JIM TAKES TIME TO MEET FANS IN BURT THIS EVENING
DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks.
And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show.
The manager was speaking in Burt where hundreds of fans turned out on the final day of Sam’s World Tour of Donegal.
The team have been forced to cut short visits to many areas today, not wanting to disappoint the Glenswilly club – home of captain Michael Murphy.
The team was forced to postpone a visit there on Tuesday and will instead go there tonight (Thursday) once a tour of Inishowen is complete.
Manager Jim once again mingled with fans in Burt before addressing the crowd.
He thanked the supporters for their tremendous support and apologised for the short visit.
“We were forced to postpone a visit to Glenswilly on Tuesday and it’s only fair that we get there this evening,” he told the crowd.
“But I want to tell you that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks. The cup will be going into every school,” he said to cheers from the fans.
Despite their clear tiredness, the players smiled broadly for pictures and signed as many autographs as possible.
Karl Lacey, Rory Kavanagh, Colm McFadden and the rest of the players played their part in another wonderful day for the county.
They will need some rest in the morning – before heading back up to Dublin to appear on the Late Late Show.
Jim and the team are special guests for the night.
UPDATE: The team left Carn at 8.30pm.
Buncrana is looking like 9.45pm – after stop-off at Malin.
Glenswilly could be around 11pm to midnight.
RORY KAVANAGH MEETS YOUNG FANS IN NEWTOWN
More from Donegal Daily
- KEEPING YOUR HAIR COLOUR FOR LONGER – WITH PATRICK GILDEA’S CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
The good news is that with proper care and a little creativity, you can keep your colour-treated hair looking shiny and vibrant.
Patrick asked Elaine one of our Master Colour Technicians to share her experience with us on keeping coloured hair fresh and vibrant. This is what she […]
- GAA: MALIN DEFEAT CARNDONAGH IN TOM FARREN MEMORIAL CUP
TOM FARREN MEMORIAL CUP Malin beat Carndonagh in the Tom Farren Memorial Cup on Saturday on a scoreline of Malin 2-16 Carndonagh 2-09. The Malin Team on the day was: Seamus […]
- IT’S FLIPPIN’ PANCAKE TIME – WITH CHEF MARTIN ANDERSON!
I know I'm ahead of myself but next Tuesday is a very special day as you all know ......it's pancake Tuesday .
Love them or hate them it's a national tradition to serve pancakes before lent starts.
Folk would sacrifice eggs and sugar over the Lenten period and this was their […]
- MOTORING: ON THE ROAD AGAIN with BRIAN McDAID
Rallying is in Brian McDaid's blood. And in his column this week, he catches up with a certified Donegal Rally legend, James Cullen and finds he's still earning a living behind the wheel!
Cullen for Donegal?
It's 25 years ago this year since Donegal’s greatest rally […]
- AMAZING HISTORY OF THE GAA IN DONEGAL TO BE LAUNCHED An amazing history of the GAA in Donegal has been added to the Donegal County Archives and will be officially launched next week.
Just two weeks after Donegal captured the Sam Maguire for just the second time, the rich of the GAA in the county is to be finally be made available under […]
- TRAGIC GARDA ROBBIE HONOURED AND REMEMBERED SEVEN YEARS ON
The memory of tragic Garda Robbie McCallion has been honoured by his family, friends and colleagues in Donegal.
Robbie, a Garda from Swinford in Co. Mayo was tragically taken from his family and friends in 2009 while on duty in Letterkenny.
On Saturday last, his love of […]
- LOTTO WINNER PUTS SOME OF HIS CASH ON DONEGAL WINNING ALL-IRELAND! Ireland’s newest lotto winner is hoping to get even luckier – by putting some cash on Donegal to win another All-Ireland.
Sports fan Kevin Geoghegan scooped €10 million with girlfriend Carol Logan last week.
And he revealed that the first thing he has done is put a few euro on […]
- “WE WANTED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD TO BRING BACK SAM” – McGUINNESS
One very important passenger may have been missing from their entourage as Donegal GAA manager Jim McGuinness and his team returned home tonight.
But even without the Sam Maguire cup, an estimated crowd of more than 5,000 people thronged The Diamond in Donegal Town to welcome […]
- THE MESSAGE IS ‘BE PATIENT’ AS OUR HEROES CONTINUE THEIR TOUR OF DONEGAL UPDATED: DONEGAL DAILY COMMENT: The victorious Donegal team last night looked like they were going to fall asleep on stage in Letterkenny.
The time was 12.40am and the team were completing a frantic day during which they visited numerous towns from Bundoran to Ballybofey.
- THE SEARCH IS ON FOR DONEGAL’S BIGGEST GAA FAN – AMAZING COMPETITION LAUNCHED!
Donegal Creameries, proud sponsors of the Donegal GAA, want to celebrate the countless Donegal GAA fans who support their county and local team through thick and thin.
They want to reward the people who never miss an opportunity to cheer from the side-lines or those who dedicate […]
- GAA NEWS: DONAL CURRAN NAMED CLOUGHANEELY RESERVE MANAGER
***Comórtas Peile na Gaeltachta***
Tá an fhoireann tacaíochta ag imirt in éadan na nDúnaibh i gComórtas Peile na Gaeltachta ar an tSatharn seo 20ú Feabhra ar 2:00 i.n. sna Dúnaibh.
Reserves will play away to Downings this Saturday, 20th February, at 2:00 pm, in the prelimary […]
- DONEGAL FAMILY MOURN LOSS OF MOLLY, AGED 109, WHO WAS WORLD’S OLDEST PERSON
A CO Donegal family is mourning the loss of Molly Madden, who was Ireland's oldest citizen and the oldest person in the world.
Molly passed away on Saturday aged 109.
Her son Noel is the well-known publican who owns Madden's Bridge Bar in Bundoran.
The premises are closed […]
- BROLLY TO GET SOME TIPS FROM McLAUGHLIN AT TERMON DINNER DANCE! Controversial RTE TV GAA pundit Joe Brolly is the special guest for this Saturday night’s Termon GAA dinner dance.
The function is at the Lagoon Lounge and those attending are advised that it will start at 6.30pm.
An All-Ireland winner with his native Derry in 1993 Brolly was […]
- JIM’S ARMY DESCEND ON CROKER AS SEARCH TO REGAIN SAM HOTS UP The sandwiches are made. The jerseys are ironed and the diesel is in the car. Let the journey begin!
More than 20,000 Donegal fans head to Croke Park today for the serious end of the All-Ireland championship.
It’s ‘do or die’ for Jim McGuinness’ men as they look to dispose of […]
- DELIGHT FOR FOUR MASTERS U12 STAR LEE MURCHAN AS HE REPRESENTS CLUB AT CROKE PARK Four Masters GAA News:
Club Lotto Result
The draw for the latest club lotto took place on Monday night in the Abbey Hotel. There was no jackpot winner of the €2,000 jackpot with the number drawn: 4, 17, 20 and 23. Four consolation prize winners of €25 drawn were Lorcan McGinley […]
- ‘JIMMY WON THE MATCHES, JIMMY WON THE GAMES’ – CATHAL MacSUIBHNE ON McGUINNESS’ REIGN Donegal Daily GAA columnist Cathal MacSuibhne reflects on last night's decision by Jim McGuinness to step down as Donegal manager.
Jimmy won the matches, Jimmy won the games, Jimmy brought Sam back to Donegal again.
The news nobody wanted to hear but that we were half expecting […]
- MASSIVE BOOST FOR DONEGAL AS LEO MCLOONE RETURNS TO COUNTY SQUAD Donegal have received a massive boost with the news that Leo McLoone has returned to full training with Rory Gallagher's squad this evening in Ballyshannon.
McLoone opted not to re-join the squad when Rory Gallagher took over citing that he wanted to take time out to go […]
- MORE THAN 2,000 TURN UP TO SMASH WORLD RECORD AT GAA TRAINING SESSION More than 2,000 children and adults have taken part in a world record attempt for the most people at a training session in Letterkenny today.
The county is still on a high after winning the All-Ireland last weekend and today’s event at St.Eunan’s Club in Letterkenny was a huge […]
- DONEGAL PLAYERS SHOW THEY’RE JUST AS CLASSY OFF THE PITCH AS THEY ARE ON IT The Donegal GAA management and playing staff have been commended by Stradbally Parish Gaels in Laois for the warmth and hospitality shown to them by Jim McGuinness and his team.
Donegal renowned for their class on the pitch over recent years memorably capturing back to back Ulster […]
- KERRY PRINCIPAL THINKS THE KINGDOM WILL TEACH DONEGAL A LESSON! A Kerry-born school principal has told her husband to go to the All-Ireland Final alone – because she believes Donegal are going to be given a lesson in football.
Fiona Farry, who is principal at Cloughfin National School, is a staunch fan of The Kingdom having been born in […]