All are singing off the same hymn sheet and all togged out exactly the same – or are they?
A number of Donegal Daily readers have contacted the site asking us why Karl Lacey is wearing different shorts than the rest of the team.
The answer is we don’t know.
Perhaps it was just a mistake or was it another of Jim McGuinness’ tactical plans?
Anybody who has any inside information on the secret of the shorts can let us know!
More from Donegal Daily
- DDTV – WHICH DONEGAL STAR DROPPED THE BALL ON TV ADVERT? It's the advert for Ireland Airport West at Knock that has caught the attention of GAA fans across the country. It shows Donegal stars Michael Murphy, Karl Lacey and other well-known football stars raving about how good the airport is - while showing off their skills. But what […]
- MURPHY – “LACEY WAS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL” Michael Murphy has lauded Karl Lacey for his sensational performance for Donegal in their Ulster SFC quarter-final win over local rivals Derry. The Donegal captain described Lacey's performance as 'phenomenal' and believes he has overcome the injuries that dogged his 2013 […]
- DONEGAL TEAM CLEAN UP ON SUNDAY GAME TEAM OF THE YEAR Eight Donegal players have been named on RTE’s Sunday Game Team of the Year. The players are Paul Durcan, Neil Magee, Frank McGlynn, Karl Lacey, Mark McHugh, Neil Gallagher, Colm McFadden and Michael Murphy. Michael Murphy was named as today’s Man of the Match. The Sunday Game’s […]
- CROWDS COME OUT AS SAM MAGUIRE BEGINS TO ‘EVOLVE’! There is standing room only at the Evolve Menswear shop in Letterkenny today with the arrival of a well-known VIP. A certain Mr S Maguire has moved to Donegal for the year ahead and he was on display at the well-known clothing outfitters this morning. And he is accompanied by two […]
- CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN – THE PICTURE THAT SEALS THE 20 YEAR SEARCH TO RECLAIM SAM The picture may look simply like two young boys posing happily for a picture with Donegal’s legendary All-Ireland captain Anthony Molloy. But on closer inspection it tells the story of two generations of GAA player – both in search of Sam Maguire. That’s because the little boy with […]
- MICHAEL MURPHY NAMED GAA/GPA PLAYER OF THE MONTH Donegal captain Michael Murphy has been named the GAA/GPA player of the month for May. Murphy produced a man-of-the-match display for Donegal in their Ulster SFC quarter final win over Derry. He was instrumental throughout that encounter, and scored a sensational point from a […]
- DD DEAL OF THE DAY: GET FLIP FLOPS FOR A FIVER AT EVOLVE! With a sunny and warm forecast for the week ahead, Evolve Menswear want to make sure you are still looking your best, whether at the beach for the day or in the garden after work. Today, Evolve Menswear are giving away shorts for EUR10 and flip flops for EUR5. Did you know: Back […]
- DONEGAL MANAGER CLAIMS MURPHY IS REFEREED DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHER PLAYERS Donegal manager Rory Gallagher has claimed that captain Michael Murphy is refereed differently than other players. His claims comes after the Glenswilly man was sent off after a second yellow card against Dublin at Croke Park in the National League last night. Murphy's […]
- DDTV VIDEO: CAPTAIN MURPHY LIFTS DIVISION 2 CROWN AND PAYS TRIBUTE TO McGUINNESS DONEGAL captain Michael Murphy lifted the Allianz National League Division Two title at Croke Park today - and then paid tribute to his fellow players and manager. To cheers from delighted Donegal supporters, the brilliant Murphy also paid tribute to Laois for their part in an […]
- LACEY TO START AS MCGUINNESS NAMES HIS STARTING TEAM FOR ULSTER FINAL Karl Lacey will make his first start of the year for Donegal in Sunday’s Ulster final against Monaghan. The Footballer of the Year hasn’t lined out since last year’s All-Ireland final against Mayo apart from appeareding as a replacement in the first round against Tyrone before […]
- LACEY BELIEVES MCGUINNESS CAN MANAGE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL Donegal GAA star Karl Lacey believes his former manager Jim McGuinness can make it all the way to the top in professional football management. McGuinness's success in Ireland with the Donegal GAA team has been well documented and was seen by many as revolutionary figure within […]
- SURF’S UP FOR LACEY AS LIFE PROVES A BEACH DOWN UNDER! We all know he’s one of the best footballers of his generation. But now Karl Lacey has shown that he really is riding the ‘wave’ of success. The Donegal footballer and All Star is currently Down Under as part of the Irish team taking on Australia as part of the Compromise Rules […]
- LACEY RULED OUT FOR THREE MONTHS AFTER HIP OPERATION Donegal star Karl Lacey has had surgery and will be out of action for at least three months. The Four Masters man had surgery on his hip yesterday and surgeons say it will be 12 weeks before he is able to train fully again. Lacey, the GAA's Footballer of the Year, was due to be in […]
- KARL LACEY SAYS IT’S TIME FOR CLUB AND COUNTY TO SPLIT Donegal GAA star Karl Lacey has proposed a radical change in order to alleviate the on-going divide between clubs and county teams all over Ireland. Lacey feels the demand on players to play for both club and county is now unsustainable - and that the GAA should follow the Rugby […]
- LACEY: ‘JIM IS RIGHT, OUR PLAYERS ARE BEING TARGETED’ ALL-STAR Karl Lacey has waded into the row surrounding serious injuries caused to Donegal players in recent games, insisting that his team mates are being targeted by opposition players. Following the serious injuries caused to Mark McHugh in the Ulster final, Donegal manager Jim […]
- KARL LACEY TO START AS DONEGAL NAME THEIR TEAM TO FACE DOWN Jim McGuinness has re-called the influential Karl Lacey to his starting side ahead of their crucial clash with Down this weekend. McGuinness has been forced to prepare for this clash without the services of Kilcar duo Ryan McHugh and Patrick McBrearty and Darach 'Jigger' […]
- “DONEGAL NEED TO ADAPT TO CONTINUE SUCCESS” – KARL LACEY Donegal player Karl Lacey feels Donegal have to adapt in order to continue the success they enjoyed under the tenure of Jim McGuinness. Rory Gallagher is the new Donegal manager and replacing Donegal's most successful ever manager is an unenviable task for the Fermanagh […]
- LACEY AND GALLAGHER NOT IN DONEGAL’S PLANS FOR ULSTER SEMI-FINAL WITH DOWN Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has confirmed he is planning without the influential duo of Karl Lacey and Neil Gallagher for the Ulster semi final clash with Down on Sunday week. Gallagher was awaiting the results of a scan to identify ligament damage to his knee yesterday, while […]
- KARL LACEY REVEALS DONEGAL STAYED CALM AT HALF-TIME Karl Lacey said Donegal remained calm at half-time in their Ulster SFC quarter-final clash with Derry, despite the fact they went in at the interval trailing by two points, after an ineffective opening 35 minutes. Some suggested McGuinness must have read the riot act to his […]
- RORY RETURNS FOR DONEGAL BUT KARL ON THE BENCH RORY Kavanagh has returned to the starting line-up for Sunday's Ulster SFC Final clash with Monaghan in Clones. The St Eunan's man has been named in the half-forward line as Martin McElhinney is chosen to partner Christy Toye in midfield. Neil Gallagher and Karl Lacey have been […]