UPDATED: DONEGAL DAILY COMMENT: The victorious Donegal team last night looked like they were going to fall asleep on stage in Letterkenny.
The time was 12.40am and the team were completing a frantic day during which they visited numerous towns from Bundoran to Ballybofey.
They happily posed for photographs and signed autograph after autograph for fans.
And yet today a small section of the public are complaining about the time schedule.
It is understandable that many children and parents will be disappointed that the team were four hours late arriving at various towns yesterday.
But the reality is that the players have very little control over screaming and adoring fans.
Yes we could have arranged a huge party in MacCumhaill Park or arranged three major stops but hindsight is a great thing.
Donegal has waited 20 years for Sam to come back home and everyone wants a piece of the team.
Each club, from St Eunans in Letterkenny to Naomh Mhuire in Mulladuff, want their time with the team.
The players under Jim McGuinness have restored some pride to the county and are now going the extra mile in helping as many people as possible to enjoy he occasion.
We must also remember that these players and the management team are giving their time when many should be back at work.
So we would ask people to be patient if the time schedule goes astray.
Meanwhile the lads continue their tour of the county today.
The following is the NEW ‘rough’ schedule for the tour of the county today – and all times are estimates.
Termon – 3pm
Donwings – 4pm
Naomh Micheal, Creeslough – 5pm
Falcarragh – 6pm
Gaoth Dobhair – 7pm
Naomh Mhuire – Muladuff – 8pm
Dungloe – 9pm
Na Rossa – 10pm
Glenties – 11pm.
More from Donegal Daily
- “WE WANTED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD TO BRING BACK SAM” – McGUINNESS
One very important passenger may have been missing from their entourage as Donegal GAA manager Jim McGuinness and his team returned home tonight.
But even without the Sam Maguire cup, an estimated crowd of more than 5,000 people thronged The Diamond in Donegal Town to welcome […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – MILFORD PICTURE SPECIAL
Milford may have one of Donegal's narrowest Main Streets but there was standing room only on it when the victorious Donegal football brought Sam to the town.
More than 2,500 people crammed into the town to pay tribute to Jim McGuinness and the boys.
Local schoolchildren were […]
- THOUSANDS EXPECTED IN THE DIAMOND FOR RETURN OF GALLANT DONEGAL TEAMS Thousands of people are set to throng The Diamond in Donegal Town tonight when the Donegal Minor and Senior teams return home.
Both teams will get a huge welcome home despite being beaten in their respective All-Ireland Final games at Croke Park yesterday.
Traffic arrangements […]
- GAA: MALIN DEFEAT CARNDONAGH IN TOM FARREN MEMORIAL CUP
TOM FARREN MEMORIAL CUP Malin beat Carndonagh in the Tom Farren Memorial Cup on Saturday on a scoreline of Malin 2-16 Carndonagh 2-09. The Malin Team on the day was: Seamus […]
- CLUB TIR CHONAILL TAKE SAM TO SEE THE SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE Sams on Tour of Australia, and he is accompanied by Club Tir Chonaill Chairman Ciaran Kelly all in aid of the 2013 Donegal GAA Training Fund.
The famous trophy was pictured this week at the Sydney Harbour Bridge, for the first time in GAA history.
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER – FARMER BELIEVES DONEGAL WIN IS WRITTEN IN STONE! One man believes that Donegal will lift Sam Maguire again this year and he’s even written it in stone.
In fact, farmer Anthony Barrett has spent two months building a huge stone version of the famous All-Ireland trophy and placed it on his land.
The cup, which stands more than […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team.
Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]
- CELTIC BOSS GIVES McGUINNESS THE GO AHEAD TO GET SAM! Celtic boss Neil Lennon has given Jim McGuinness the go ahead to help Donegal retain the Sam Maguire.
The Celtic manager told McGuinness to concentrate on helping Donegal retain the All-Ireland over the next couple of months.
McGuiness works as a performance consultant with the […]
- DONEGAL NATURE LOVERS WOULD BE ‘BATTY’ TO MISS THIS GUIDED TOUR! Ever wondered about those so-called scary creatures bats.
Well now there is a Bat Walk and Talk in Donegal Town next Tuesday, May 5th.
The Donegal Association of An Taisce is having the guided walk and talk about bats which gets underway at 8 p.m.
The group will meet at […]
- IT’S MURPHY’S DAY AS TEAM TO FINISH WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL IN GLENSWILLY TONIGHT! It may be Arthur’s Day throughout Ireland today but it’s very much Murphy’s Day in Co Donegal.
We can reveal that the Donegal GAA team will finish their ‘world tour of Donegal’ with a rousing celebration at captain Michael Murphy’s club in Glenswilly this evening.
A huge crowd is […]
- HUGE CROWDS EXPECTED IN THE DIAMOND FOR DONEGAL’S HEROES A huge crowd is expected at the Diamond in Donegal Town tonight for what promises to be one of the greatest nights in Donegal’s history.
Fans from across the county and many home from the four corners of the globe will welcome home Jim McGuinness and his victorious team.
The team […]
- NEW YORK FIREMEN ‘BLAZE’ A TRAIL AROUND DONEGAL
FIFTY firemen from the New York fire department are currently 'blazing' a trail around Donegal!
This image above was sent into us by Mark McCafferty, who took the snap outside McClafferty's Bar earlier this afternoon.
The FDNY members were joined by their Letterkenny colleagues […]
- SAM MAGUIRE TO GET A CHECK-UP AT LETTERKENNY GENERAL! The Sam Maguire Cup will be brought to Letterkenny General Hospital today.
A number of the All-Ireland winning Donegal team panel are also expected in the hospital throughout the day.
The visit has been arranged by Donegal team doctor Charlie McManus and goalkeeping coach Pat […]
- VICTORIOUS DONEGAL LADIES HOMECOMING DETAILS THE VICTORIOUS Donegal Senior Ladies footballers are due to arrive back in the county later.
Fans wishing to greet them can do so in Lifford at 8pm approximately (get those flags out for the newly-crowned Ulster Champions).
Davy McLaughlin's team are expected to arrive at the […]
- TERMON LADIES RETURN HOME TO HUGE RECEPTION – PIC SPECIAL
Huge crowds have turned out at The Lagoon in Termon tonight for the return of the All-Ireland champions.
The ladies were piped home by lone piper Aishling Moore to the shouts and cheers of hundreds of fans.
There may be a few off work from the Termon parish tomorrow!
- THE DAY SAM GOT THE ‘MAX’ FROM MULROY COLLEGE!
Mulroy College in Milford welcomed a very special guest to the school yesterday.
Sam Maguire along with Donegal video analyst Maxi Curran and player Martin McElhinney were treated as VIPs when they arrived at the school.
Principal Ms Fiona Temple said she was very grateful […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: SAM MAGUIRE CUP VISITS DONEGAL FANS IN MELBOURNE
SAM takes a rest before leaving Melbourne after his historic first trip to Australia. Also pictured is Jim Leonard, John Rodden & Tommy Doherty from the Donegal Association in Melbourne.
Chairman of Club Tír Chonaill Cieran Kelly pictured with the Irish Ambassador to […]
- TRAGIC GARDA ROBBIE HONOURED AND REMEMBERED SEVEN YEARS ON
The memory of tragic Garda Robbie McCallion has been honoured by his family, friends and colleagues in Donegal.
Robbie, a Garda from Swinford in Co. Mayo was tragically taken from his family and friends in 2009 while on duty in Letterkenny.
On Saturday last, his love of […]
- SAM COMES TO LORETO COMMUNITY SCHOOL, MILFORD – PIC SPECIAL The Sam Maguire cup stopped in at Loreto Community School Milford as he continues his non stop tour of schools across the county. Donegal star Martin McElhinney brought Sam to the students and staff at Loreto School.
- HISTORY GIRLS PICTURE SPECIAL: DONEGAL LADIES GET RED CARPET TREATMENT AT CLANREE HOMECOMING
DONEGAL'S Ulster Championship winning Senior Ladies football team were given a rapturous reception when they returned to the county tonight.
The Clanree Hotel laid on red carpet and champagne as the history-making Donegal girls arrived home.
A garda escort and a cavalcade of […]