The Mayor of Donegal Cllr. Frank McBrearty Jnr is to propose that Donegal County Council host a civic reception for the Donegal Team, including the Management team and representatives of the County Board.
The Mayor will bring this proposal to the next meeting of the Council in October to recognise their outstanding achievements in winning the Ulster Championship back to back in 2011 and 2012 and their fantastic victory over Mayo in the All-Ireland final in Croke Park on Sunday last.
Speaking earlier today, the Mayor stated that he will be proposing that the reception be held in November at the latest.
He added that bringing the Sam Maguire Cup back to Donegal, has had a marvellous impact in terms of raising spirits and creating a feel good factor in every town and village throughout the county and that it is both timely and appropriate to honour the team, management and County Board in this way.
More from Donegal Daily
- DONEGAL STARS TO BE GIVEN CIVIC RECEPTION BY LETTERKENNY COUNCIL The victorious Donegal All-Ireland winning team are to be given a civic reception by Letterkenny Town Council. The reception will be held at the Council Chamber at council offices on the Neil T Blaney Road tomorrow evening at 6pm. A number of members of the team and the management […]
- ALL-IRELAND WINNING CAPTAIN GIVEN FREEDOM OF DONEGAL The Donegal man who famously lifted Sam Maguire for the first time ever in 1992 - will be given the freedom of the county. Anthony Molloy, was the first Donegal man to get his hands on the precious cup, and the euphoria of that historic moment still lives long in the memory of […]
- ANTHONY MOLLOY TO BE GIVEN FREEDOM OF DONEGAL AT CIVIC RECEPTION NEXT WEEK FEATURES: Donegal GAA legend Anthony Molloy will be accorded the county’s highest honour at a Civic Reception being hosted in his honour by the Cathaoirleach and members of Donegal County Council at the County House, Lifford on Tuesday next (7th June 2016) at 6pm. The Freedom of […]
- DONEGAL’S ‘KING OF THE RING’ QUIGLEY TO GET CIVIC RECEPTION Cathaoirleach, Cllr. Ciaran Brogan and elected members of Donegal County Council will be honouring Donegal’s ‘King of the Ring’ 24-year-old Jason Quigley this afternoon at a civic reception in the County House, Lifford at 5pm. This Civic Reception is being hosted in recognition […]
- NATALIE TO GET HER ‘KICKS’ AT CIVIC RECEPTION TODAY Carrigans native Natalie McCarron is to receive a civic reception from Donegal County Council today. Natalie created history by becoming the first ever Irish Lady Professional Kickboxing Champion of the World by winning the ISKA Featherweight title. Natalie is an icon in Kickboxing, […]
- DONEGAL HONOURS LIFFORD PLAYERS WITH CIVIC RECEPTION A famous scribe once wrote “All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts.” You could easily apply this, one of Shakespeare's most frequently quoted passages, to the Lifford […]
- CIVIC RECEPTION TO BE HELD FOR LETTERKENNY TIDY TOWNS COMMITTEE Donegal County Council will be honouring Letterkenny Tidy Towns Committee today at a Civic Reception at the County House, Lifford at 5pm. This Civic Reception is being hosted jointly by Donegal County Council and Letterkenny Municipal District in recognition of Letterkenny Tidy […]
- MURPHY TO BE GIVEN CIVIC RECEPTION BY DONEGAL COUNTY COUNCIL Micheal Murphy will be given a Civic Reception by the Donegal County Council for his outstanding achievements this season for Club and Country. Murphy captained the Irish International Rules team to a record victory over Australia in a very one-sided test series that was held in […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL – TERMON LADIES GIVEN CIVIC RECEPTION FOR INCREDIBLE ALL-IRELAND SUCCESS PICTURE SPECIAL: The all-conquering Termon senior ladies team were today given a Civic Reception which was hosted by the Donegal County Council. Termon had an incredible year in 2014 which culminated in them winning their first ever All-Ireland senior title. They have […]
- CIVIC RECEPTION HELD FOR LETTERKENNY TIDY TOWNS COMMITTEE – PIC SPECIAL Donegal County Council honoured Letterkenny Tidy Towns Committee yesterday evening at a Civic Reception at the County House, Lifford at 5pm. This Civic Reception was hosted jointly by Donegal County Council and Letterkenny Municipal District in recognition of Letterkenny Tidy […]
- NORTH WEST 10K TO GET CIVIC RECEPTION NEXT WEDNESDAY The North West 10K committee are to be honoured at a civic reception on Wednesday next, March 28th at 7pm in the council offices in Letterkenny. The committee have helped a number of charities down through the years managing to raise more than €500,000 through the event. Faces […]
- GAA STAR MICHAEL MURPHY’S CIVIC RECEPTION – PIC SPECIAL
- FINN VALLEY COUNCILLOR CALLS FOR CIVIC RECEPTION FOR GOLD MEDAL HERO JASON Cllr Patrick McGowan has requested Donegal Co Councils Corporate group support in the holding of a Civic Reception for boxer Jason Quigley who did the whole County proud winning the European gold, defeating Romanian Bogdan Juratoni in the final in Minsk. Jason is now viewed by many […]
- UNANIMOUS BACKING AS MICHAEL MURPHY RECEIVES CIVIC RECEPTION Michael Murphy was the toast of his native Donegal today when he received a civic reception in honour of his sporting achievements. The 24 year old Glenswilly man has packed more into his career already than most veterans would hope to achieve in a lifetime. Michael was […]
- LETTERKENNY TOWN COUNCIL GIVE NORTH WEST 10K ORGANISERS CIVIC RECEPTION The people behind the successful North West 10k celebrated last night as Letterkenny Town Council honoured them with a Civic Reception for their fantastic fundraising efforts which has seen €656,000 raised for 30 charities over the past 18 years. The popularity of the event […]
- CIVIC RECEPTION FOR DONEGAL’S ALL-IRELAND CHAMPIONS TONIGHT The Donegal Team and Management will be honoured at a civic reception in the County House Lifford tonight (FRI) at 8.30pm. The honour is in recognition of their achievements including winning the Ulster Championship back to back in 2011 and 2012 and the 2012 all-Ireland final in Croke […]
- DDTV: WATCH CIVIC RECEPTIONS FOR TERMON LADIES AND HUGH GALLAGHER DDTV: Hugh Gallagher and the Termon GAA Ladies squad were yesterday given a Civic Reception to honour their incredible achievements. The Termon Ladies squad have enjoyed remarkable success over the last number of years and have won multiple titles at County, Province […]
- MEMBERS OF NORTH-WEST 10K COMMITTEE TO GET A CIVIC RECEPTION Letterkenny Town Council is to host a Civic Reception for past and present members of the North West 10k committee who have helped to raise €656,000 for 19 charities since it was setup in 1996. The proposal was made by Fianna Fail Cllr Dessie Larkin during the last formal meeting […]
- COUNCIL HONOURS DONEGAL WOMAN MADE LORD PROVOST OF GLASGOW Cllr. Sadie Docherty a woman with strong family roots in West Donegal, who holds the prestigious role of Lord Provost of Glasgow, is to be honoured with a Civic Reception at Donegal County Council in Lifford on Tuesday next. She is only the fourth woman in history to hold the position […]
- DONEGAL SCHOOL GRANTED €58K FOR NEW ASTRO TURF PITCH Minister of State for Gaeltacht Affairs Joe McHugh has announced a grant of €57,954 for the Board of Management at Scoil an tSratha Mhóír, Stramore, to help them develop an astro-turf pitch. Announcing the grant, Minister McHugh said he was making this grant available on the […]