Rory Kavanagh, Kevin Rafferty and Frank McGlynn will be at O’Donnell Park this Saturday for a GAA World Record Attempt.
The All-Ireland heroes will be bringing along the Sam Maguire for the occasion.
Children and adults from throughout the county are invited to the event which is an attempt to have the largest ever GAA coaching session.
The day is also packed with fun activities for all the kids.
Full Details are below:
World Record Attempt for largest G.A.A Coaching Session Ever held
Details for World Record Attempt Saturday 29th September 2012
11am: Gates open
●One gate will be for registered schools only (ie: Pre signatured and pre paid children of event) Children will be told what zone to go to for the event as they come through turnstile.
●2 X gates for non-registered people.
All persons entering this turnstile will obtain their stick on numbers and can sign the official attendance sheet at other side of turnstile. Participants will be told what zone to go to for event at turnstile.
●We are asking adults to put in a voluntary donation to cash buckets on turnstile and for children to pay a nominal amount too on turnstile.
12 noon: Record attempt begins and a hooter will sound.
All persons will take part in skills of Gaelic Football, Hurling and Camogie for 45 minutes and a hooter will sound to officially end the World Record Attempt.
12.45pm: All participants will come around to main stand for an official photograph.
1pm: Sam Maguire will be led out onto main pitch by Rory Kavanagh, Kevin Rafferty and Frank Mc Glynn. Few short speeches will take place.
1.20pm: Novelty Races and BBQ, Face painting and photographs for Sam will take place then
** Please note it is only photographs that players will remain sitting for, in tunnel area of stand and please co-operate with stewards as the players have had a very long week and are happy to remain for photo’s as long as it is in an orderly fashion. Queues for face painting and BBQ and shop will similarly run and ask all participants to respect this.
2.30pm: Sam will leave O’Donnell Park.
Medals for winners of races will be presented to all children as races happen.
Races @ 1.20pm
3 legged Races
Egg and Spoon Races
All races will be at U-6, U-8, U-10, U-12, U-14, U-16 and minor level.
Children to stand at their age group sign and await starter’s orders.
More from Donegal Daily
- MORE THAN 2,000 TURN UP TO SMASH WORLD RECORD AT GAA TRAINING SESSION More than 2,000 children and adults have taken part in a world record attempt for the most people at a training session in Letterkenny today.
The county is still on a high after winning the All-Ireland last weekend and today’s event at St.Eunan’s Club in Letterkenny was a huge […]
- CIVIC RECEPTION FOR DONEGAL’S ALL-IRELAND CHAMPIONS TONIGHT The Donegal Team and Management will be honoured at a civic reception in the County House Lifford tonight (FRI) at 8.30pm.
The honour is in recognition of their achievements including winning the Ulster Championship back to back in 2011 and 2012 and the 2012 all-Ireland final in Croke […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL
He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team.
But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that.
He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school.
- NO SURPRISES AS JIM McGUINNESS IS NAMED DONEGAL PERSON OF THE YEAR BY DUBLIN ASSOCIATION THE DONEGAL Association in Dublin has named Jim McGuinness as its Person of the Year - in one of the least surprising winners of the coveted award.
Run by Dublin-based people from the county, the Donegal manager had been hot favourite to pick up the gong.
McGuinness said he was […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: RORY KAVANAGH RETURNS TO SCOIL CHOLMCILLE WITH SAM
IT'S not everyone's teacher who wins the Sam Maguire - and then brings it to the school.
But that's what Mr Rory Kavanagh did today at the school where he teaches in Letterkenny.
Pupils at Scoil Cholmcille - the boys school - formed a guard of honour for Rory and his teammates […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: ST EUNAN’S GAA CLUB MINOR PRESENTATION NIGHT JUDGING by the number of trophies picked up by the girls and boys on the youth teams at St Eunan's GAA club, it was a very successful year.
And the club's All-Ireland winning heroes Kevin Rafferty and Rory Kavanagh were on hand with the Sam Maguire at the Minor Board dinner at the […]
- GAA: ST EUNAN’S GAA CLUB NEWS Well done to Rory and Kevin. It will be a day in their lives to cherish forever. Rory gave a fantastic display at centre field while Kevin’s year has unfortunately been blighted by injury or we are sure he would have had a big part to play too.
An e-mail was sent earlier […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN RORY TOOK SAM TO SEE GRANNY
BEHIND every great player lies a great family.
Wives, girlfriends, mums, dads, children, brothers and sisters.
And behind all of them are the grandparents who are so proud.
So Granny Kavanagh was a very happy woman when grandson Rory brought Sam Maguire and Donegal captain […]
- GAA NEWS: BUNCRANA CLUB NOTES AGM: Buncrana GAA will hold its Executive Annual General Meeting on Sunday 25th November 2012 in the Club House at 5pm.
Sam Maguire Photographs: Photographs of the Sam Maguire taken in the Plaza on Sunday 28th October by Angela Tourish can now be collected. Please phone 0863068662 to […]
- GAA: ST EUNAN’S LETTERKENNY GAA CLUB NEWS The Minor Board Presentation takes place in the Mt. Errigal Hotel this Sunday, January 20th between 5pm and 8pm. Tickets are priced at €12 for children; €17 for adults with a family ticket (2 adults + 2 children) for €50. Special guests will be Rory Kavanagh, Kevin Rafferty and Sam […]
- GAA NEWS: SCHOOLS GAA NOTES Affiliation Forms:
Teachers are kindly asked to check their emails and to forward on any affiliation forms along with relevant monies to the county secretary as soon as possible as the calendar of events is due to commence shortly. Any schools who havent affiliated before and would […]
- GAA: ST EUNAN’S GAA CLUB NEWS A very successful Minor Board Presentation Night was held in the Mt. Errigal Hotel on Sunday.
Special thanks to Rory Kavanagh and Kevin Rafferty for coming along with Sam Maguire. There was over 300 in attendance to celebrate what was another hugely successful year for the Minor […]
- COUNCIL TO GIVE DONEGAL TEAM A CIVIC RECEPTION The Mayor of Donegal Cllr. Frank McBrearty Jnr is to propose that Donegal County Council host a civic reception for the Donegal Team, including the Management team and representatives of the County Board.
The Mayor will bring this proposal to the next meeting of the Council in October […]
- MAYOR WISHES DONEGAL GOOD LUCK FOR BIG GAME The Mayor of Donegal Cllr. Frank McBrearty, on behalf of the elected members, management and staff of Donegal County Council would like to wish Jim McGuinness and the Donegal team all the best for their all Ireland final next Sunday.
Speaking after Monday's Council meeting the Mayor […]
- JIM’S PROMISE TO DONEGAL CHILDREN: ‘WE’LL TAKE SAM INTO EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY’
DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks.
And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show.
- RORY KAVANAGH: WINNING SAM HAS LIFTED THE BURDEN OFF DONEGAL PLAYERS Donegal star Rory Kavanagh has said that winning the Sam Maguire in September has "lifted the burden" off Donegal players as all attention focuses back on the Donegal panel ahead of their mouth watering clash with Tyrone on Sunday week.
The St.Eunans man has said he sees the defense […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: DDTV – THE EXPERTS GIVE THEIR VERDICTS AT DONEGAL DAILY FORUM
It was all GAA and less cabaret.
Some of the country's best-known pundits were guests of Donegal Daily and St Eunan's GAA Club at a packed All-Ireland forum at the Mount Errigal Hotel in Letterkenny this week.
The panel spent more than two hours answering questions about […]
- ALL ROADS LEAD TO O’DONNELL PARK FOR FRIDAY’S DONEGAL GAA OPEN NIGHT Donegal GAA Open Night – Oíche Oscailte CLG Dhún na nGall
FRIDAY EVENING at O'Donnell Park promises to be eventful as Donegal GAA holds its open night.
All the details are below - as the county's senior men's team, senior ladies team and the hurlers arrive in Letterkenny to meet […]
- GAA: BUNCRANA GAA CLUB NEWS Buncrana GAA Notes For Week Ending Sunday 4th November
AGM: Buncrana GAA will hold its Executive Annual General Meeting on Sunday 25th November 2012 in the Club House at 5pm. Please forward any nomination for Club Executive positions and any motions to Pauline […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR ARRIVES IN CHICAGO THE WORLD tour of Sam has arrived in Chicago.
And hundreds of ex-pat Donegal folk were out in force to see Sam Maguire and the Donegal players during a whirlwind tour of the USA.
Said Kevin Hegarty - formerly of the parish of Kilcar: "It was a great night. So proud of the boys and […]