HE’S Buncrana’s favourite son – and when Ryan Bradley returned to his home town last night more than 10,000 people turned up to welcome him.
The party atmosphere in Inishowen’s largest town was electric.
No wonder Ryan shed a tear.
Click Play on this Wallace Media video to watch
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF A PROUD NIGHT IN GLENSWILLY IT WAS a very proud night for members of the Glenswilly GAA club as they welcomed home Sam to the captain's club. Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden were greeted by family and friends. With thanks to Wallace Media for this video. Click to […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF TEAM IN NEWTOWN-SAM-INGHAM THE victorious Donegal team are on their last leg of an enormous journey across the county. At teatime hundreds of people lined the main street of Newtowncunningham - or Newtown-SAM-ingham - to cheer on the heroes of 2012. We don't know where these boys get […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN RORY TOOK SAM TO SEE GRANNY BEHIND every great player lies a great family. Wives, girlfriends, mums, dads, children, brothers and sisters. And behind all of them are the grandparents who are so proud. So Granny Kavanagh was a very happy woman when grandson Rory brought Sam Maguire and Donegal captain […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DUNFANAGHY PICTURE SPECIAL A HUGE crowd of Donegal fans greeted the Heroes of 2012 when they arrived in Dunfanaghy on Wednesday evening. Local hero Colm McFadden helped carry the Sam Maguire down the main street. And like everywhere else on this remarkable journey across the county - a journey the […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – SEND US YOUR PICTURES SHARE your memories from Donegal's historic tour of the county by sending your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll put them on Ireland's No1 local news website - so Donegal people at home and abroad can see them! Anyone out of bed in Glenties yet? Get ready for Sam's World […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness. For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week! Here's some snaps from Moville. With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN LEONARD MET SAM IN CARN AFTER A TRIP FROM DOWN UNDER THERE was another huge crowd of enthusiastic fans in Carndonagh when the Sam Maguire came calling with the Donegal team. It was a very special moment for Carn man Leonard Harkin (sure aren't they all Harkins up there!) He had travelled all the way from Melbourne in Australia […]
- DDTV – BACK IN DONEGAL THE FANS ARE GOING NUTS! Almost 2,000 fans gathered in Ballyshannon to watch Donegal beat Mayo to take the Sam Maguire back home after 20 years. A large screen was erected in the town's square and fans cheered every score as JIm McGuinness and the boys claimed a second All Ireland. Many thanks to our […]
- DDTV – THE MOMENT SAM SHONE IN THE DIAMOND This is the moment when Four Masters player Paul Durcan stepped off the bus in Donegal Town to an unforgettable welcome from 20,000 fans It may have been raining cats and dogs but nobody cared. Thanks to our friends at Wallace Media for this short, yet absorbing clip from last […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – MILFORD PICTURE SPECIAL Milford may have one of Donegal's narrowest Main Streets but there was standing room only on it when the victorious Donegal football brought Sam to the town. More than 2,500 people crammed into the town to pay tribute to Jim McGuinness and the boys. Local schoolchildren were […]
- DDTV – ACTOR SEAN MCGINLEY LAUNCHES ALLINGHAM ARTS FESTIVAL Renowned Donegal actor Sean McGinley last night launched the Allingham Arts Festival in Ballyshannon. Mr McGinley, who was born in the town, took time out to sing the praises of Ballyshannon, took time out to explain why people should viist the festival this year. With thanks […]
- IRELAND’S NEW GOLF SENSATION HAS A DONEGAL CADDY! GOLF: Ireland's newest golf sensation Paul Dunne has already made an impact on the European tour since turning pro - and he is being guided by a Donegal man! Dunne hit the headline again last week, when he led the Alfred Dunhill Links after two rounds which also seen him hit a […]
- PREMIERSHIP STAR REVEALS HE IS A BIG FAN OF ONLINE DONEGAL SOCCER PAGE! DDTV: Aston Villa star Ciaran Clark has revealed he is a big fan of one of Donegal's most popular social media pages. Soccer Donegal is a Facebook page dedicated exclusively to bringing you all the soccer news as it happens in the county. The page is hugely popular as it gives […]
- SAM ON TOUR – WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE TEAM TODAY It has been ‘sam’ night of celebrations in Donegal Town when the All-Ireland champions officially came home. The party continues again today when the team will travel across the county. The following are provisional times for some towns which will be visited by the team and the […]
- DDTV – THE NORTH-WEST 10K INSPIRES AND MOTIVATES THE PEOPLE OF DONEGAL What a day, what a crowd and what an occasion! Donegal Daily once again got behind the North-West 10K as thousands of euro was raised for deserving charities thanks to more than 2,000 runners and walkers. Letterkenny was alive with people of all ages doing their bit for charity and […]
- DDTV: MICHAEL MURPHY HAS THE X FACTOR AS HE SINGS FOR PETTIGO CROWDS THE people of Pettigo always come out for a Donegal homecoming. But last night was that wee bit more special as the triumphant Donegal team returned to the village with the Sam Maguire. There's a decent video here of some of the event - including a rendition of […]