The controversy surrounding the Donegal team’s brief appearance on RTE’s Late Late Show has been reignited by one of Ireland’s top broadcasters.
Well-known and hugely respected former UTV sports commentator Adrian Logan has branded the interview a disgrace.
Logan, affectionately known as Logie, tweeted that RTE should forget about interviewing All-Ireland champions if this was the best they could do.
He tweeted “Ryan Tubridy’s so-called interview with Donegal was a disgrace. If that’s the best he and RTE can do then forget about it.”
Many of Donegal’s army of fans are outraged after their team’s very brief appearance on RTE’s Late Late Show.
The team made the 300 mile round-trip on Friday for the show but were only given a little more than four minutes of television time by host Ryan Tubridy.
The RTE appearance came after the team had completed a marathon four day bus journey across Donegal visiting most of its towns and village with the Sam Maguire Cup.
Captain Michael Murphy and manager Jim McGuinness were interviewed on the floor of the RTE studio with the entire team behind them.
However this compares to a full fourteen minute sit-down interview with last year’s champions Dublin.
Fans have jammed social media sites complaining about the Donegal side’s treatment.
While none of the Donegal team or management have expressed an opinion on the rapid appearance, many of their fans are annoyed.
More from Donegal Daily
- POIGNANT MOMENT AS BUNCRANA MAN WINS €25,000 ON LATE LATE SHOW
A Buncrana man has struck a chord with the nation after he was chosen randomly as the winner of the Late Late Show cash prize of €25,000.
The man, known as John Boy, was telephoned by chat-show host Ryan Tubridy who did not even know the winner was from Co Donegal.
- DANIEL AND MAJELLA LOOKING FOR A B&B AGAIN!
DANIEL and Majella’s B&B Road Trip is back for a second series - but they are moving from UTV to RTE.
Due on air later this year, the producers are calling on B&B owners to take part in the show, which follows Daniel O’Donnell and his wife as they travel around […]
- DANIEL AND COUNTRY PALS SPARK BIGGEST LATE LATE AUDIENCE OF YEAR
Friday's country special edition of The Late Late Show sparked the hit show’s biggest audience so far this year.
An average of 707,400 people were watching at any one point to see performances by stalwarts of the Irish country scene including our own Daniel O'Donnell.
RTÉ has […]
- THE LATE LATE SHOW – AS SPONSORED BY DONEGAL! Liberty Insurance may sponsor The Late Late Show but last night it was Donegal which brought the country’s most popular television show to the nation.
Even presenter Ryan Tubridy admitted it appeared as if the show had been sponsored by the men and women from Tir Chonail.
- RTE STAR TUBRIDY TO HAVE A MINI ‘STAYCATION’ IN DONEGAL! RTE star Ryan Tubridy is on his way to Donegal.
The Late Late Show presenter is heading to Dunfanaghy for a special feature on the Wild Atlantic Way.
'Tubridy’s Wild Atlantic Way Adventure' will roll into the busy seaside village on Wednesday week, June 10th.
The presenter will […]
- ANOTHER DONEGAL VIEWER IS LATE LATE SHOW WINNER! Donegal again won big on The Late Late Show last night.
Yet another caller from the county scooped the big quiz prize on the country's most popular chat show.
This time it was the turn of Cathy Walsh.
Even host Ryan Tubridy once again remarked that YET another winner had come […]
- DANIEL TO GET SPECIAL LATE LATE TRIBUTE TO CELEBRATE SHOWBIZ CAREER SHOWBIZ EXCLUSIVE: Daniel O’Donnell is to be given a special Late Late Show tribute to celebrate his career and 50th birthday!
Donegaldaily.com understands the millionaire entertainer will join Ryan Tubridy on the RTE show which comes just three days before his milestone birthday on […]
- IT’S ALL DOWNHILL FOR SALLY AFTER SCOOPING SKI HOLIDAY! Late Late Show host Ryan Tubridy may have pronounced her name wrong.
But there was no doubting there was only one Sally Blake whose name was picked from the audience on last night’s show.
The well-known Letterkenny woman and arguably one of Daniel O’Donnell’s fans, had been invited […]
- WHEN CONAL MET RYAN……. Donegal comedian Conal Gallen fulfilled a dream for Ryan Tubridy last Friday night when he appeared on the Late Late Show!
The Ballybofey man and self-confirmed old school comic brought a bit of fun to the RTE studios.
And just for another bit of fun, Conal also posted some […]
- RYAN TUBRIDY VOWS TO BRING POPULAR RADIO SHOW TO BUNCRANA BROADCASTER Ryan Tubridy vowed today to bring his popular RTE Radio One show to Buncrana following the tragedy there last month.
Tubridy was speaking on his show today as he asked people to make suggestions as to where his annual tour of Ireland should go.
He was asking for […]
- DONEGAL MAN PLANS TO DUMP HIS 2001 ‘BANGER’ AFTER WINNING €20K ON LATE LATE A Donegal man plans to swap his 12 year old banger for a newer model after scooping €20,000 on RTE’s Late Late Show last night.
Art O’Brien admitted he was still in shock when host Ryan Tubridy called him at home.
The Donegal man guessed St Valentine as the correct answer to last […]
- RTE STAR TUBRIDY KEEPS HIS PROMISE TO VISIT BUNCRANA The Ryan Tubridy Show set to tour The Wild Atlantic Way and the RTE star has kept his promise to visit Buncrana.
The Ryan Tubridy Show has joined once again this year with Fáilte Ireland’s summer marketing campaign and will be broadcasting live with RTE Radio 1.
Last month the RTE […]
- REVEALED: THE GIRL FROM THE NORTH-WEST ABOUT TO STUN X-FACTOR JUDGES
She’s only a stone’s throw from Donegal but one Co Tyrone girl is set to hit the big time when she appears on the X-Factor auditions tonight.
The show that makes ordinary singers overnight stars is back on our screens tonight as Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh go in search for […]
- SHAY TO TELL ALL ON TONIGHT’S LATE LATE SHOW Donegal soccer star Shay Given will give his opinion on how Ireland is going to do at Euro 2012 when he appears on RTE's Late Late Show tonight.
The Lifford man, the highest capped player on the team with 121 games to date, will be one of the main guests on the show.
Shay’s family […]
- RYAN TUBRIDY GETS HIS WILD ATLANTIC WAY PASSPORT STAMPED AHEAD OF DONEGAL TOUR
RTE star Ryan Tubridy has got his Wild Atlantic Way passport stamped in Donegal today ahead of his week-long trip along the popular visitor attraction.
Tubs had promised to start his week-long morning radio show tour of the west coast in Buncrana following the horrific tragedy at […]
- TV DOCUMENTARY TRIBUTE TO THE GREAT BRIDIE GALLAGHER UTV is set to film a documentary tribute to one of Donegal's most famous singers - the brilliant Bridie Gallagher.
Bridie, known professionally as The Girl from Donegal shot to fame in 1956 with her recording of ‘A Mother’s Love’s a Blessing’.
Picture This Productions are currently […]
- DANIEL AND MAJELLA’S B&B TRAVEL SHOW SET TO HIT AMERICA!
DANIEL and Majella O’Donnell’s hit UTV travel show has been snapped up by a US TV Network.
Their B&B Road Trip - which they came up with - will be show on the PBS Channel.
And it's also going to be shown in Britain.
The show sees the O'Donnells visit B&Bs around […]
- RTE CALL IT EMBARRASSING BUT DONEGAL OVERCOME ANTRIM IN ULSTER CHAMPIONSHIP RTE pundits Colm O’Rourke and Joe Brolly may have called it ‘puke football’ and ‘embarrassing’ but Donegal picked up their first Ulster Championship win for four years at MacCumhaill Park in Ballybofey this afternoon.
Just over 5,000 fans braved the elements to watch what turned out […]
- STUNNING PICTURE OF FANAD HEAD WINS SNAPPER TOP UTV PRIZE
THIS absolutely stunning picture of Fanad Lighthouse has helped win a photographer a top prize.
Ronan Daly, from Derry, has been named UTV's Lesser Spotted Snapper of the Year.
His midnight image - taken in October - came out top of the pile.
The competition, which […]
- CANCER BATTLER MAJELLA TO SHAVE HAIR LIVE ON LATE LATE SHOW Majella O’Donnell is to shave her hair live on The Late Late Show in aid of charity this Friday.
In an exclusive interview following her diagnosis with breast cancer, Majella O’Donnell will tell her story to Ryan Tubridy.
Majella, wife of singer Daniel O'Donnell, also plans to […]