The party continues again today when the team will travel across the county.
The following are provisional times for some towns which will be visited by the team and the famous cup.
However it has been stressed they are provisional and people should allow time for late arrivals.
The team is expected in
Bundoran 12 midday
Glenswilly (after Letterkenny – time to be confirmed!)
Other times are being provisionally arranged for other towns across Donegal for the coming days.
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – RYAN SHEDS A TEAR AT MASSIVE BUNCRANA HOMECOMING HE'S Buncrana's favourite son - and when Ryan Bradley returned to his home town last night more than 10,000 people turned up to welcome him. The party atmosphere in Inishowen's largest town was electric. No wonder Ryan shed a tear. Click Play on this Wallace Media […]
- BREAKING NEWS: CAPTAIN MURPHY & CO ARE HOME IN THE GLEN WITH SAM MICHAEL Murphy, captain of the All-Ireland champions, is finally home in Glenswilly. The Donegal team are on their last leg of the World Tour of Donegal.
- NIGHT AT THE RACES FOR ST BODEN’S IN CULDAFF THIS SATURDAY St Boden's National School Culdaff Parents Association are having a Night at the Races for school funds in Bonner Inn Culdaff Arms this Saturday 24th October. First race is off at 9.30pm. Local people are urged to get along for a good night's craic.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MAYOR OF LETTERKENNY SAYS DONEGAL GAA TEAM COULD DO A TOUR OF THE COUNTY The Mayor of Letterkenny says he would like to see the Donegal GAA team do a tour of the county when they return from the All Ireland Final. Cllr Dessie Larkin was speaking after controversy erupted over the team’s homecoming celebrations in three weeks time. It was sparked after […]
- GLENSWILLY POSTPONE HOMECOMING FOR DONEGAL TEAM GLENSWILLY GAA club has postponed tonight's planned event and visit by the Donegal team due to the delays in the teams progress up through the county. In a statement to members the club said: "The Donegal senior team have been travelling continuously since Saturday as have most of you […]
- LACEY TAKES SAM ON WORLD TOUR OF NEW YORK THE city that never sleeps has welcomed the players that never stop - Sam Maguire is in New York! Pictured are Donegal's Karl Lacey, with the Sam Maguire Cup, and Kilkenny's Henry Shefflin, with the Liam MacCarthy Cup, in Times Square!
- COUNCIL RESTORES ALL WATER SERVICES FOR NEW YEAR’S CELEBRATIONS HOTELIERS and publicans are breathing a sigh of relief today after Donegal County Council announced that water will be restored to normal service today in time for the biggest party night of the year. Water disruptions which have affected towns and villages across the county in the […]
- COUNTY TOWNS BUZZING WITH LEAVING CERT PARTY REVELLERS FOR those of a more mature age, it's one night of the year to avoid. But tonight hundreds of Leaving Cert students are out partying across the county, most celebrating their results. Others are drowning their sorrows. Letterkenny is "packed" with students enjoying […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – FANAD PICTURES THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome. Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more? Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad. You can send yours to email@example.com
- MEN ARRESTED AFTER GARDAI PURSUE VAN NEAR BORDER Gardai are remaining tight-lipped about an incident in Bridgend today in which three men were arrested. It follows an incident in which a white van was pursued by a number of Garda cars towards the border. It is understood up to six Garda cars, including two unmarked patrol cars, […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- SAM ON TOUR TODAY – TIMES AND SCHEDULES HERE UPDATED: The team left Carndonagh at 8.25pm. If you are on the route, you can leave updates here on Donegal Daily or on our Facebook page or by sending us a Tweet. Still to stop off at Malin, drive through Urris, stop-off in Buncrana Glenswilly TBC
- DELIGHT AS DONEGAL NAMED ULSTER HURLING TEAM OF THE YEAR At the Ulster all star awards last night in Armagh donegal senior hurlers got the award of "Hurling team of the Year." Colm Breathnach accepted the award on behalf of the team It's not often Donegal hurling is spoke about outside this county but some of the comments Colm got last […]
- RAMELTON TOWN BAND TO BRING ALL-IRELAND FLEADH TITLE HOME TONIGHT Congratulations to the Ramelton Town Band , who won their fourth All-Ireland title yesterday at the Fleadh Cheoil Na hEireann in Sligo. The band members range in age from 5 years to 30 years , and have worked hard all year to prepare for this competition. They put in a […]
- JIM McGUINNESS AT CROKE PARK AS DONEGAL PREPARE TO END CHAMPIONS REIGN DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness is a spectator in Croke Park today for the All-Ireland final as Mayo take on Dublin for the Sam Maguire. Donegal's reign as All-Ireland champions is now over - unless there is a draw today. Best wishes to both sides today at Croke Park. Enjoy it - […]
- GAA SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP: CHAMPIONS GLENSWILLY EASE INTO SEMI-FINAL COUNTY champions Glenswilly have eased their way into this year's semi-final with an easy win over Termon at O'Donnell Park in Letterkenny this afternoon. The game was effectively over as a contest by half time, Glenswilly eventually winning by 3-09 to 0-04. Report to follow...
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team. Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL FINALLY ARRIVES IN LETTERKENNY UPDATED: YOU have to salute Jim McGuinness and his players again. They're determined to make sure each and every fan on every road and byway of this county gets to see the Sam Maguire and savour this wonderful success. So it was no surprise that Day One of the World Tour of Donegal […]
- DDTV – GAA STAR RORY KAVANAGH GETS READY FOR THE GATHERING One of the added attractions for many Donegal people living around the world considering coming home for The Gathering will be the county’s GAA success. Being All Ireland champions is one thing but seeing the team defend it could be even more special. Here one of Donegal’s most […]