THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome.
Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more?
Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad.
You can send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org
More from Donegal Daily
- CHRISTY ‘UNITES’ WITH CO-WORKERS TO PREPARE FOR SAM – IN PICTURES Christy Toye can safely be described as a veteran of the current Donegal side. And yet the Creeslough man, despite only coming on for a few appearances, has supported Jim McGuinness from the start. And while Christy supported Jim over the last few months, Christy's workmates at […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- IN THEIR OWN PICTURES: DONEGAL HEROES 0F 2012 CELEBRATE CAPTURING SAM WE'VE kind of recruited the heroes of 2012 for Donegal Daily...into the wee small hours of a great night in Dublin. This Monday evening they will return home to the hills with Sam Maguire on board. So in the meantime, thanks to all the players (and Shay Given for the bus pic!) for […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN RORY TOOK SAM TO SEE GRANNY BEHIND every great player lies a great family. Wives, girlfriends, mums, dads, children, brothers and sisters. And behind all of them are the grandparents who are so proud. So Granny Kavanagh was a very happy woman when grandson Rory brought Sam Maguire and Donegal captain […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – MILFORD PICTURE SPECIAL Milford may have one of Donegal's narrowest Main Streets but there was standing room only on it when the victorious Donegal football brought Sam to the town. More than 2,500 people crammed into the town to pay tribute to Jim McGuinness and the boys. Local schoolchildren were […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team. But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that. He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school. Here […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- JIM, MICHAEL AND SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF AMERICA – IN PICTURES THERE'S one thing Jim McGuinness knows - and that's the heartache of emigration. People from this county have spread to the four corners of the globe. And over the past seven days Jim, his Donegal captain Michael Murphy and their new 'best friend' Sam Maguire have been able to take […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – SEND US YOUR PICTURES SHARE your memories from Donegal's historic tour of the county by sending your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll put them on Ireland's No1 local news website - so Donegal people at home and abroad can see them! Anyone out of bed in Glenties yet? Get ready for Sam's World […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL AS THE WORLD TOUR OF SAM MAGUIRE FINALLY MAKES IT TO TORY ISLAND THE sun shone for Sam Maguire as the famous old trophy's World Tour of Donegal made it to Tory Island. It was a special day for the 160 or so inhabitants of the beautiful island off the Donegal coast came out in force to welcome Sam home! Next […]
- THE GARDAI BEHIND WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL WITH SAM GET PIC – WITH SAM! THE DONEGAL team has tonight paid tribute to the Gardai who have been escorting them across the county since their arrival in Pettigo on Monday night. A Co Board statement said: "A big thank you to members of An Garda Síochána Traffic Corps who have been escorting the All Ireland […]
- CELEBRATING SAM’S RETURN AT PRAMERICA STAFF at Pramerica will be hitting the town in Letterkenny tonight to celebrate the return of Sam Maguire. Ahead of the visit here's some snaps showing them getting into the spirit of Donegal's 2012 All-Ireland heroes.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team. Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]
- JUST WONDERFUL! YOUR GREAT PIX OF DONEGAL YOU'VE been out and about again with your cameras during this superb spell of warm weather. Here's the latest selection of your pix. You can send your pix to email@example.com Top pic is from Donal Kearney and features Lough Swilly last evening. Below: a different view of […]
- BREAKING NEWS: CAPTAIN MURPHY & CO ARE HOME IN THE GLEN WITH SAM MICHAEL Murphy, captain of the All-Ireland champions, is finally home in Glenswilly. The Donegal team are on their last leg of the World Tour of Donegal.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness. For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week! Here's some snaps from Moville. With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- DONAL’S ROMANTIC LOUGH SWILLY SNAP GETS THE 3e THUMBS UP TAKE a bow Donal Kearney. Your incredible picture of Lough Swilly in the fine spring sunshine was the feature pic on the 3e forecast this evening. And it was so good forecaster Deric Ó h'Artagáin made sure it was seen by his viewers. So here's a pic of Deric with your pic Donal!
- IN MEMORY OF MARTINA: PICTURES FROM THE ARDARA CHARITY 10K Live for today. Love for today. Laugh louder today than yesterday. Those are the words of beautiful Tina Maguire before she passed away in January. Here are some pictures from her day in Ardara (thanks John Burke) on Saturday as more than a thousand people went out to raise money […]