IT was late when the Donegal 2012 heroes arrived at the Banks; but no-one cared.
All evening message on Twitter, Facebook and Donegal Daily kept Naomh Mhuire parish members up to date on Sam’s arrival.
Some parents put their children to bed early – so they could get up again to see the Sam Maguire, a certain Mr McGuinness – and a bus loaded with football heroes.
If you have pictures, you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DUNFANAGHY PICTURE SPECIAL A HUGE crowd of Donegal fans greeted the Heroes of 2012 when they arrived in Dunfanaghy on Wednesday evening. Local hero Colm McFadden helped carry the Sam Maguire down the main street. And like everywhere else on this remarkable journey across the county - a journey the […]
- PRIDE AND SADNESS AS GAA STAR TAKES SAM TO THE GRAVE OF TOMÁS MAGUIRE IT'S a picture which will evoke immense pride in those who knew him, and sadness too. GAA star Paddy McGrath took the Sam Maguire to see another Maguire - the late Tomás Maguire. The 24-year-old Ardara man died in an accident in Western Australia in June. A superb footballer […]
- CHRISTY ‘UNITES’ WITH CO-WORKERS TO PREPARE FOR SAM – IN PICTURES Christy Toye can safely be described as a veteran of the current Donegal side. And yet the Creeslough man, despite only coming on for a few appearances, has supported Jim McGuinness from the start. And while Christy supported Jim over the last few months, Christy's workmates at […]
- WIN A FREE VIP TRIP TO CROKE PARK FOR DONEGAL’S BIG DAY Twenty years after Anthony Molloy first raised the Sam Maguire, Donegal are on the march again. And now a lucky Donegal Daily reader and a guest will have the chance to enjoy the semi-final encounter with Cork at Croke Park in the lap of luxury. We have teamed up with Croke Park […]
- THE GARDAI BEHIND WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL WITH SAM GET PIC – WITH SAM! THE DONEGAL team has tonight paid tribute to the Gardai who have been escorting them across the county since their arrival in Pettigo on Monday night. A Co Board statement said: "A big thank you to members of An Garda Síochána Traffic Corps who have been escorting the All Ireland […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR ARRIVES IN CHICAGO THE WORLD tour of Sam has arrived in Chicago. And hundreds of ex-pat Donegal folk were out in force to see Sam Maguire and the Donegal players during a whirlwind tour of the USA. Said Kevin Hegarty - formerly of the parish of Kilcar: "It was a great night. So proud of the boys and […]
- DONEGAL STARS KEEP CARDS CLOSE TO THEIR CHEST AHEAD OF BIG GAME! Donegal boss Jim McGuinness is unlikely to be showing his hand before next Sunday’s All-Ireland final. And he's also unlikely to shuffle the pack! But that didn’t stop his players from putting on their poker faces last night. The picture was taken as the players complete a […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: WEAR YOUR COUNTY COLOURS DAY The county was awash with green and gold on Friday as schools and businesses from tip to toe of the county celebrated the countywide ‘Wear Your County Colours Day’ campaign in support of the 2013 Donegal GAA Senior Football Team Training Fund. Schools and organisations […]
- HISTORIC DAY AT CROKER: BRILLIANT DONEGAL STUN DUBLIN – TWICE! Donegal 3-14 Dublin 0-17 Donegal's senior footballers produced one of their greatest ever performances to defeat "unbeatable" Dublin in their All-Ireland semi-final clash at Croke Park and keep alive the hopes of an historic double for the Tir Chonaill county. Having earlier […]
- IN MEMORY OF MARTINA: PICTURES FROM THE ARDARA CHARITY 10K Live for today. Love for today. Laugh louder today than yesterday. Those are the words of beautiful Tina Maguire before she passed away in January. Here are some pictures from her day in Ardara (thanks John Burke) on Saturday as more than a thousand people went out to raise money […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team. But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that. He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school. Here […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- SAM ON TOUR TODAY – TIMES AND SCHEDULES HERE UPDATED: The team left Carndonagh at 8.25pm. If you are on the route, you can leave updates here on Donegal Daily or on our Facebook page or by sending us a Tweet. Still to stop off at Malin, drive through Urris, stop-off in Buncrana Glenswilly TBC
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN MICHAEL, NEIL AND GARY ARRIVED IN THE GLEN THEY may have been 48 hours later than planned. But the people of Glenswilly GAA club came out in their droves when the Sam Maguire cup finally arrived late last night. Team captain Michael Murphy joined Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden in returning to their home club. And […]
- MORE THAN 2,000 TURN UP TO SMASH WORLD RECORD AT GAA TRAINING SESSION More than 2,000 children and adults have taken part in a world record attempt for the most people at a training session in Letterkenny today. The county is still on a high after winning the All-Ireland last weekend and today’s event at St.Eunan’s Club in Letterkenny was a huge […]
- WHAT A LINE-UP! ALL STAR CELEBRATIONS FOR DONEGAL AS LACEY NAMED PLAYER OF THE YEAR THE Donegal All Stars got their hands on their awards tonight at a glittering ceremony in Dublin. And Donegal defender Karl Lacey was named Footballer of the Year. The centre half-back a 4-time All Star - was superb as Donegal claimed the All-Ireland title and he pipped […]
- CHARLIE CELEBRATES HIS 99TH BIRTHDAY WITH THE SAM MAGUIRE Charlie O'Donnell from Leaconnell, Ardara, is pictured celebrating his 99th birthday at the weekend - with the most famous trophy in the country. Charlie is also pictured with his 90 year old niece Mary Mooney from Brackey Ardara in the company of the Sam Maguire Cup.
- GAA NEWS: MALIN EASTER CAMP GETS UNDER WAY ON WEDNESDAY FIXTURE: Malin V Naomh Muire in Connolly Park, Malin on 10th of April at 3.00pm, reserves at 1.30pm. All support welcome. EASTER CAMP This years Easter camp will take […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: RORY KAVANAGH RETURNS TO SCOIL CHOLMCILLE WITH SAM IT'S not everyone's teacher who wins the Sam Maguire - and then brings it to the school. But that's what Mr Rory Kavanagh did today at the school where he teaches in Letterkenny. Pupils at Scoil Cholmcille - the boys school - formed a guard of honour for Rory and his teammates […]