All are singing off the same hymn sheet and all togged out exactly the same – or are they?
A number of Donegal Daily readers have contacted the site asking us why Karl Lacey is wearing different shorts than the rest of the team.
The answer is we don’t know.
Perhaps it was just a mistake or was it another of Jim McGuinness’ tactical plans?
Anybody who has any inside information on the secret of the shorts can let us know!
More from Donegal Daily
- MURPHY – “LACEY WAS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL” Michael Murphy has lauded Karl Lacey for his sensational performance for Donegal in their Ulster SFC quarter-final win over local rivals Derry. The Donegal captain described Lacey's performance as 'phenomenal' and believes he has overcome the injuries that dogged his 2013 […]
- DONEGAL TEAM CLEAN UP ON SUNDAY GAME TEAM OF THE YEAR Eight Donegal players have been named on RTE’s Sunday Game Team of the Year. The players are Paul Durcan, Neil Magee, Frank McGlynn, Karl Lacey, Mark McHugh, Neil Gallagher, Colm McFadden and Michael Murphy. Michael Murphy was named as today’s Man of the Match. The Sunday Game’s […]
- KARL LACEY REVEALS DONEGAL STAYED CALM AT HALF-TIME Karl Lacey said Donegal remained calm at half-time in their Ulster SFC quarter-final clash with Derry, despite the fact they went in at the interval trailing by two points, after an ineffective opening 35 minutes. Some suggested McGuinness must have read the riot act to his […]
- J.J REID MOTORS GIVE AN ALL-STAR CAR TO AN ALL-STAR PLAYER J.J Reid Motors gave Karl Lacey his new Volkswagen Golf Bluemotion car last week, and the four time All-Star endorsed the quality vehicles on offer at J.J Reid Motors situated on the Canal Road. You can check out the video of Karl collecting his new Volkswagen Golf […]
- LACEY PUTS CAREER ON HOLD TO FOCUS 100% ON CHAMPIONSHIP WITH DONEGAL Karl Lacey is putting his professional career on hold for the next few months as he aims to dedicate himself entirely to Donegal's championship campaign. Lacey is a former employee of Ulster Bank but quit his job to undertake a Masters Degree in Sports Science at the University […]
- JIM’S ARMY DESCEND ON CROKER AS SEARCH TO REGAIN SAM HOTS UP The sandwiches are made. The jerseys are ironed and the diesel is in the car. Let the journey begin! More than 20,000 Donegal fans head to Croke Park today for the serious end of the All-Ireland championship. It’s ‘do or die’ for Jim McGuinness’ men as they look to dispose of […]
- HOW I ALMOST ENDED UP ON THE GAA BUS TO DONEGAL – DAITHI O SE RTE star Daithi O Se has revealed how he almost ended up on Sam's World Tour of Donegal with our GAA stars. The Kerryman went on the lash with the lads (he says he was drinking coffee) in The Boars Head pub in Dublin and got chatting to Michael Murphy, Christy Toye and Rory […]
- THY KINGDOM COME! ALL ROADS LEAD TO CROKER FOR DONEGAL FANS Get ready Gooch and co – Donegal’s army of fans is on the march. Up to 20,000 supporters are ready to descend on Croke Park today as Jim McGuinness and his team try to keep their All-Ireland dream alive. For the first time this season, the men from Tir Conaill are underdogs against […]
- I COULD HAVE BEEN A CONTENDER – ASK MICHAEL MURPHY! It’s weird when you think about it – when you sit down and do the maths. When you line out for Glenswilly Over 40s against Termon in a so-called friendly in advance of the Churchill Fair. And there on the grass verge on the far side of the pitch away from the stand sit three […]
- JIM ‘THE REDEEMER’ GETS HIS OWN STATUE OUTSIDE CROKE PARK! A lot of people in Donegal think Jim McGuinness can perform miracles. But now Ireland's favourite bookmaker has given him almost God-like treatment. As the countdown to the Ireland goes into overdrive, Paddy Power honoured the Glenties man McGuinness with the unveiling of Jim […]
- SHAUN IS THE MAN(kini) AS HE DELIVERS ON HIS DONEGAL DARE! It took a lot for even the biggest of Donegal fans to suggest they would beat Dublin at Croke Park yesterday. One such non-believer was Shaun T Friel from Milford. Apparently Mr Friel said he would walk down Main Street in the town in a mankini if Jim McGuinness’ side overcame […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: MCENIFF – “MCGUINNESS HAS BEEN PLOTTING FOR DUBLIN ALL YEAR” Former All-Ireland winning manager Brian McEniff has said Jim McGuinness has been plotting to face Dublin all season, and will have a Plan A, B and C when the two sides lock horns at Croke Park, on Sunday. McEniff who famously brought Sam back to the hills for the first time […]
- DONEGAL MAN WINS GAA TRIP OF A LIFETIME A young Donegal man has staked his claim to becoming the next Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh. Damien Ó Dónaill beat off stiff competition to win the RTE Raidio na Gaeltachta/GAA commentary competition. The Rann na Feirste man wins 2 tickets to the All-Ireland Football final and a […]
- DOUBLE FRUSTRATION FOR MANY DONEGAL FANS AS THEY ARE CLAMPED AT CROKER It was frustration on the double for some Donegal fans yesterday as they fell foul of Dublin city clampers. At least 21 cars were clamped – with almost half of them decked in Donegal colours. The cars were spotted in and around the stadium during the All-Ireland football […]
- IT’S MURPHY’S DAY AS TEAM TO FINISH WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL IN GLENSWILLY TONIGHT! It may be Arthur’s Day throughout Ireland today but it’s very much Murphy’s Day in Co Donegal. We can reveal that the Donegal GAA team will finish their ‘world tour of Donegal’ with a rousing celebration at captain Michael Murphy’s club in Glenswilly this evening. A huge crowd is […]
- MURPHY SAYS IMPRESSIVE DUBS ARE TEAM TO BEAT DONEGAL captain Michael Murphy claims Dublin are the front runners for All-Ireland success after their demolition job of Kildare last Sunday. Jim McGuinness and co will be happy that the footballers form the capital are taking some pressure off them as the championship breaks […]
- LOSING MURPHY MIGHT GIVE OTHERS A CHANCE AGAINST DONEGAL – SPILLANE He has been one of Donegal’s biggest critics. But there’s no doubting that former Kerry great and RTE pundit Pat Spillane is chairman of the Michael Murphy fan club. Spillane changed his mind on Jim McGuinness’ brand of football last season after slating them the previous year for […]
- MURPHY DELIGHTED WITH NEW DONEGAL BACKROOM TEAM Donegal captain Michael Murphy has admitted he is delighted with the new backroom team assembled by manager Jim McGuinness and says everything is in place for the forthcoming season ahead. Eyebrows were raised from within and outside of the county when McGuinness chose to dismiss […]
- ‘IT’S A WAR BUT HAVE DUBS STOMACH FOR A FIGHT?’ – CATHAL MacSUIBHNE’S BIG MATCH PREVIEW So do we have any chance at all? That seems to be the question on most people’s minds this week. Of course we have a chance, it’s a two horse race and no team is unbeatable. Most importantly for Donegal, the man patrolling the sideline is called Jim McGuinness. That is the […]
- DONEGAL CENTRA STORES RENEW SPONSORSHIP OF COUNTY GAA Mairtin Kelly and Shaun Boyce, Donegal Centra Stores are pictured presenting Michael Murphy, Donegal captain with the 2015 Sponsorship cheque for Senior Division 3 and the U-21 Football Championship. This is the 5th year that Donegal Centra stores have provided sponsorship and […]