JIM TAKES TIME TO MEET FANS IN BURT THIS EVENING
DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks.
And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show.
The manager was speaking in Burt where hundreds of fans turned out on the final day of Sam’s World Tour of Donegal.
The team have been forced to cut short visits to many areas today, not wanting to disappoint the Glenswilly club – home of captain Michael Murphy.
The team was forced to postpone a visit there on Tuesday and will instead go there tonight (Thursday) once a tour of Inishowen is complete.
Manager Jim once again mingled with fans in Burt before addressing the crowd.
He thanked the supporters for their tremendous support and apologised for the short visit.
“We were forced to postpone a visit to Glenswilly on Tuesday and it’s only fair that we get there this evening,” he told the crowd.
“But I want to tell you that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks. The cup will be going into every school,” he said to cheers from the fans.
Despite their clear tiredness, the players smiled broadly for pictures and signed as many autographs as possible.
Karl Lacey, Rory Kavanagh, Colm McFadden and the rest of the players played their part in another wonderful day for the county.
They will need some rest in the morning – before heading back up to Dublin to appear on the Late Late Show.
Jim and the team are special guests for the night.
UPDATE: The team left Carn at 8.30pm.
Buncrana is looking like 9.45pm – after stop-off at Malin.
Glenswilly could be around 11pm to midnight.
RORY KAVANAGH MEETS YOUNG FANS IN NEWTOWN
More from Donegal Daily
- IT’S FLIPPIN’ PANCAKE TIME – WITH CHEF MARTIN ANDERSON!
I know I'm ahead of myself but next Tuesday is a very special day as you all know ......it's pancake Tuesday .
Love them or hate them it's a national tradition to serve pancakes before lent starts.
Folk would sacrifice eggs and sugar over the Lenten period and this was their […]
- DELIGHT FOR FOUR MASTERS U12 STAR LEE MURCHAN AS HE REPRESENTS CLUB AT CROKE PARK Four Masters GAA News:
Club Lotto Result
The draw for the latest club lotto took place on Monday night in the Abbey Hotel. There was no jackpot winner of the €2,000 jackpot with the number drawn: 4, 17, 20 and 23. Four consolation prize winners of €25 drawn were Lorcan McGinley […]
- “WE WANTED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD TO BRING BACK SAM” – McGUINNESS
One very important passenger may have been missing from their entourage as Donegal GAA manager Jim McGuinness and his team returned home tonight.
But even without the Sam Maguire cup, an estimated crowd of more than 5,000 people thronged The Diamond in Donegal Town to welcome […]
- THE MESSAGE IS ‘BE PATIENT’ AS OUR HEROES CONTINUE THEIR TOUR OF DONEGAL UPDATED: DONEGAL DAILY COMMENT: The victorious Donegal team last night looked like they were going to fall asleep on stage in Letterkenny.
The time was 12.40am and the team were completing a frantic day during which they visited numerous towns from Bundoran to Ballybofey.
- BROLLY TO GET SOME TIPS FROM McLAUGHLIN AT TERMON DINNER DANCE! Controversial RTE TV GAA pundit Joe Brolly is the special guest for this Saturday night’s Termon GAA dinner dance.
The function is at the Lagoon Lounge and those attending are advised that it will start at 6.30pm.
An All-Ireland winner with his native Derry in 1993 Brolly was […]
- DONEGAL PLAYERS SHOW THEY’RE JUST AS CLASSY OFF THE PITCH AS THEY ARE ON IT The Donegal GAA management and playing staff have been commended by Stradbally Parish Gaels in Laois for the warmth and hospitality shown to them by Jim McGuinness and his team.
Donegal renowned for their class on the pitch over recent years memorably capturing back to back Ulster […]
- MASSIVE BOOST FOR DONEGAL AS LEO MCLOONE RETURNS TO COUNTY SQUAD Donegal have received a massive boost with the news that Leo McLoone has returned to full training with Rory Gallagher's squad this evening in Ballyshannon.
McLoone opted not to re-join the squad when Rory Gallagher took over citing that he wanted to take time out to go […]
- JIM’S ARMY DESCEND ON CROKER AS SEARCH TO REGAIN SAM HOTS UP The sandwiches are made. The jerseys are ironed and the diesel is in the car. Let the journey begin!
More than 20,000 Donegal fans head to Croke Park today for the serious end of the All-Ireland championship.
It’s ‘do or die’ for Jim McGuinness’ men as they look to dispose of […]
- McGUINNESS: ‘WE HAVE TO BELIEVE WE CAN WIN SAM MAGUIRE’ WHAT a difference a year makes.
So-called TV pundit Pat Spillane may be still begrudging when it comes to Donegal football this year.
In fact his comments on the Sunday Game were probably worse than that.
But for people who know what they're talking about, the sports writers, […]
- MCGUINNESS SACKED TRIO AFTER DISAGREEMENT OVER TRAINING SCHEDULES A difference of opinion on training schedules for the 2014 season led to the shock departures of the Donegal GAA team's backroom team.
There was shock amongst GAA fans yesterday when assistant manager Rory Gallagher, video analyst Maxi Curran and kit-man Francie Friel were told […]
- DONEGAL NOT ‘SERIOUS’ CONTENDERS FOR ALL-IRELAND TITLE – SPILLANE
Pat Spillane has dismissed Donegal's chances of winning the All-Ireland title and claimed there is only four 'serious' contenders for the most coveted prize in GAA.
Spillane claims that only Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and at a push Tyrone are 'serious' contenders for the Sam Maguire this […]
- DDTV COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: MILFORD GAA CLUB DO THE DOUBLE DIP FOR DONEGAL
DDTV: They certainly got the weather as members of Milford GAA club did the Double Dip for Donegal at Rathmullan beach last evening.
Among those diving into the water were principal Alma Kavanagh, sister of Donegal star Rory, as well as local councillor Michael McBride. All funds […]
- McGUINNESS TO TELL ALL ABOUT LIFE INSIDE DONEGAL GAA IN NEW BOOK Former Donegal All-Ireland winning manager Jim McGuinness is to release one of the most eagerly-awaited sports books of 2015.
The book entitled 'Until Victory Always' will be published on Amazon.co.uk on October 23 this year, just over a year since making the decision to step down […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL
He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team.
But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that.
He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school.
- DONEGAL FAMILY MOURN LOSS OF MOLLY, AGED 109, WHO WAS WORLD’S OLDEST PERSON
A CO Donegal family is mourning the loss of Molly Madden, who was Ireland's oldest citizen and the oldest person in the world.
Molly passed away on Saturday aged 109.
Her son Noel is the well-known publican who owns Madden's Bridge Bar in Bundoran.
The premises are closed […]
- ODHRÁN MACNIALLAIS: “MCGUINNESS CAN MANAGE CELTIC”
Donegal star Odhrán MacNiallais has claimed former Donegal supremo Jim McGuinness can one day manage Celtic FC.
McGuinness is currently employed by the Glasgow giants as a performance consultant, since being appointed to the position in November 2012.
He worked closely with the […]
- DONEGAL OFFICIALS FACE GRILLING FROM CROKE PARK Donegal chiefs have been summoned to Croke Park to explain their controversial decision to suspend the Donegal SFC until Donegal's involvement in the All-Ireland series is complete.
Donegal manager Jim McGuinness had expressed his annoyance at the fact his players were forced to […]
- JIM AND THE TEAM BACK PAUL’S DREAM OF WALKING FOR FIRST TIME!
Big-hearted Jim McGuinness and his team have backed a little boy’s campaign to walk for the first time.
The Donegal GAA stars took time out of their busy schedule to meet with young Paul Doherty from Killygordon and to back his campaign ‘Mammy I Want To Walk.’
The five year […]
- SLIEVE LEAGUE CLIFFS VOTED MOST IMPRESSIVE VISITOR ATTRACTION
Donegal's Slieve League Cliffs was the most impressive visit for customers of CIE Tours International last year.
The company held its annual Awards of Excellence in Dublin earlier tonight.
Glenveagh National Park was also the recipient of a prestigious award.
Kee’s Hotel in […]
- PROUD DAY FOR DONEGAL GAA AS THOUSANDS TURN UP TO MEET THEIR HEROES!
Thousands of loyal Donegal fans turned up at MacCumhaill Park today to come face-to-face with their GAA heroes.
The meet and greet session was a huge success as Jim McGuinness and his team of stars lined up to welcome fans.
One by one the players including Michael Murphy, […]