He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team.
But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that.
He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school.
Here are some pictures which were taken when Frank and co brought the Sam Maguire to the school during an unscheduled stop.
More from Donegal Daily
- WHY FRANK DOESN’T NEED A LESSON IN BEING A HUMBLE GAA STAR! He had just played one of the biggest games of his GAA career. But like many of the other Donegal players, Frank McGlynn was back earning a crust this morning. No sleep-in or massage down the local spa! Frank, a teacher at Stramore National School, was back in the corridors […]
- ‘WATER’ TERRIFIC RESULT FOR THIRSTY DONEGAL SCHOOL! 'Water' time it is for students at Stramaore National School in Glendowan! The school are exhibiting their science project at the RDS Primary Science Fair for the very first time and are the only primary school in Donegal entering this year. Stramore senior classes were […]
- “CROKER IN THE FIRST WEEK OF FEBRUARY WILL BE A BIG CHALLENGE FOR US” – MCGLYNN Donegal GAA star Frank McGlynn has admitted that the prospect of facing Dublin in Croke Park is a daunting prospect but says he and his teammates are looking forward to the challenge. McGlynn has been one of the most consistent performers for Donegal over the last number of years […]
- FRANK MCGLYNN NAMED AS DONEGAL FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR GAA: FRANK MCGLYNN has been named as the Donegal Footballer of the Year - and will be honoured at tomorrow night's function at The Mount Errigal Hotel. McGlynn has been one of Donegal's most consistent players over the last five seasons - and has delivered swashbuckling displays […]
- DONEGAL NATIONAL SCHOOL SET TO LAUNCH FANTASTIC NEW CD Stramore NS, Glendowan, Churchill are getting ready to launch their fantastic new CD on Friday. Pupils, teachers and members of the community have compiled a CD of much loved songs. Oiche Ceoil will be held in Callaghan's Bar, Churchill on Friday 29th November 2013 at 9pm to […]
- SLIEVE LEAGUE CLIFFS VOTED MOST IMPRESSIVE VISITOR ATTRACTION Donegal's Slieve League Cliffs was the most impressive visit for customers of CIE Tours International last year. The company held its annual Awards of Excellence in Dublin earlier tonight. Glenveagh National Park was also the recipient of a prestigious award. Kee’s Hotel in […]
- DONEGAL SCHOOL GRANTED €58K FOR NEW ASTRO TURF PITCH Minister of State for Gaeltacht Affairs Joe McHugh has announced a grant of €57,954 for the Board of Management at Scoil an tSratha Mhóír, Stramore, to help them develop an astro-turf pitch. Announcing the grant, Minister McHugh said he was making this grant available on the […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- JIM’S PROMISE TO DONEGAL CHILDREN: ‘WE’LL TAKE SAM INTO EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY’ DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks. And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show. The […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL AS THE WORLD TOUR OF SAM MAGUIRE FINALLY MAKES IT TO TORY ISLAND THE sun shone for Sam Maguire as the famous old trophy's World Tour of Donegal made it to Tory Island. It was a special day for the 160 or so inhabitants of the beautiful island off the Donegal coast came out in force to welcome Sam home! Next […]
- IT’S FLIPPIN’ PANCAKE TIME – WITH CHEF MARTIN ANDERSON! I know I'm ahead of myself but next Tuesday is a very special day as you all know ......it's pancake Tuesday . Love them or hate them it's a national tradition to serve pancakes before lent starts. Folk would sacrifice eggs and sugar over the Lenten period and this was their […]
- IRELAND’S NEW GOLF SENSATION HAS A DONEGAL CADDY! GOLF: Ireland's newest golf sensation Paul Dunne has already made an impact on the European tour since turning pro - and he is being guided by a Donegal man! Dunne hit the headline again last week, when he led the Alfred Dunhill Links after two rounds which also seen him hit a […]
- MEET MALIN HEAD’S LATEST DOLPHINS – SAM AND MAGUIRE! MALIN Head's dolphins are certainly pulling in the tourists. Locals have even named a few of them. Now two more have been given special names in honour of Jim McGuinness and his team....Sam and Maguire! (no pressure then Jim!) "We understand they (the dolphins) are planning […]
- SAM COMES TO LORETO COMMUNITY SCHOOL, MILFORD – PIC SPECIAL The Sam Maguire cup stopped in at Loreto Community School Milford as he continues his non stop tour of schools across the county. Donegal star Martin McElhinney brought Sam to the students and staff at Loreto School.
- BOALS GOALS ARE PLAYING US OFF THE PARK! Promoted post Boals Goals have long been a great location for thousands of people to go to and get fit - while enjoying themselves. But now the outdoor soccer arena is dropping its prices and upping its standards. The four pitch astro turf facility at Dromore Lower, on the […]
- DELIGHT AS CLEARY CENTRE GETS A NEW BUILDING IN DONEGAL TOWN HSE Donegal Community Services have announced that HSE National Estates office have given approval to lease the 'Victor building' Donegal Town as alternative accommodation for the service users of the Cleary Centre. The fire certification application by the landlord has been approved […]
- CALLING ALL TEACHERS – STUDY A MASTERS OF ARTS IN LEARNING AND TEACHING AT LYIT The LYIT is launching its second offering of its highly successful Masters of Arts in Learning and Teaching. The Head of Department of Law and Humanities at LYIT, Anne Burke said teaching is one of the most demanding yet rewarding and important professions. "Tailor-made Masters […]
- DONEGAL’S ‘LUCKY 13’ COLLECT THEIR MASSIVE LOTTO CHEQUE! They may not have got their hands on the Sam Maguire at Croker yesterday, but a group of lucky Donegal work colleagues picked up a cheque for a massive €4,871,046 at National Lottery offices this afternoon. The Lucky 13 hit the jackpot last Wednesday 17 September 2014 when they […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- THE MESSAGE IS ‘BE PATIENT’ AS OUR HEROES CONTINUE THEIR TOUR OF DONEGAL UPDATED: DONEGAL DAILY COMMENT: The victorious Donegal team last night looked like they were going to fall asleep on stage in Letterkenny. The time was 12.40am and the team were completing a frantic day during which they visited numerous towns from Bundoran to Ballybofey. They […]