22:51 UPDATED: The victorious Donegal team is en route to Dungloe and is expected there around about 11.20pm, though this may be a bit later.
Earlier the team stopped at the McGee family home in Dore where a massive crowd were there to greet them.
They also had a meal at the Seaview before going to CLG Gaoth Dobhair.
Dungloe – 11.20pm
Na Rossa – 12.10 pm
Glenties – 1am
More from Donegal Daily
- FUNERAL DETAILS: DAVID TO BE LAID TO REST BESIDE HIS MUM DAVID Colhoun will be laid to rest beside his beloved mother this Sunday, his family announced today. The remains of the 22-year-old were found on Tuesday and Wednesday on the River Foyle, two miles downstream from his home town of Lifford. Yesterday we reported how the remains […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – FANAD PICTURES THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome. Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more? Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad. You can send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org
- GARDAI APPEAL FOR INFORMATION ON MOVEMENTS OF TRAGIC COUPLE’S CAR Gardai have now issued an appeal to anyone who may have spotted a car belonging to tragic Inishowen couple, Jimmy and Kathleen Cuddity, to come forward. Gardai are keen to discover where the car was between 4pm on Wednesday afternoon and 9am yesterday morning. The car is a […]
- SAM ON TOUR TODAY – TIMES AND SCHEDULES HERE UPDATED: The team left Carndonagh at 8.25pm. If you are on the route, you can leave updates here on Donegal Daily or on our Facebook page or by sending us a Tweet. Still to stop off at Malin, drive through Urris, stop-off in Buncrana Glenswilly TBC
- PEOPLE WALK OUT OF MASS OVER PRIEST’S ‘GAY’ COMMENTS ABOUT DONEGAL GAA STAR A NUMBER of people walked out of a Mass in protest at comments made by a priest during a sermon on gay marriage. Father John Britto spoke out against gay marriage during a sermon in Annagry on Saturday night. And he told the congregation that Gaoth Dobhair footballer Eamon […]
- CHLOICH CHEANN FHAOLA WIN RESERVE FINAL The victorious Chloich Cheann Fhaola team who won the Reserve Final today beating Four Masters 1-10 to 1-05. Captain Kevin Scanlon lifted the Seamus Gallagher Cup in front of adoring fans in a superg game.
- FORMER GARDA SERGEANT GRIPPED STEERING WHEEL AFTER SUSPECTED DRUNK-DRIVING INCIDENT A former Garda Sergeant gripped his steering wheel and refused to get out of his car when stopped for suspected drunk-driving. A special sitting of Letterkenny District Court yesterday heard how it took three Gardai to get Jack Conaty out of his car. The court heard how Conaty, a […]
- GET A RARE LOOK BEHIND THE GATES OF FINNER ARMY CAMP Have you ever passed Finner Camp in Ballyshannon and wondered what it is like behind those gates? The army camp has been synonymous with Donegal life for many decades. But not many people have ever seen it from the inside. Well, now is your chance. There will be a Field […]
- GLENSWILLY’S BRILLIANT DAY AT FINGALLIANS FOOTBALL FESTIVAL – PIC SPECIAL
- SHOCK AS DEAD CALF HAS TAGS REMOVED AND DUMPED AT ROADSIDE People have been left shocked after a calf had its identity tags removed and was dumped at a roadside on the outskirts of Letterkenny. The black and white Friesian calf was dumped at Kirkstown close to the Glencar Road around 5pm yesterday evening. A person out walking made the […]
- DONEGAL GIRLS GET ANOTHER BITE AT THE ALL-IRELAND TITLE The U14 girls of Donegal will get another bite at the All-Ireland Under 14B title after a nail-biting game in Athlone today. With just a few minutes to go it appeared that Donegal had don enough to win this game as they led by four points. But two late goals by their opponents […]
- MAGH ENE, BUNDORAN UNDER 14s LEAVE DEELE SHELL-SHOCKED Magh Ene College Bundoran travelled to Raphoe earlier today (FRI) to play the Deele College. On a cold morning with a strong cross field wind with the ball thrown in, Raphoe immediately went on the attack and with just two minutes played scored their first goal. This was soon […]
- GARDAI AT SCENE AFTER CRASH LEAVES LIGHT HANGING FROM ESB POLE Gardai are at the scene of an incident in Letterkenny in which a car crashed into an ESB pole overnight. The pole, which is situated close to Century Cinemas has been left in a dangerous state with the head of the light hanging by a wire. It is understood the ESB have also been […]
- TERMON LADIES GOING FOR FOUR-IN-A-ROW The Termon Senior Ladies GAA team travel down to Waterford on Sunday for the Comórtas Peile na Gaeltachta All Ireland Final against Cill Chomáin of Mayo. The girls will be aiming to do a "Four In A Row" this year, if they are successful on Sunday this will be a huge achievement […]
- HARPS HOPING TO SNATCH POINTS FROM LONGFORD At the start of the season, Saturday night’s game would have been one that Finn Harps would have been pinpointing as one where three points could be obtained. Both Harps and Longford go into the game sitting on four points each and Ollie Horgan will be hoping his side can add to […]
- TWO DONEGAL STARS NAMED IN HOGANSTAND TEAM OF THE WEEK Neil McGee and Christy Toye have been named in the Hoganstand team of the week following Donegal's comprehensive and ruthless victory over Laois on Sunday. The withdrawal of Toye from the panel last year was a huge blow to Donegal and they suffered as a result of his […]
- ‘LAST LIGHT OF DAY’ – STUNNING PIC OF GAOTH DOBHAIR SKYLINE He's normally right at home sorting the post in Letterkenny. But the boy from the Back Road, Tony Duffy, also certainly has an eye for a great picture. Tony caught this stunning image at Brinaleck, Gaoth Dobhair in recent nights. Yet again, Donegal in all its stunning glory.
- DEIGNAN FLIES FLAG FOR DONEGAL ON DAY TWO OF GIRO D’ITALIA LETTERKENNY cyclist Philip Deignan is flying the flag in more ways than one for his native county this weekend. His Team Sky lies in fifth place heading into Day Two of the Giro d'Italia - just over half a minute behind the leaders. And as leader of his team, no-one could stop him […]
- THE K2 LIVE BLOG: DAY 2 – LISTEN TO JASON BLACK’S LATEST MESSAGE DAY 2: Simply click on to the arrow to hear a live update for Donegal Daily from Jason Black as he prepares to climb K2.
- YOUNG DONEGAL HANDBALLERS CAPTURE ULSTER TITLES A number of young Donegal pupils have capture Ulster Allianz Cumann na Bunscoil handball titles. A total of 12 pupils from Donegal took part in the Ulster Allianz Cumann na Bunscoil finals in Belfast. Pupils from Rockfield NS, SN An Choimin,SN Taobhoige and Dromore NS, […]