THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael’s heroes in style.
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home.
Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily.
You can send pix to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DUNFANAGHY PICTURE SPECIAL
A HUGE crowd of Donegal fans greeted the Heroes of 2012 when they arrived in Dunfanaghy on Wednesday evening.
Local hero Colm McFadden helped carry the Sam Maguire down the main street.
And like everywhere else on this remarkable journey across the county - a journey the […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht.
The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner!
Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception.
Were you in […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – SEND US YOUR PICTURES SHARE your memories from Donegal's historic tour of the county by sending your pictures to email@example.com.
We'll put them on Ireland's No1 local news website - so Donegal people at home and abroad can see them!
Anyone out of bed in Glenties yet?
Get ready for Sam's World […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN RORY TOOK SAM TO SEE GRANNY
BEHIND every great player lies a great family.
Wives, girlfriends, mums, dads, children, brothers and sisters.
And behind all of them are the grandparents who are so proud.
So Granny Kavanagh was a very happy woman when grandson Rory brought Sam Maguire and Donegal captain […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF TEAM IN NEWTOWN-SAM-INGHAM
THE victorious Donegal team are on their last leg of an enormous journey across the county.
At teatime hundreds of people lined the main street of Newtowncunningham - or Newtown-SAM-ingham - to cheer on the heroes of 2012.
We don't know where these boys get […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN
DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin.
A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town.
The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – RYAN SHEDS A TEAR AT MASSIVE BUNCRANA HOMECOMING
HE'S Buncrana's favourite son - and when Ryan Bradley returned to his home town last night more than 10,000 people turned up to welcome him.
The party atmosphere in Inishowen's largest town was electric.
No wonder Ryan shed a tear.
Click Play on this Wallace Media […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF A PROUD NIGHT IN GLENSWILLY
IT WAS a very proud night for members of the Glenswilly GAA club as they welcomed home Sam to the captain's club.
Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden were greeted by family and friends.
With thanks to Wallace Media for this video.
Click to […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE
WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness.
For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week!
Here's some snaps from Moville.
With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN LEONARD MET SAM IN CARN AFTER A TRIP FROM DOWN UNDER
THERE was another huge crowd of enthusiastic fans in Carndonagh when the Sam Maguire came calling with the Donegal team.
It was a very special moment for Carn man Leonard Harkin (sure aren't they all Harkins up there!)
He had travelled all the way from Melbourne in Australia […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – MILFORD PICTURE SPECIAL
Milford may have one of Donegal's narrowest Main Streets but there was standing room only on it when the victorious Donegal football brought Sam to the town.
More than 2,500 people crammed into the town to pay tribute to Jim McGuinness and the boys.
Local schoolchildren were […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL
He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team.
But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that.
He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – FANAD PICTURES
THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome.
Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more?
Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad.
You can send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHRISTY ‘UNITES’ WITH CO-WORKERS TO PREPARE FOR SAM – IN PICTURES Christy Toye can safely be described as a veteran of the current Donegal side.
And yet the Creeslough man, despite only coming on for a few appearances, has supported Jim McGuinness from the start.
And while Christy supported Jim over the last few months, Christy's workmates at […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL AS THE WORLD TOUR OF SAM MAGUIRE FINALLY MAKES IT TO TORY ISLAND THE sun shone for Sam Maguire as the famous old trophy's World Tour of Donegal made it to Tory Island.
It was a special day for the 160 or so inhabitants of the beautiful island off the Donegal coast came out in force to welcome Sam home!
- IN THEIR OWN PICTURES: DONEGAL HEROES 0F 2012 CELEBRATE CAPTURING SAM WE'VE kind of recruited the heroes of 2012 for Donegal Daily...into the wee small hours of a great night in Dublin.
This Monday evening they will return home to the hills with Sam Maguire on board.
So in the meantime, thanks to all the players (and Shay Given for the bus pic!) for […]
- JIM, MICHAEL AND SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF AMERICA – IN PICTURES THERE'S one thing Jim McGuinness knows - and that's the heartache of emigration.
People from this county have spread to the four corners of the globe.
And over the past seven days Jim, his Donegal captain Michael Murphy and their new 'best friend' Sam Maguire have been able to take […]
- NIGHT AT THE RACES FOR ST BODEN’S IN CULDAFF THIS SATURDAY St Boden's National School Culdaff Parents Association are having a Night at the Races for school funds in Bonner Inn Culdaff Arms this Saturday 24th October.
First race is off at 9.30pm.
Local people are urged to get along for a good night's craic.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team.
Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]