UPDATED: The team left Carndonagh at 8.25pm.
If you are on the route, you can leave updates here on Donegal Daily or on our Facebook page or by sending us a Tweet.
Still to stop off at Malin, drive through Urris, stop-off in Buncrana
More from Donegal Daily
- NEW GUIDE ASKS HOW SAFE IS YOUR SPORT? You are the key to your own safety was the message delivered at the launch of the 'How Safe is your Sports Event' resource guide and training programme yesterday. The event was launched by well-known endurance athlete and Letterkenny businessman Jason Black. In his address at […]
- THE GARDAI BEHIND WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL WITH SAM GET PIC – WITH SAM! THE DONEGAL team has tonight paid tribute to the Gardai who have been escorting them across the county since their arrival in Pettigo on Monday night. A Co Board statement said: "A big thank you to members of An Garda Síochána Traffic Corps who have been escorting the All Ireland […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – NAOMH MHUIRE PICTURE SPECIAL IT was late when the Donegal 2012 heroes arrived at the Banks; but no-one cared. All evening message on Twitter, Facebook and Donegal Daily kept Naomh Mhuire parish members up to date on Sam's arrival. Some parents put their children to bed early - so they could get up again to […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- PRIDE AND SADNESS AS GAA STAR TAKES SAM TO THE GRAVE OF TOMÁS MAGUIRE IT'S a picture which will evoke immense pride in those who knew him, and sadness too. GAA star Paddy McGrath took the Sam Maguire to see another Maguire - the late Tomás Maguire. The 24-year-old Ardara man died in an accident in Western Australia in June. A superb footballer […]
- CHRISTY ‘UNITES’ WITH CO-WORKERS TO PREPARE FOR SAM – IN PICTURES Christy Toye can safely be described as a veteran of the current Donegal side. And yet the Creeslough man, despite only coming on for a few appearances, has supported Jim McGuinness from the start. And while Christy supported Jim over the last few months, Christy's workmates at […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness. For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week! Here's some snaps from Moville. With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN RORY TOOK SAM TO SEE GRANNY BEHIND every great player lies a great family. Wives, girlfriends, mums, dads, children, brothers and sisters. And behind all of them are the grandparents who are so proud. So Granny Kavanagh was a very happy woman when grandson Rory brought Sam Maguire and Donegal captain […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – FANAD PICTURES THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome. Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more? Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad. You can send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ON TOP OF THE WORLD SAM, ON TOP OF THE WORLD (WELL ERRIGAL AT LEAST!) BY BRID SWEENEY: This is Ciara Green. She climbed Errigal on Tuesday on her 10th Birthday....we made a pact to bring the Donegal Top to the top and the deal is ....if and when Donegal win we want as many people to wear their Donegal jerseys on a date to be discussed to climb Errigal […]
- POLESTAR GOES GREEN AND GOLD FOR ALL-IRELAND ON an evening when the Sam Maguire was being paraded around the county, the lights were turned on for Donegal on one of Letterkenny's main icons. The Polestar has gone gold and green in time for the All-Ireland battle with Mayo ahead. There's no mistaking the heightened excitement […]
- “WE WANTED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD TO BRING BACK SAM” – McGUINNESS One very important passenger may have been missing from their entourage as Donegal GAA manager Jim McGuinness and his team returned home tonight. But even without the Sam Maguire cup, an estimated crowd of more than 5,000 people thronged The Diamond in Donegal Town to welcome […]
- SUPER HANLON HAT-TRICK EARNS KEADUE ROVERS CRUCIAL WIN Adrian Hanlon showed his talents aren't confined to the GAA pitch as he scored a stunning hat-trick for Keadue Rovers this afternoon against Bonagee United at the Dry Arch Park. His hat-trick eased Keadue's relegation worries and it was a vital victory for the Central Park outfit […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL REACHES THE SUMMIT OF ERRIGAL! HE'S been everywhere else since last September. Now the Sam Maguire has been given the most spectacular view ever - from the top of Errigal. Has to be the best stop-off yet - those guys at the county board are fit!
- IN MEMORY OF MARTINA: PICTURES FROM THE ARDARA CHARITY 10K Live for today. Love for today. Laugh louder today than yesterday. Those are the words of beautiful Tina Maguire before she passed away in January. Here are some pictures from her day in Ardara (thanks John Burke) on Saturday as more than a thousand people went out to raise money […]
- CLLR DOHERTY SLAMS CAR INSURANCE PREMIUM HIKES IN DONEGAL Sinn Féin Councillor Gary Doherty has strongly criticised both the insurance industry and the last Government following reports from Donegal motorists that insurance premiums have risen by as much as 40 per cent in twelve months. Recent figures released from the CSO’s Consumer […]
- MAYOR OF LETTERKENNY SAYS DONEGAL GAA TEAM COULD DO A TOUR OF THE COUNTY The Mayor of Letterkenny says he would like to see the Donegal GAA team do a tour of the county when they return from the All Ireland Final. Cllr Dessie Larkin was speaking after controversy erupted over the team’s homecoming celebrations in three weeks time. It was sparked after […]
- UPDATED DAY TWO: DONEGAL TEAM ON TOUR LATEST 22:51 UPDATED: The victorious Donegal team is en route to Dungloe and is expected there around about 11.20pm, though this may be a bit later. Earlier the team stopped at the McGee family home in Dore where a massive crowd were there to greet them. They also had a meal at the […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team. But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that. He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school. Here […]