He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team.
But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that.
He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school.
Here are some pictures which were taken when Frank and co brought the Sam Maguire to the school during an unscheduled stop.
More from Donegal Daily
- WHY FRANK DOESN’T NEED A LESSON IN BEING A HUMBLE GAA STAR! He had just played one of the biggest games of his GAA career. But like many of the other Donegal players, Frank McGlynn was back earning a crust this morning. No sleep-in or massage down the local spa! Frank, a teacher at Stramore National School, was back in the corridors […]
- ‘WATER’ TERRIFIC RESULT FOR THIRSTY DONEGAL SCHOOL! 'Water' time it is for students at Stramaore National School in Glendowan! The school are exhibiting their science project at the RDS Primary Science Fair for the very first time and are the only primary school in Donegal entering this year. Stramore senior classes were […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: FROM A GLORIOUS DAY OF SCHOOLS ATHLETICS AT FINN VALLEY AC: HERE'S more pictures from the County Donegal Primary Schools Athletics Finals held in Finn Valley AC centre yesterday. Well done to all who took part.
- “CROKER IN THE FIRST WEEK OF FEBRUARY WILL BE A BIG CHALLENGE FOR US” – MCGLYNN Donegal GAA star Frank McGlynn has admitted that the prospect of facing Dublin in Croke Park is a daunting prospect but says he and his teammates are looking forward to the challenge. McGlynn has been one of the most consistent performers for Donegal over the last number of years […]
- MCGUINNESS LAVISHES PRAISE ON DONEGAL DEFENDER – “FRANK MCGLYNN IS ABSOLUTE GOLD” Former Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has praised Donegal for a 'mature' performance in their Ulster SFC win over Tyrone and singled-out Frank McGlynn for special praise. McGuinness watched the game from the terrace along with his wife and children and said he enjoyed the experience […]
- FRANK MCGLYNN NAMED AS DONEGAL FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR GAA: FRANK MCGLYNN has been named as the Donegal Footballer of the Year - and will be honoured at tomorrow night's function at The Mount Errigal Hotel. McGlynn has been one of Donegal's most consistent players over the last five seasons - and has delivered swashbuckling displays […]
- DONEGAL NATIONAL SCHOOL SET TO LAUNCH FANTASTIC NEW CD Stramore NS, Glendowan, Churchill are getting ready to launch their fantastic new CD on Friday. Pupils, teachers and members of the community have compiled a CD of much loved songs. Oiche Ceoil will be held in Callaghan's Bar, Churchill on Friday 29th November 2013 at 9pm to […]
- WATER CRISIS – RESIDENTS IN CHURCHILL AND GLENDOWAN SPENDING €1,000 ON BOTTLED WATER Residents in Churchill and the surrounding areas say they are being forced to spend an average of €1,000 on bottled water because their tap-water is so brown. The people of the area which includes Glendowan and some parts of Glenswilly get their drinking water from a private water […]
- IT’S MELTING HOT! AND SO IS THE TAR ON THE ROADS…. IT'S going to be another scorcher! And it has been so hot these past few days council workers have taken to putting sand on some roads as the tar MELTS in the heat. Temperatures in inland areas of Donegal will top an astonishing 24C today, say forecasters. "Saturday will be […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CLONES: MCGLYNN – “NOTHING BETWEEN THE TWO TEAMS, BUT WE’RE CONFIDENT WE CAN TAKE THE ANGLO CELT HOME DDTV - COUNTDOWN TO CLONES: Frank McGlynn has said there's nothing between Donegal and Monaghan and that it will come down to the fine margins on Sunday. Donegal meet Monaghan for the third Ulster SFC Final in-a-row. Monaghan ended a 25-year wait for the Anglo Celt when they […]
- GLENDOWAN SCHOOL 5K POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER THE GLENDOWAN National School fundraising 5k due to take place on Sunday morning has been postponed to a later date. Organisers of the fun run and walk say adverse weather conditions this weekend has forced them to call the event off. However it will be held at a later date.
- DONEGAL SCHOOL GRANTED €58K FOR NEW ASTRO TURF PITCH Minister of State for Gaeltacht Affairs Joe McHugh has announced a grant of €57,954 for the Board of Management at Scoil an tSratha Mhóír, Stramore, to help them develop an astro-turf pitch. Announcing the grant, Minister McHugh said he was making this grant available on the […]
- SLIEVE LEAGUE CLIFFS VOTED MOST IMPRESSIVE VISITOR ATTRACTION Donegal's Slieve League Cliffs was the most impressive visit for customers of CIE Tours International last year. The company held its annual Awards of Excellence in Dublin earlier tonight. Glenveagh National Park was also the recipient of a prestigious award. Kee’s Hotel in […]
- YOUNG DONEGAL HANDBALLERS CAPTURE ULSTER TITLES A number of young Donegal pupils have capture Ulster Allianz Cumann na Bunscoil handball titles. A total of 12 pupils from Donegal took part in the Ulster Allianz Cumann na Bunscoil finals in Belfast. Pupils from Rockfield NS, SN An Choimin,SN Taobhoige and Dromore NS, […]
- KEEPING YOUR HAIR COLOUR FOR LONGER – WITH PATRICK GILDEA’S CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE The good news is that with proper care and a little creativity, you can keep your colour-treated hair looking shiny and vibrant. Patrick asked Elaine one of our Master Colour Technicians to share her experience with us on keeping coloured hair fresh and vibrant. This is what she […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – MILFORD PICTURE SPECIAL Milford may have one of Donegal's narrowest Main Streets but there was standing room only on it when the victorious Donegal football brought Sam to the town. More than 2,500 people crammed into the town to pay tribute to Jim McGuinness and the boys. Local schoolchildren were […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team. Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]
- JIM’S PROMISE TO DONEGAL CHILDREN: ‘WE’LL TAKE SAM INTO EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY’ DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks. And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show. The […]
- DONEGAL GARDA HAS DRINK-DRIVING CRASH CASE ADJOURNED A Garda who is originally from Co Donegal has had a case of drink-driving and dangerous driving against him adjourned. Kevin McLaughlin, 29, was remanded on continuing bail to appear again at Carrickmacross District Court on June 8th next. McLaughlin, from Gartan, Churchill, is […]