Rory Kavanagh, Kevin Rafferty and Frank McGlynn will be at O’Donnell Park this Saturday for a GAA World Record Attempt.
The All-Ireland heroes will be bringing along the Sam Maguire for the occasion.
Children and adults from throughout the county are invited to the event which is an attempt to have the largest ever GAA coaching session.
The day is also packed with fun activities for all the kids.
Full Details are below:
World Record Attempt for largest G.A.A Coaching Session Ever held
Details for World Record Attempt Saturday 29th September 2012
11am: Gates open
●One gate will be for registered schools only (ie: Pre signatured and pre paid children of event) Children will be told what zone to go to for the event as they come through turnstile.
●2 X gates for non-registered people.
All persons entering this turnstile will obtain their stick on numbers and can sign the official attendance sheet at other side of turnstile. Participants will be told what zone to go to for event at turnstile.
●We are asking adults to put in a voluntary donation to cash buckets on turnstile and for children to pay a nominal amount too on turnstile.
12 noon: Record attempt begins and a hooter will sound.
All persons will take part in skills of Gaelic Football, Hurling and Camogie for 45 minutes and a hooter will sound to officially end the World Record Attempt.
12.45pm: All participants will come around to main stand for an official photograph.
1pm: Sam Maguire will be led out onto main pitch by Rory Kavanagh, Kevin Rafferty and Frank Mc Glynn. Few short speeches will take place.
1.20pm: Novelty Races and BBQ, Face painting and photographs for Sam will take place then
** Please note it is only photographs that players will remain sitting for, in tunnel area of stand and please co-operate with stewards as the players have had a very long week and are happy to remain for photo’s as long as it is in an orderly fashion. Queues for face painting and BBQ and shop will similarly run and ask all participants to respect this.
2.30pm: Sam will leave O’Donnell Park.
Medals for winners of races will be presented to all children as races happen.
Races @ 1.20pm
3 legged Races
Egg and Spoon Races
All races will be at U-6, U-8, U-10, U-12, U-14, U-16 and minor level.
Children to stand at their age group sign and await starter’s orders.
More from Donegal Daily
- CIVIC RECEPTION FOR DONEGAL’S ALL-IRELAND CHAMPIONS TONIGHT The Donegal Team and Management will be honoured at a civic reception in the County House Lifford tonight (FRI) at 8.30pm.
The honour is in recognition of their achievements including winning the Ulster Championship back to back in 2011 and 2012 and the 2012 all-Ireland final in Croke […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL
He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team.
But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that.
He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school.
- PICTURE SPECIAL: RORY KAVANAGH RETURNS TO SCOIL CHOLMCILLE WITH SAM
IT'S not everyone's teacher who wins the Sam Maguire - and then brings it to the school.
But that's what Mr Rory Kavanagh did today at the school where he teaches in Letterkenny.
Pupils at Scoil Cholmcille - the boys school - formed a guard of honour for Rory and his teammates […]
- JIM’S PROMISE TO DONEGAL CHILDREN: ‘WE’LL TAKE SAM INTO EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY’
DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks.
And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show.
- ALL ROADS LEAD TO O’DONNELL PARK FOR FRIDAY’S DONEGAL GAA OPEN NIGHT Donegal GAA Open Night – Oíche Oscailte CLG Dhún na nGall
FRIDAY EVENING at O'Donnell Park promises to be eventful as Donegal GAA holds its open night.
All the details are below - as the county's senior men's team, senior ladies team and the hurlers arrive in Letterkenny to meet […]
- GAA: FAN’S CRITICISM OF DONEGAL’S HOTEL STAY BELOW is a letter sent to the Irish Independent by GAA fan John Cuffe, in which he comments on a different age in the game....
"So Donegal needed to stay in a luxury hotel before playing Derry. Donegal to Clones is not to be equated with a trip in the Australian outback. How things […]
- GAA: NAOMH COLMCILLE GAA CLUB NEWS The senior panel’s fitness program continues on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Motiv8 gym in Letterkenny at 8:00 pm. Bring €5 for the session.
The coaching session scheduled for underage coaches for last Saturday (19th January) had to be deferred to a future date (still to be […]
- ST EUNAN’S COLLEGE CROWNED MacLARNON CUP CHAMPS AFTER DERBY WIN OVER INIS EOGHAIN ST EUNAN'S College lifted the MacLarnon Cup in an historic St Patrick's Day derby final against Coláistí Inis Eoghain in Armagh today.
The excellent Niall O'Donnell won a crucial penalty in the dying embers of the game before adding a point himself to see the Letterkenny college […]
- SAM MAGUIRE TO ATTEND DONEGAL DERBY IN RANNAFAST CUP QUARTER FINAL Danske Bank Rannafast Cup Quarter Final, Wed Oct 24th at 4pm
Colaisti Inis Eoghain v St Eunans College, At Hibernian Park, Burt.
The arrival of one Sam Maguire and the eagerly awaited meeting of Colaisti Inis Eoghain and St Eunans has generated a lot of interest among GAA supporters in […]
- DERRY TRY TO UPSTAGE DONEGAL WITH MASSIVE OUTSIDE BROADCAST OF ALL-IRELAND FINAL DERRY is set to try to upstage Co Donegal - by allowing fans to come together for a massive outside broadcast of the All-Ireland final.
With no such venues here in the county, council officials in Derry City are hoping to lure thousands of GAA fans into the city on Sunday […]
- GAA COACH RORY: WHY I’M BACKING SEAN QUINN AND HIS FAMILY DONEGAL'S assistant coach Rory Gallagher has spoken about the reasons why he spoke on Sunday evening at a rally in support of former billionaire Sean Quinn.
Up to 8,000 people cheered when Gallagher, a Fermanagh native, was introduced to them in Ballyconnell, Co Cavan, as the man who […]
- CELEBRATE SAM DAY AT THE MOUNT ERRIGAL HOTEL
A Celebrate Sam Day will take place at the Mount Errigal Hotel Letterkenny this Thursday 18th April from 12- 8pm.
The county board have a number of goals they want to achieve with this project.
"It's a chance to give as many people as possible the opportunity to have a top […]
- SAM COMES TO LORETO COMMUNITY SCHOOL, MILFORD – PIC SPECIAL The Sam Maguire cup stopped in at Loreto Community School Milford as he continues his non stop tour of schools across the county. Donegal star Martin McElhinney brought Sam to the students and staff at Loreto School.
- FULL TIME ALL-IRELAND FINAL – WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MO CHARA!!
IT maybe for four days to Arthur's Day, but Sunday, September 23, 2012 will go down in the history of the GAA as 'Jimmy's Day'.
So let's raise a glass of the black stuff to Jimmy McGuinness who has nutured and trained his Donegal team into a fine group of true warriors […]
- “WE WANTED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD TO BRING BACK SAM” – McGUINNESS
One very important passenger may have been missing from their entourage as Donegal GAA manager Jim McGuinness and his team returned home tonight.
But even without the Sam Maguire cup, an estimated crowd of more than 5,000 people thronged The Diamond in Donegal Town to welcome […]
- NAOMH COLMCILLE TO HOST JUNIOR STRICTLY COME DANCING FUNDRAISER
The seniors lost out to a very strong Realt na Mara side in the Intermediate Final at O'Donnell Park on Sunday. The Bundoran side opened the scoring in the first minute and continued to extend their lead as the match progressed. Although the day didn't go as we hoped, credit to […]
- NORTH WEST 10K PICTURE SPECIAL – EVEN SAM MAGUIRE IS THERE!
THOUSANDS of runners and walkers have taken part in today's North West 10k in Letterkenny - and even Sam Maguire put in an appearance.
The prestigious event, sponsored this year by Brian McCormick Sports and Donegal Daily, had more than 3,000 entrants.
Many did it for 'times' - […]
- ‘THE BATTLE OF THE HILLS’ OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED FOR SOCCER STAR MCHUGH
Yesterday we revealed how All-Ireland champions Donegal face their stiffest challenge yet on Friday-week, November 23rd - when the Sam Maguire winners cross the sporting codes for a game with a difference!
"The Battle of the Hills" sees the Donegal squad take on a Finn Harps […]
- ST EUNAN’S CROWNED COUNTY CHAMPIONS AS GOALS WIN OUT OVER NAOMH CONAILL ST EUNAN'S are Minor A Football Champions 2015 after a 3-06 to 0-12 win over Naomh Conaill.
BUT anyone at Mac Cumhaill Park this afternoon who thought this game was done and dusted at half-time didn't count on the tenacity of Naomh Conaill in a cracking county minor final.
- GAA CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND-UP: ST EUNAN’S SEND NAOMH CONAILL OUT NOAMH Conaill are out of the 2013 RnaG County Championship after losing at O'Donnell Park to host and holders St Eunan's on Saturday night.
Malin's comprehensive 2-16 to 0-01 win over Cloughaneely was the other nail in the coffin of the Glenties side.
St Eunan's led by ten points […]