEGAL AND MONAGHAN TO GIVE US A FINAL WORTH REMEMBERING
When the pundits predict that Sunday’s Ulster Final is going to be “very tight” as many have done, you can almost hear the groans from the neutrals. Is this another way of telling us it’s going to be a bit […]
- JIM ‘THE REDEEMER’ GETS HIS OWN STATUE OUTSIDE CROKE PARK!
A lot of people in Donegal think Jim McGuinness can perform miracles.
But now Ireland's favourite bookmaker has given him almost God-like treatment.
As the countdown to the Ireland goes into overdrive, Paddy Power honoured the Glenties man McGuinness with the unveiling of Jim […]
- DEADLINE SET FOR APPLICATIONS FOR VACANT DONEGAL MANAGER’S JOB The deadline for applications for Donegal’s vacant manager’s job has been set at October 17th.
A committee, which includes county board chairman Sean Dunnion and treasurer Cieran Kelly, has been set up to select Jim McGuinness’ successor
A number of names have already been […]
- MCGUINNESS SACKED TRIO AFTER DISAGREEMENT OVER TRAINING SCHEDULES A difference of opinion on training schedules for the 2014 season led to the shock departures of the Donegal GAA team's backroom team.
There was shock amongst GAA fans yesterday when assistant manager Rory Gallagher, video analyst Maxi Curran and kit-man Francie Friel were told […]
- NEW DONEGAL MANAGER TO BE NAMED ON MONDAY
The successor to Jim McGuinness is set to be unveiled early next by the Donegal County Board.
The County Board have scheduled a meeting for next Monday, and it's expected that representatives on the board will announce who is the new Donegal Senior team manager.
Rory Gallagher […]
- GALLAGHER: ‘RORY KAVANAGH WELCOME BACK ANY TIME TO DONEGAL TEAM’
ST EUNAN'S stalwart Rory Kavanagh may make a dramatic return to the Donegal team, it was confirmed tonight.
Kavanagh was speaking at the launch of his book in front of more than 500 people at Letterkenny's Mount Errigal Hotel.
His book 'Winning' details his journey as a player […]
- NAOMH CONAILL NOMINATE FORMER McGUINNESS COACH FOR COUNTY MANAGER’S JOB BREAKING NEWS: NAOMH Conaill have nominated a Tyrone man to be the next manager of the Donegal Senior Football team.
The Glenties club have put forward the name of their former manager Cathal Corey to take the county manager's role.
Mr Corey, a father of three who works as a sales […]
- MCGUINNESS REVEALS HIS NEW BACKROOM TEAM TO BRING BACK SAM BREAKING NEWS: Jim McGuinness has announced his new backroom team.
The Donegal GAA boss has chosen a number of well-known GAA comrades to help him bring back the Sam Maguire to the county.
The trio are Damien Diver (Ardara), Paul McGonagle (Buncrana) and John Duffy […]
- GALLAGHER STILL FAVOURITE FOR DONEGAL POST AS NOMINATIONS CLOSE TODAY Today is the last day for nominations for the vacant Donegal manager’s job with Rory Gallagher still many people’s favourite to take the job.
The Fermanagh man, who was formerly Jim McGuinness’ number two, is remaining tight-lipped about his chances on getting the job.
- MCELHINNEYS GET EUROPEAN CHAMPION JASON DRESSED TO IMPRESS FOR HIS HOMECOMING
McElhinneys welcomed home newly crowned European boxing champion Jason Quigley and ensured he was all kitted out for his homecoming.
There was great excitement instore yesterday with the arrival of the European Champion Jason Quigley.
McElhinneys have proudly styled Jason for the […]
- DDTV: GALLANT DONEGAL RECEIVE AMAZING RECEPTION BACK ON HOME SOIL
There may have been tears but Donegal's senior and minor teams returned heroes when they arrived back in The Diamond in Donegal Town last night.
DonegalTV were there to capture the scenes as more than 5,000 people turned out to great Declan Bonner, Jim McGuinness and their […]
- PAWFECT! DONEGAL ARE TOP DOGS OF ULSTER! They said we were ‘barking mad’ to dream of two Ulster titles in a row.
But Jim McGuinness and his men were top dogs last night after collaring Down to capture the Anglo Celt Cup in Clones yesterday.
A huge army of Donegal fans travelled to Monaghan hoping to make history.
- MCGUINNESS: “WE FOUND A WAY TO WIN WITHIN THE RULES” Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has admitted the most pleasing aspect of yesterday's Ulster Championship semi-final win was the fact they got over the line without many of their key players.
Donegal were without the influential Karl Lacey and Neil Gallagher from the start and lost Ryan […]