THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome.
Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more?
Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad.
You can send yours to email@example.com
More from Donegal Daily
- CHRISTY ‘UNITES’ WITH CO-WORKERS TO PREPARE FOR SAM – IN PICTURES Christy Toye can safely be described as a veteran of the current Donegal side. And yet the Creeslough man, despite only coming on for a few appearances, has supported Jim McGuinness from the start. And while Christy supported Jim over the last few months, Christy's workmates at […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team. But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that. He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school. Here […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL AS THE WORLD TOUR OF SAM MAGUIRE FINALLY MAKES IT TO TORY ISLAND THE sun shone for Sam Maguire as the famous old trophy's World Tour of Donegal made it to Tory Island. It was a special day for the 160 or so inhabitants of the beautiful island off the Donegal coast came out in force to welcome Sam home! Next […]
- THE GARDAI BEHIND WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL WITH SAM GET PIC – WITH SAM! THE DONEGAL team has tonight paid tribute to the Gardai who have been escorting them across the county since their arrival in Pettigo on Monday night. A Co Board statement said: "A big thank you to members of An Garda Síochána Traffic Corps who have been escorting the All Ireland […]
- BREAKING NEWS: CAPTAIN MURPHY & CO ARE HOME IN THE GLEN WITH SAM MICHAEL Murphy, captain of the All-Ireland champions, is finally home in Glenswilly. The Donegal team are on their last leg of the World Tour of Donegal.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team. Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness. For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week! Here's some snaps from Moville. With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- JUST WONDERFUL! YOUR GREAT PIX OF DONEGAL YOU'VE been out and about again with your cameras during this superb spell of warm weather. Here's the latest selection of your pix. You can send your pix to email@example.com Top pic is from Donal Kearney and features Lough Swilly last evening. Below: a different view of […]
- JIM’S PROMISE TO DONEGAL CHILDREN: ‘WE’LL TAKE SAM INTO EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY’ DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks. And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show. The […]
- IRELAND’S NEW GOLF SENSATION HAS A DONEGAL CADDY! GOLF: Ireland's newest golf sensation Paul Dunne has already made an impact on the European tour since turning pro - and he is being guided by a Donegal man! Dunne hit the headline again last week, when he led the Alfred Dunhill Links after two rounds which also seen him hit a […]
- DONAL’S ROMANTIC LOUGH SWILLY SNAP GETS THE 3e THUMBS UP TAKE a bow Donal Kearney. Your incredible picture of Lough Swilly in the fine spring sunshine was the feature pic on the 3e forecast this evening. And it was so good forecaster Deric Ó h'Artagáin made sure it was seen by his viewers. So here's a pic of Deric with your pic Donal!
- SAM ON TOUR TODAY – TIMES AND SCHEDULES HERE UPDATED: The team left Carndonagh at 8.25pm. If you are on the route, you can leave updates here on Donegal Daily or on our Facebook page or by sending us a Tweet. Still to stop off at Malin, drive through Urris, stop-off in Buncrana Glenswilly TBC
- FORGET SAM! DONEGAL STAR MARK GETS HIS HANDS ON THE SEOIGE SISTERS! LAST year he had his hands on the Sam Maguire. This All-Ireland weekend Donegal star Mark McHugh was in equally good company....with Grainne and Sile Seoige. And after getting a kiss off one of them, and his picture taken with both of them McHugh declared: "Sure what else would […]
- GLENSWILLY GAA MINOR BOARD PRESENTATIONS – PIC SPECIAL Cormac Callaghan receives The Special Achievment Award from Michael Murphy.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF A PROUD NIGHT IN GLENSWILLY IT WAS a very proud night for members of the Glenswilly GAA club as they welcomed home Sam to the captain's club. Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden were greeted by family and friends. With thanks to Wallace Media for this video. Click to […]
- UPDATED DAY TWO: DONEGAL TEAM ON TOUR LATEST 22:51 UPDATED: The victorious Donegal team is en route to Dungloe and is expected there around about 11.20pm, though this may be a bit later. Earlier the team stopped at the McGee family home in Dore where a massive crowd were there to greet them. They also had a meal at the […]