The party continues again today when the team will travel across the county.
The following are provisional times for some towns which will be visited by the team and the famous cup.
However it has been stressed they are provisional and people should allow time for late arrivals.
The team is expected in
Bundoran 12 midday
Glenswilly (after Letterkenny – time to be confirmed!)
Other times are being provisionally arranged for other towns across Donegal for the coming days.
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – RYAN SHEDS A TEAR AT MASSIVE BUNCRANA HOMECOMING HE'S Buncrana's favourite son - and when Ryan Bradley returned to his home town last night more than 10,000 people turned up to welcome him. The party atmosphere in Inishowen's largest town was electric. No wonder Ryan shed a tear. Click Play on this Wallace Media […]
- BOOST FOR FIANNA FAIL AS COUNCILLOR REJOINS PARTY FIANNA FAIL in the county got a boost today with the announcement that an independent councillor has rejoined the party. Cllr Pat O'Malley quit the party in Ballyshannon 12 years ago. But today he said he had rejoined Fianna Fail "to help the people of the Ballyshannon." He […]
- NIGHT AT THE RACES FOR ST BODEN’S IN CULDAFF THIS SATURDAY St Boden's National School Culdaff Parents Association are having a Night at the Races for school funds in Bonner Inn Culdaff Arms this Saturday 24th October. First race is off at 9.30pm. Local people are urged to get along for a good night's craic.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- BREAKING NEWS: CAPTAIN MURPHY & CO ARE HOME IN THE GLEN WITH SAM MICHAEL Murphy, captain of the All-Ireland champions, is finally home in Glenswilly. The Donegal team are on their last leg of the World Tour of Donegal.
- DDTV – ACTOR SEAN MCGINLEY LAUNCHES ALLINGHAM ARTS FESTIVAL Renowned Donegal actor Sean McGinley last night launched the Allingham Arts Festival in Ballyshannon. Mr McGinley, who was born in the town, took time out to sing the praises of Ballyshannon, took time out to explain why people should viist the festival this year. With thanks […]
- CELEBRATING SAM’S RETURN AT PRAMERICA STAFF at Pramerica will be hitting the town in Letterkenny tonight to celebrate the return of Sam Maguire. Ahead of the visit here's some snaps showing them getting into the spirit of Donegal's 2012 All-Ireland heroes.
- MAYOR OF LETTERKENNY SAYS DONEGAL GAA TEAM COULD DO A TOUR OF THE COUNTY The Mayor of Letterkenny says he would like to see the Donegal GAA team do a tour of the county when they return from the All Ireland Final. Cllr Dessie Larkin was speaking after controversy erupted over the team’s homecoming celebrations in three weeks time. It was sparked after […]
- ‘EVOLVING’ INTO ULSTER CHAMPIONS REALLY SUITS DONEGAL! We're not sure if Jim McGuinness gave them his blessing to go out and celebrate tonight. But there's no question the Donegal team will stand out if they are out on the town after being rigged out for the Ulster Final once again by EvolveMenswear. Champions deserve to be dressed […]
- GLENSWILLY POSTPONE HOMECOMING FOR DONEGAL TEAM GLENSWILLY GAA club has postponed tonight's planned event and visit by the Donegal team due to the delays in the teams progress up through the county. In a statement to members the club said: "The Donegal senior team have been travelling continuously since Saturday as have most of you […]
- MEN ARRESTED AFTER GARDAI PURSUE VAN NEAR BORDER Gardai are remaining tight-lipped about an incident in Bridgend today in which three men were arrested. It follows an incident in which a white van was pursued by a number of Garda cars towards the border. It is understood up to six Garda cars, including two unmarked patrol cars, […]
- LACEY TAKES SAM ON WORLD TOUR OF NEW YORK THE city that never sleeps has welcomed the players that never stop - Sam Maguire is in New York! Pictured are Donegal's Karl Lacey, with the Sam Maguire Cup, and Kilkenny's Henry Shefflin, with the Liam MacCarthy Cup, in Times Square!
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- COUNCIL RESTORES ALL WATER SERVICES FOR NEW YEAR’S CELEBRATIONS HOTELIERS and publicans are breathing a sigh of relief today after Donegal County Council announced that water will be restored to normal service today in time for the biggest party night of the year. Water disruptions which have affected towns and villages across the county in the […]
- COUNTY TOWNS BUZZING WITH LEAVING CERT PARTY REVELLERS FOR those of a more mature age, it's one night of the year to avoid. But tonight hundreds of Leaving Cert students are out partying across the county, most celebrating their results. Others are drowning their sorrows. Letterkenny is "packed" with students enjoying […]
- TRAFFIC CHAOS AS COUNCIL REPAIR ROUNDABOUT THERE was traffic chaos in Letterkenny this evening as Donegal County Council carried out emergency repairs at one of the town's busiest junctions. More than a dozen workmen are working into the night at the hospital roundabout. For short periods of time the junction is being […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – FANAD PICTURES THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome. Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more? Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad. You can send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAM ON TOUR TODAY – TIMES AND SCHEDULES HERE UPDATED: The team left Carndonagh at 8.25pm. If you are on the route, you can leave updates here on Donegal Daily or on our Facebook page or by sending us a Tweet. Still to stop off at Malin, drive through Urris, stop-off in Buncrana Glenswilly TBC
- ST.EUNAN’S CROWNED UNDER 12 HURLING CHAMPS St Eunans under 12s were crowned County Hurling Champions tonight in a thrilling game with Buncrana at O'Donnell Park. Both teams displayed all the great skills of hurling with St Eunans securing the win in the final ten minutes on a scoreline of 3.5 -0.5
- JIM McGUINNESS AT CROKE PARK AS DONEGAL PREPARE TO END CHAMPIONS REIGN DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness is a spectator in Croke Park today for the All-Ireland final as Mayo take on Dublin for the Sam Maguire. Donegal's reign as All-Ireland champions is now over - unless there is a draw today. Best wishes to both sides today at Croke Park. Enjoy it - […]