IT was late when the Donegal 2012 heroes arrived at the Banks; but no-one cared.
All evening message on Twitter, Facebook and Donegal Daily kept Naomh Mhuire parish members up to date on Sam’s arrival.
Some parents put their children to bed early – so they could get up again to see the Sam Maguire, a certain Mr McGuinness – and a bus loaded with football heroes.
If you have pictures, you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from Donegal Daily
- THE GARDAI BEHIND WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL WITH SAM GET PIC – WITH SAM! THE DONEGAL team has tonight paid tribute to the Gardai who have been escorting them across the county since their arrival in Pettigo on Monday night. A Co Board statement said: "A big thank you to members of An Garda Síochána Traffic Corps who have been escorting the All Ireland […]
- CHRISTY ‘UNITES’ WITH CO-WORKERS TO PREPARE FOR SAM – IN PICTURES Christy Toye can safely be described as a veteran of the current Donegal side. And yet the Creeslough man, despite only coming on for a few appearances, has supported Jim McGuinness from the start. And while Christy supported Jim over the last few months, Christy's workmates at […]
- HISTORIC DAY AT CROKER: BRILLIANT DONEGAL STUN DUBLIN – TWICE! Donegal 3-14 Dublin 0-17 Donegal's senior footballers produced one of their greatest ever performances to defeat "unbeatable" Dublin in their All-Ireland semi-final clash at Croke Park and keep alive the hopes of an historic double for the Tir Chonaill county. Having earlier […]
- SAM ON TOUR TODAY – TIMES AND SCHEDULES HERE UPDATED: The team left Carndonagh at 8.25pm. If you are on the route, you can leave updates here on Donegal Daily or on our Facebook page or by sending us a Tweet. Still to stop off at Malin, drive through Urris, stop-off in Buncrana Glenswilly TBC
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team. But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that. He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school. Here […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN MICHAEL, NEIL AND GARY ARRIVED IN THE GLEN THEY may have been 48 hours later than planned. But the people of Glenswilly GAA club came out in their droves when the Sam Maguire cup finally arrived late last night. Team captain Michael Murphy joined Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden in returning to their home club. And […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: RORY KAVANAGH RETURNS TO SCOIL CHOLMCILLE WITH SAM IT'S not everyone's teacher who wins the Sam Maguire - and then brings it to the school. But that's what Mr Rory Kavanagh did today at the school where he teaches in Letterkenny. Pupils at Scoil Cholmcille - the boys school - formed a guard of honour for Rory and his teammates […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL AS THE WORLD TOUR OF SAM MAGUIRE FINALLY MAKES IT TO TORY ISLAND THE sun shone for Sam Maguire as the famous old trophy's World Tour of Donegal made it to Tory Island. It was a special day for the 160 or so inhabitants of the beautiful island off the Donegal coast came out in force to welcome Sam home! Next […]
- SAM COMES TO LORETO COMMUNITY SCHOOL, MILFORD – PIC SPECIAL The Sam Maguire cup stopped in at Loreto Community School Milford as he continues his non stop tour of schools across the county. Donegal star Martin McElhinney brought Sam to the students and staff at Loreto School.
- PICTURE SPECIAL AS RYAN BRINGS SAM TO CRANA COLLEGE ALL-IRELAND hero Ryan Bradley kept a promise to the staff and pupils of Crana College this week when he returned there - with the Sam Maguire.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness. For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week! Here's some snaps from Moville. With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team. Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER – YOUR PICTURES OF THE DAY! THANKS once again to all those who have sent in pictures to Donegal Daily this week. It never ceases to amaze us where you get to - and what you get up to. Four days to go - nervous or what? Enjoy the latest line-up. We start with four Donegal ladies in Sydney […]
- SLIEVE LEAGUE CLIFFS VOTED MOST IMPRESSIVE VISITOR ATTRACTION Donegal's Slieve League Cliffs was the most impressive visit for customers of CIE Tours International last year. The company held its annual Awards of Excellence in Dublin earlier tonight. Glenveagh National Park was also the recipient of a prestigious award. Kee’s Hotel in […]
- DONEGAL MAN’S ‘MUCKISH’ PUB GETTING RAVE REVIEWS IN TORONTO A CO Donegal man is winning rave reviews for his pub in Toronto - named after a piece of home. Ards native John McFadden has been gone from these shores for almost 40 years. And according to The Toronto Star this week, John is one of the few publicans offering a real Irish pub […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- GAA TRIO TIP DONEGAL BUT WARN ABOUT COMPLACENCY A panel of former GAA players have all tipped Donegal to take Mayo and claim their second All-Ireland senior title. However Donegal legends Chalrie Mulgrew, Manus Boyle as well as Laois star Colm Parkinson have all warned against complacency in the days leading up to the big […]