The GAA’s equivalent of Messi or Ronaldo left fans open-mouthed when he flicked the ball over Dublin star Rory O’Carroll before connecting with the outside of his right boot for the point in the 35th minute.
THe modest big Glenswilly man simply said “It’s one of those things that goes right for you sometimes.”
For Murphy perhaps but never for most of us mere mortals!
The point added to an earlier 22nd minute goal for the penalty spot for Murphy who many argue is in the form of his career.
Just as long as he doesn’t peak before the championship game against Tyrone.
More from Donegal Daily
- MURPHY SET TO ENROLL IN NEW ELITE ATHLETE PROGRAMME AT QUEENS Donegal star Michael Murphy is set to enroll in a new elite athlete programme at Queen's University Belfast. Murphy spent four years at DCU were he completed a degree in sports science and biology. He will be now undertaking a Masters degree in Sports psychology at Queen's […]
- MCBREARTY FIRES NUI MAYNOOTH INTO SIGERSON CUP SEMI-FINALS Donegal star Patrick McBrearty fired NUI Maynooth into the Sigerson cup semi-finals after his goal helped Maynooth defeat GMIT at Tuam stadium yesterday afternoon. McBrearty fired home the only goal of the match in the first half and that score proved to be the decisive score in […]
- MURPHY WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN CONVINCING PLAYERS TO STAY – CHAIRMAN Michael Murphy was instrumental in convincing a number of Donegal’s veteran stars not to pack in the county team at the end of last season. The claim was made by county chairman Sean Dunnion while paying tribute to the Glenswilly man at a civic reception in his honour […]
- MURPHY MAY GO UNDER THE KNIFE FOR CHAMPIONSHIP Donegal captain Michael Murphy may have to undergo surgery in a bid to have him ready for the county’s championship campaign. The Glenswilly star will see a specialist tomorrow and could miss a number of Donegal’s League games. The operation is believed to be related to the […]
- GAA STAR MURPHY BREAKS SILENCE AND SLAMS CRITICS “DISGRACEFUL” Donegal captain Michael Murphy has broken his silence over his side’s treatment by critics. The Glenswilly star slammed those who dished out the dirt to Donegal after their dour display against Dublin in the All Ireland semi-final. Murphy fumed “It was unfair – nearly bordering […]
- MURPHY SAYS IMPRESSIVE DUBS ARE TEAM TO BEAT DONEGAL captain Michael Murphy claims Dublin are the front runners for All-Ireland success after their demolition job of Kildare last Sunday. Jim McGuinness and co will be happy that the footballers form the capital are taking some pressure off them as the championship breaks […]
- DISAPPOINTMENT FOR PADDY MCBREARTY AS HIS STAR STUDDED UUJ SIDE CRASH OUT OF SIGERSON CUP Donegal GAA star Patrick McBrearty was left reeling yesterday afternoon when his UUJ (University Ulster Jordanstown) suffered a shock defeat at home to DCU. UUJ were hotly tipped to win the competition as the team was stacked with high profile inter-county talent. DCU was […]
- “KIERAN GILLESPIE ON HIS DEBUT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME” – MICHAEL MURPHY Michael Murphy has said despite Donegal alarming loss of form of late there was plenty of positives to take out of Saturday's defeat to Dublin at Croke Park. Donegal captain and talisman Murphy saw red midway through the second-half, and his dismissal affected Rory Gallagher's […]
- MURPHY AND GALLAGHER TO RETURN FOR SEMI-FINAL CLASH WITH CORK AT CROKE PARK Donegal captain Michael Murphy and All-Star midfielder Neil Gallagher are expected to come into Rory Gallagher's starting team for Sunday's National League semi-final with Cork. Murphy missed Donegal's draw with Mayo due to suspension, the Glenswilly clubman was given his third […]
- DDTV: WATCH PATRICK MCBREARTY’S STUNNING POINT FOR UUJ IN SIGERSON CUP DDTV: Patrick McBrearty reiterated just why he's one of the best forwards in Ireland with a stunning effort for UUJ in their Sigerson Cup win over St Mary's. McBrearty landed an absolute beauty of a score from the sideline in the second-half of UUJ's win. From a seemingly […]
- DONEGAL MANAGER CLAIMS MURPHY IS REFEREED DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHER PLAYERS Donegal manager Rory Gallagher has claimed that captain Michael Murphy is refereed differently than other players. His claims comes after the Glenswilly man was sent off after a second yellow card against Dublin at Croke Park in the National League last night. Murphy's […]
- MURPHY SAYS TIME MAY HAVE COME TO SCRAP MATCH PARADE Donegal star Michael Murphy believes the GAA may be better off calling a halt to pre-match parades. There were ugly scenes last Sunday prior to Armagh’s Ulster Championship quarter-final with Cavan when a massive brawl broke out before the ball was even thrown in. The […]
- CASSIDY BROKE DONEGAL TRUST SAYS MURPHY DONEGAL captain Michael Murphy claims his former team-mate Kevin Cassidy was wrong to contribute a book documenting his season with the county. The Glenswilly man yesterday backed Jim McGuinness’ decision to axe the All Star defender from the panel after his comments about the 2011 […]
- MURPHY – “LACEY WAS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL” Michael Murphy has lauded Karl Lacey for his sensational performance for Donegal in their Ulster SFC quarter-final win over local rivals Derry. The Donegal captain described Lacey's performance as 'phenomenal' and believes he has overcome the injuries that dogged his 2013 […]
- GAA STAR MURPHY PLEADS WITH MCBREARTY NOT TO HEAD TO AUSTRALIA Donegal GAA captain Michael Murphy has pleaded with fellow county star Paddy McBrearty not to head Down Under to play Aussie Rules football. The 18 year old Kilcar star is being head-hunted by a number of clubs in Australia. But Murphy says he is hoping that McBrearty, who is […]
- ANXIOUS WAIT FOR MURPHY AS CLUB-VERSUS COUNTRY DILEMMA RUMBLES ON Irish captain Michael Murphy faces an anxious wait today to see if he will be spared a club-versus-country dilemma that threatens to ruin his chances of captaining the Irish side during their test series against Australia. The Donegal county board have postponed a final decision on […]
- MAGIC MICHAEL MURPHY NAMED GAA PLAYER OF THE WEEK GAA: Michael Murphy's stunning exhibition of free-taking last Saturday night, against Down in Newry has earned him the GAA Player of the Week award from GAA.ie. Murphy scored eight superb points and illustrated once again that he is without doubt one of the best players in the […]
- DANIEL MCLAUGHLIN HITS LATE WINNER TO SEND UNIVERSITY OF LIMERICK INTO SIGERSON CUP QUARTER-FINAL Donegal GAA star Daniel McLaughlin was the difference for UL last night in their Sigerson Cup clash with NUI Maynooth. Scores were at a premium in a contest were both teams adopted defensive strategies in an effort to stifle the attacking potency of both forward lines. Both […]
- MURPHY TO MISS FIRST THREE LEAGUE GAMES AFTER SURGERY MICHAEL MURPHY will miss Donegal’s first three National League games after undergoing surgery on a groin injury yesterday. The county captain had been troubled by a Gilmore’s Groin injury, which was aggravated recently in a challenge game against Roscommon. The Glenswilly man was […]
- NO RESPITE FOR MURPHY AS COUNTY FINAL WILL TAKE PLACE AS SCHEDULED The Donegal SFC final between Glenswilly and Killybegs will take place on Sunday the 20th of October as originally scheduled despite a proposal from Glenswilly to have the game moved. Glenswilly had requested the game to be moved to accommodate Michael Murphy who has been selected […]