HE’S Buncrana’s favourite son – and when Ryan Bradley returned to his home town last night more than 10,000 people turned up to welcome him.
The party atmosphere in Inishowen’s largest town was electric.
No wonder Ryan shed a tear.
Click Play on this Wallace Media video to watch
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF A PROUD NIGHT IN GLENSWILLY IT WAS a very proud night for members of the Glenswilly GAA club as they welcomed home Sam to the captain's club. Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden were greeted by family and friends. With thanks to Wallace Media for this video. Click to […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF TEAM IN NEWTOWN-SAM-INGHAM THE victorious Donegal team are on their last leg of an enormous journey across the county. At teatime hundreds of people lined the main street of Newtowncunningham - or Newtown-SAM-ingham - to cheer on the heroes of 2012. We don't know where these boys get […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DUNFANAGHY PICTURE SPECIAL A HUGE crowd of Donegal fans greeted the Heroes of 2012 when they arrived in Dunfanaghy on Wednesday evening. Local hero Colm McFadden helped carry the Sam Maguire down the main street. And like everywhere else on this remarkable journey across the county - a journey the […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness. For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week! Here's some snaps from Moville. With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN LEONARD MET SAM IN CARN AFTER A TRIP FROM DOWN UNDER THERE was another huge crowd of enthusiastic fans in Carndonagh when the Sam Maguire came calling with the Donegal team. It was a very special moment for Carn man Leonard Harkin (sure aren't they all Harkins up there!) He had travelled all the way from Melbourne in Australia […]
- DDTV – THE MOMENT SAM SHONE IN THE DIAMOND This is the moment when Four Masters player Paul Durcan stepped off the bus in Donegal Town to an unforgettable welcome from 20,000 fans It may have been raining cats and dogs but nobody cared. Thanks to our friends at Wallace Media for this short, yet absorbing clip from last […]
- IRELAND’S NEW GOLF SENSATION HAS A DONEGAL CADDY! GOLF: Ireland's newest golf sensation Paul Dunne has already made an impact on the European tour since turning pro - and he is being guided by a Donegal man! Dunne hit the headline again last week, when he led the Alfred Dunhill Links after two rounds which also seen him hit a […]
- PREMIERSHIP STAR REVEALS HE IS A BIG FAN OF ONLINE DONEGAL SOCCER PAGE! DDTV: Aston Villa star Ciaran Clark has revealed he is a big fan of one of Donegal's most popular social media pages. Soccer Donegal is a Facebook page dedicated exclusively to bringing you all the soccer news as it happens in the county. The page is hugely popular as it gives […]
- DDTV – THE NORTH-WEST 10K INSPIRES AND MOTIVATES THE PEOPLE OF DONEGAL What a day, what a crowd and what an occasion! Donegal Daily once again got behind the North-West 10K as thousands of euro was raised for deserving charities thanks to more than 2,000 runners and walkers. Letterkenny was alive with people of all ages doing their bit for charity and […]
- DDTV: MICHAEL MURPHY HAS THE X FACTOR AS HE SINGS FOR PETTIGO CROWDS THE people of Pettigo always come out for a Donegal homecoming. But last night was that wee bit more special as the triumphant Donegal team returned to the village with the Sam Maguire. There's a decent video here of some of the event - including a rendition of […]
- JIM’S PROMISE TO DONEGAL CHILDREN: ‘WE’LL TAKE SAM INTO EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY’ DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks. And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show. The […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – FANAD PICTURES THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome. Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more? Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad. You can send yours to email@example.com
- GAA: RYAN’S RETURN AS BUNCRANA BEAT BURT IN DERBY GAME COUNTY STAR RYAN Bradley recovered from the World Tour of Donegal with Sam to come on as a sub as club team Buncrana saw off Burt. The seasiders had five points to spare in the end. And Ryan got a huge reception from fans of both clubs when he replaced Michael Gallagher. Said […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team. But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that. He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school. Here […]
- TIDY TOWNS HOMECOMING TOLD ‘WE DON’T HAVE SAM BUT WE HAVE OUR ALL-IRELAND’ 'We may not have taken home the Sam Maguire but we have our All-Ireland.' Those were the words of chairman of Donegal County Council, Cllr Ciaran Brogan tonight as he welcomed home the members of Letterkenny's Tidy Towns Committee. Ann McGowan and her team arrived home to a […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: DDTV – THE EXPERTS GIVE THEIR VERDICTS AT DONEGAL DAILY FORUM It was all GAA and less cabaret. Some of the country's best-known pundits were guests of Donegal Daily and St Eunan's GAA Club at a packed All-Ireland forum at the Mount Errigal Hotel in Letterkenny this week. The panel spent more than two hours answering questions about […]