MICHAEL Murphy is tonight celebrating another accolade.
His wonder strike against Mayo in last Sunday’s All-Ireland final has been named ‘Goal of the Championship’ by the RTE Championship Matters show.
You can watch the goal, banged home in the third minute of the final, all over again.
Press Play to watch
More from Donegal Daily
- BUS STRIKE, THUNDERSTORMS AND DIVERSIONS ON THE ROAD TO CROKER DONEGAL fans travelling to the All-Ireland Quarter-Final clash with Mayo at Croke Park have been warned to travel early. Dublin Bus drivers strike is going ahead and all buses in the city have been cancelled. This is likely to increase the number of cars on the way into the city […]
- DDTV: DONEGAL GAA STARS BACK ‘EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL’ CAMPAIGN DONEGAL manager Rory Gallagher and his captain Michael Murphy feature with team mates in a new social media campaign aimed at supporting equal rights for disabled people. The video is the brainchild of the Donegal Centre for Independent Living. Click play to watch
- CYNICAL TYRONE BEAT 13-MAN DONEGAL IN CONTROVERSIAL LEAGUE CLASH TYRONE 1-13, DONEGAL 0-12 TYRONE proved too strong against 13-man Donegal in a controversial Divison One clash at Healy Park in Omagh this afternoon. The Red Hand county eventually won 1-13 to 0-12 but it was their cynical off the ball play and some of the referee's decisions […]
- KEVIN CASSIDY: DONEGAL WILL ADD CREATIVE EDGE TO GAME COUNTY STAR Kevin Cassidy has said he believes that Donegal will be more creative next season. The 30-year-old defender has all but confirmed that he will be available again in 2012 when he hopes the Tir Chonaill men can go one step further than this past season. "Next year will be […]
- GAA: JOE BROLLY’S BACKING OF DONEGAL LANDS HIM IN HOT WATER HE'S no stranger to controversy, often tearing strips off teams he sees on The Sunday Game on RTE. Now former Derry GAA star and pundit Joe Brolly is at the centre of another controversy after backing Donegal to beat Kildare in the All-Ireland quarter final this Saturday at Croke […]
- FINN HARPS TAKE ON DERRY CITY AT COLÁISTE AILIGH LETTERKENNY THIS SUNDAY KICK-OFF in the much-anticipated clash between Finn Harps and Derry City this Sunday in Letterkenny has been confirmed for 4.30pm. The game is at Coláiste Ailigh in the town - and is part of a double-header of top sporting events to celebrate the official opening of the new pitch at […]
- DDTV: MURPHY AND McGLYNN GOALS NAMED IN TOP 5 OF 2012 SUPERB goals by Donegal's Michael Murphy and Frank McGlynn have been named in the top 5 goals of the year by the GAA. Murphy's stunner in the final against Mayo and McGlynn's finish against Down in the Ulster Championship are picked. You can watch them all […]
- DONEGAL STARS POP INTO HOSPITAL FOR GAME OF FOOTIE WITH OISIN MERRITT HE'S already stunned medical experts with his incredible recovery from a coma. And now Oisin Merritt, the young Finn Harps player injured in a fall in Spain in June, has shown he hasn't lost his football skills. Donegal GAA captain Michael Murphy and Neil Gallagher have called […]
- RIP: DEATH ANNOUNCED OF DONEGAL FOOTBALL GREAT DONAL MONAGHAN THE death has been announced of Donegal GAA great Donal Monaghan. Donal was the corner back in the Donegal side which landed the Ulster title in both 1972 and 1974. He was Man of the Match in the 1974 final replay win over Down and was given an All-Star, travelling to America later […]
- 2,400 HOMES IN BUNCRANA PLUNGED INTO DARKNESS BY LIGHTNING STRIKE MORE than 2,400 homes and businesses have lost power in Buncrana this evening. ESB Networks reported a fault at 9.40pm tonight. The company says crews are on their way to fix the fault - but the 2,419 customers affected many not have power restored until after 1am.
- FIVE-STAR HARPS BEAT THE SNOW – AND COBH RAMBLERS – TO BAG THREE POINTS! FINN HARPS secured three points with a good 5-0 win over Cobh Ramblers at Finn Park tonight - in dreadful conditions. The decision to give the game the go-ahead was taken just 90 minutes before kick-off. And players from both sides soon had to do battle with the elements as […]
- GAA: RYAN BACK IN TRAINING, HOPING TO PLAY AGAINST CAVAN BUNCRANA’S Ryan Bradley will train again with the Donegal senior team for the second time in three days today – showing he has shaken off a virus and may be fit to play against Cavan in the Ulster Senior Championship on Sunday. The quarter final clash at Breffni Park will be much the […]
- SAM MAGUIRE LEAVES THE HILLS FOR A FUNDRAISING MISSION DOWN UNDER SAM has left the hills - but don't worry another county hasn't stolen him. For Sam Maguire is heading off Down Under on a fundraising mission for Donegal GAA. The chairman of Club Tír Chonaill Ciaran Kelly has decided to bring the Sam Maguire Gaelic football’s most coveted […]
- PROUD DAD RORY KAVANAGH SHOWS OFF HIS NEW-BORN DAUGHTER ZOE DONEGAL footballer Rory Kavanagh is the proudest dad in the county - after his wife Kathryn gave birth to beautiful baby Zoe. The St Eunan's club man is seen here beaming with pride with the new arrival. And what a beautiful little girl she is….in the arms of proud Auntie […]
- CATHAL MacSUIBNE’S DONEGAL GAA BLOG: A GOOD NIGHT AT MacCUMHAILL PARK BY CATHAL MacSUIBHNE: First two points on the board in Division One for Donegal and a good night all round at MacCumhaill Park. As with last week, it took Donegal quite a while to get into their stride and get up to the pace of the game. A lot was made of the team’s second half […]
- ‘JIM McGUINNESS OFFERED PERFORMANCE COACH JOB AT GLASGOW CELTIC’ Jim McGuinness has been offered a part-time post with Celtic as performance coach with the club's Youth Academy, reports in Glasgow suggest. The Donegal senior football team manager will retain his position with the GAA as part of the deal if he formally accepts the offer. It's […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL AS RYAN BRINGS SAM TO CRANA COLLEGE ALL-IRELAND hero Ryan Bradley kept a promise to the staff and pupils of Crana College this week when he returned there - with the Sam Maguire.
- CASSIDY ROW: TIME TO MOVE ON, SAYS MANAGER JIM Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has asked people to move on from the Kevin Cassidy row - and look forward to the future. Speaking to the BBC, Jim was asked about his decision to drop the All Star from the county panel during the Ulster GAA writers awards in Bundoran this weekend. "I […]
- McGUINNESS: ‘WE HAVE TO BELIEVE WE CAN WIN SAM MAGUIRE’ WHAT a difference a year makes. So-called TV pundit Pat Spillane may be still begrudging when it comes to Donegal football this year. In fact his comments on the Sunday Game were probably worse than that. But for people who know what they're talking about, the sports writers, […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: MORE SNAPS FROM A MEMORABLE DAY AT MAC CUMHAILL PARK THE Sean Mac Cumhaills GAA club in Ballybofey were excellent hosts today as the Donegal Senior and Minor teams met their fans at an open day. Here are some more pictures from today.