UPDATED: The team left Carndonagh at 8.25pm.
If you are on the route, you can leave updates here on Donegal Daily or on our Facebook page or by sending us a Tweet.
Still to stop off at Malin, drive through Urris, stop-off in Buncrana
More from Donegal Daily
- THE GARDAI BEHIND WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL WITH SAM GET PIC – WITH SAM! THE DONEGAL team has tonight paid tribute to the Gardai who have been escorting them across the county since their arrival in Pettigo on Monday night. A Co Board statement said: "A big thank you to members of An Garda Síochána Traffic Corps who have been escorting the All Ireland […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – NAOMH MHUIRE PICTURE SPECIAL IT was late when the Donegal 2012 heroes arrived at the Banks; but no-one cared. All evening message on Twitter, Facebook and Donegal Daily kept Naomh Mhuire parish members up to date on Sam's arrival. Some parents put their children to bed early - so they could get up again to […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness. For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week! Here's some snaps from Moville. With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- CHRISTY ‘UNITES’ WITH CO-WORKERS TO PREPARE FOR SAM – IN PICTURES Christy Toye can safely be described as a veteran of the current Donegal side. And yet the Creeslough man, despite only coming on for a few appearances, has supported Jim McGuinness from the start. And while Christy supported Jim over the last few months, Christy's workmates at […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – FANAD PICTURES THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome. Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more? Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad. You can send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org
- “WE WANTED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD TO BRING BACK SAM” – McGUINNESS One very important passenger may have been missing from their entourage as Donegal GAA manager Jim McGuinness and his team returned home tonight. But even without the Sam Maguire cup, an estimated crowd of more than 5,000 people thronged The Diamond in Donegal Town to welcome […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team. But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that. He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school. Here […]
- LACEY TAKES SAM ON WORLD TOUR OF NEW YORK THE city that never sleeps has welcomed the players that never stop - Sam Maguire is in New York! Pictured are Donegal's Karl Lacey, with the Sam Maguire Cup, and Kilkenny's Henry Shefflin, with the Liam MacCarthy Cup, in Times Square!
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DUNFANAGHY PICTURE SPECIAL A HUGE crowd of Donegal fans greeted the Heroes of 2012 when they arrived in Dunfanaghy on Wednesday evening. Local hero Colm McFadden helped carry the Sam Maguire down the main street. And like everywhere else on this remarkable journey across the county - a journey the […]
- JIM, MICHAEL AND SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF AMERICA – IN PICTURES THERE'S one thing Jim McGuinness knows - and that's the heartache of emigration. People from this county have spread to the four corners of the globe. And over the past seven days Jim, his Donegal captain Michael Murphy and their new 'best friend' Sam Maguire have been able to take […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- MAYOR OF LETTERKENNY SAYS DONEGAL GAA TEAM COULD DO A TOUR OF THE COUNTY The Mayor of Letterkenny says he would like to see the Donegal GAA team do a tour of the county when they return from the All Ireland Final. Cllr Dessie Larkin was speaking after controversy erupted over the team’s homecoming celebrations in three weeks time. It was sparked after […]
- IN THEIR OWN PICTURES: DONEGAL HEROES 0F 2012 CELEBRATE CAPTURING SAM WE'VE kind of recruited the heroes of 2012 for Donegal Daily...into the wee small hours of a great night in Dublin. This Monday evening they will return home to the hills with Sam Maguire on board. So in the meantime, thanks to all the players (and Shay Given for the bus pic!) for […]
- PICTURE: JIM’S LAST INTERVIEW AS MANAGER BRID SWEENEY was in Croke Park for Donegal Daily the Sunday before last. As Jim McGuinness left, he stopped for one more interview with RTE Radio. This is her pic...
- UPDATED DAY TWO: DONEGAL TEAM ON TOUR LATEST 22:51 UPDATED: The victorious Donegal team is en route to Dungloe and is expected there around about 11.20pm, though this may be a bit later. Earlier the team stopped at the McGee family home in Dore where a massive crowd were there to greet them. They also had a meal at the […]
- MARK McHUGH’S PET POOCH GETS TO MEET SAM! STAR Donegal player Mark McHugh is certainly still glowing after the county's All-Ireland success. And now that the Sam Maguire has visited a couple of weddings and a Christening, it was inevitable that the first doggie picture would appear. So here is Sam in the McHugh […]
- THE MESSAGE IS ‘BE PATIENT’ AS OUR HEROES CONTINUE THEIR TOUR OF DONEGAL UPDATED: DONEGAL DAILY COMMENT: The victorious Donegal team last night looked like they were going to fall asleep on stage in Letterkenny. The time was 12.40am and the team were completing a frantic day during which they visited numerous towns from Bundoran to Ballybofey. They […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – RYAN SHEDS A TEAR AT MASSIVE BUNCRANA HOMECOMING HE'S Buncrana's favourite son - and when Ryan Bradley returned to his home town last night more than 10,000 people turned up to welcome him. The party atmosphere in Inishowen's largest town was electric. No wonder Ryan shed a tear. Click Play on this Wallace Media […]