The controversy surrounding the Donegal team’s brief appearance on RTE’s Late Late Show has been reignited by one of Ireland’s top broadcasters.
Well-known and hugely respected former UTV sports commentator Adrian Logan has branded the interview a disgrace.
Logan, affectionately known as Logie, tweeted that RTE should forget about interviewing All-Ireland champions if this was the best they could do.
He tweeted “Ryan Tubridy’s so-called interview with Donegal was a disgrace. If that’s the best he and RTE can do then forget about it.”
Many of Donegal’s army of fans are outraged after their team’s very brief appearance on RTE’s Late Late Show.
The team made the 300 mile round-trip on Friday for the show but were only given a little more than four minutes of television time by host Ryan Tubridy.
The RTE appearance came after the team had completed a marathon four day bus journey across Donegal visiting most of its towns and village with the Sam Maguire Cup.
Captain Michael Murphy and manager Jim McGuinness were interviewed on the floor of the RTE studio with the entire team behind them.
However this compares to a full fourteen minute sit-down interview with last year’s champions Dublin.
Fans have jammed social media sites complaining about the Donegal side’s treatment.
While none of the Donegal team or management have expressed an opinion on the rapid appearance, many of their fans are annoyed.
More from Donegal Daily
- WHEN CONAL MET RYAN……. Donegal comedian Conal Gallen fulfilled a dream for Ryan Tubridy last Friday night when he appeared on the Late Late Show!
The Ballybofey man and self-confirmed old school comic brought a bit of fun to the RTE studios.
And just for another bit of fun, Conal also posted some […]
- IT’S ALL DOWNHILL FOR SALLY AFTER SCOOPING SKI HOLIDAY! Late Late Show host Ryan Tubridy may have pronounced her name wrong.
But there was no doubting there was only one Sally Blake whose name was picked from the audience on last night’s show.
The well-known Letterkenny woman and arguably one of Daniel O’Donnell’s fans, had been invited […]
- TV DOCUMENTARY TRIBUTE TO THE GREAT BRIDIE GALLAGHER UTV is set to film a documentary tribute to one of Donegal's most famous singers - the brilliant Bridie Gallagher.
Bridie, known professionally as The Girl from Donegal shot to fame in 1956 with her recording of ‘A Mother’s Love’s a Blessing’.
Picture This Productions are currently […]
- DANIEL AND MAJELLA’S B&B TRAVEL SHOW SET TO HIT AMERICA!
DANIEL and Majella O’Donnell’s hit UTV travel show has been snapped up by a US TV Network.
Their B&B Road Trip - which they came up with - will be show on the PBS Channel.
And it's also going to be shown in Britain.
The show sees the O'Donnells visit B&Bs around […]
- STUNNING PICTURE OF FANAD HEAD WINS SNAPPER TOP UTV PRIZE
THIS absolutely stunning picture of Fanad Lighthouse has helped win a photographer a top prize.
Ronan Daly, from Derry, has been named UTV's Lesser Spotted Snapper of the Year.
His midnight image - taken in October - came out top of the pile.
The competition, which […]
- DONEGAL MAN WINS €10,000 AND GARTH BROOKS TICKETS ON LATE LATE SHOW ONE Garth Brooks fan is very happy indeed!
Donegal man Paul McDaid was over the moon when Ryan Tubridy called him on the Late Late Show tonight - to tell him he'd won the show's phone-in competition.
Buncrana man Paul gets his hands on two tickets to Garth Brooks - and €10,000 in […]
- FIVE DONEGAL PLAYERS NAMED ON ‘SUNDAY GAME’ TEAM OF THE YEAR FIVE DONEGAL players have been named on The Sunday Game 'Team of the Year'.
Five others from Kerry, three from Mayo and two from Dublin made up the rest of the line-up
Paul Durcan was named as goalkeeper, with centre back going to Neil McGee.
The brilliant Neil Gallagher was […]
- DONEGAL RELATIONS TOAST EUROVISION ENTRY WINNER RYAN His granny is from Glenswilly and he has many close relations across Donegal.
Strabane singer Ryan Dolan can now count on the support of Eurovision Song Contest fans from Donegal when he represents Ireland in the contest in Malmo, Sweden.
Ryan was chosen as the winner of the Late […]
- DONEGAL SCHOOL SPELLS OUT ITS SECRET TO SUCCESS WITH €15,000 LIBRARY WIN A Letterkenny school has 'spelt' out its success after winning a national spelling competition and claiming €15,000 worth of books in the process.
Illistrin National School was one of just 12 schools to be shortlisted form more than 500 around the country to take part in the Eason […]
- DANIEL BREAKS DOWN ON LATE LATE AS HE RECALLS MAJELLA’S BATTLE WITH CANCER
Daniel O’Donnell broke down in tears on the Late Late Show as he spoke about his wife Majella’s battle with cancer.
The normally ice-cool singer was overcome with emotion as he recounted the moment he realised his wife’s cancer was for real.
Daniel, 51, said he was watching […]
- DDTV: RTE STAR TUBRIDY REVEALS WHY HE JUST LOVES JIM McGUINNESS!
RTE star Ryan Tubridy is a huge fan of Jim McGuinness.
He took time out at this week's Web Summit in Dublin to tell Shane Wallace of DonegalTV of his admiration for the Glenties man, about his recent country music special and what the Late Late Toy Show has in store for […]
- JOE BROLLY: SUNDAY GAME ANALYSTS ARE LIKE SHEEP FOR SNUBBING MICHAEL MURPHY DERRY All-Ireland winner and GAA pundit Joe Brolly has slammed his fellow Sunday Game panellists, saying they haven't a clue when it comes to picking the best players of the year.
Brolly says the pundits fail to consider the treble-marking dished out to players like Michael Murphy and […]
- DONEGAL BOSS SLAMS THOSE WHO LABEL HIM ‘ANTI-FOOTBALL’ Proud Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has slammed those who have labeled him as “anti-football.”
The Donegal defensive display against Dublin was strongly criticised by members of RTE’s commentary team especially former Kerry player Pat Spillane.
Some of the panel even called it […]
- JIMMY’S WINNING MATCHES AT CELTIC – MCGUINNESS PART OF MANAGEMENT STAFF FOR FIVE-STAR VICTORY
Jim McGuinness took his place on the bench alongside Celtic manager Ronnie Delia for Celtic's 5-0 victory over Ross County earlier this afternoon.
His presence on the bench signifies the central role he's now having with the first-team at Celtic Park.
One of Delia's first moves […]
- JIM MCGUINNESS TO APPEAR ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT SHOW THIS WEEKEND
Jim McGuinness will give his first interview since stepping down as Donegal manager on RTE's Saturday Night Show hosted by Brendan O'Connor.
McGuinness has remained tight lipped following his departure as manager almost a fortnight ago.
McGuinness presided over the most […]
- IT COULD BE A WHITE NEW YEAR! SNOW ON THE WAY, SAY FORECASTERS ANOTHER MASSIVE storm could be on the way to Co Donegal early next week - with a huge snowfall at the centre of it.
It will be very mild today, Saturday, with temperatures reaching 13C in some places of Ireland. However it will be very windy with gales and heavy rain showers.
- DONEGAL TEACHER SPARKS UNIQUE TV PROJECT ON LOST SOLDIERS
A Donegal teacher has sparked a project which led to an RTÉ Nationwide special entitled “Writing Irish soldiers back into history.”
The unique project ‘My Adopted Soldier’ was created by Glenties teacher Gerry Moore and will be shown on Monday 9th and Wednesday 11th November at […]
- REVEALED: COUNCIL LAUNCHES PROBE INTO CLLR O’DONNELL
DONEGAL County Council has launched an investigation into Cllr John O'Donnell after an RTE investigation into him was broadcast last night.
The council says it is examining the contents of the TV programme "as an issue of urgency and priority".
Cllr O'Donnell could be see […]
- PADDY IS STILL MAKING HIS ‘VOICE’ HEARD DESPITE CLOSE CALL Donegal singer Paddy Molloy is still giving it socks on RTE’s The Voice.
The Glenties man got a bit of a shock tonight when he didn’t get the vote from Kian Egan’s group to go through to the next round.
Not even his number one fan Jamelia could help get him over the […]
- FANCY BEING PART OF RTE’S EXCITING NEW SPORTS QUIZ SHOW? Calling all sports teams, supporters and clubs around Donegal – RTE needs your help!
A brand new television sports quiz called ‘Put ‘Em Under Pressure’ is due to hit our screens in September on RTE 1.
The show sees two teas of famous sports stars and pundits go head-to-head […]