The GAA’s equivalent of Messi or Ronaldo left fans open-mouthed when he flicked the ball over Dublin star Rory O’Carroll before connecting with the outside of his right boot for the point in the 35th minute.
THe modest big Glenswilly man simply said “It’s one of those things that goes right for you sometimes.”
For Murphy perhaps but never for most of us mere mortals!
The point added to an earlier 22nd minute goal for the penalty spot for Murphy who many argue is in the form of his career.
Just as long as he doesn’t peak before the championship game against Tyrone.
More from Donegal Daily
- GAA STAR MURPHY BREAKS SILENCE AND SLAMS CRITICS “DISGRACEFUL” Donegal captain Michael Murphy has broken his silence over his side’s treatment by critics. The Glenswilly star slammed those who dished out the dirt to Donegal after their dour display against Dublin in the All Ireland semi-final. Murphy fumed “It was unfair – nearly bordering […]
- MURPHY SAYS IMPRESSIVE DUBS ARE TEAM TO BEAT DONEGAL captain Michael Murphy claims Dublin are the front runners for All-Ireland success after their demolition job of Kildare last Sunday. Jim McGuinness and co will be happy that the footballers form the capital are taking some pressure off them as the championship breaks […]
- DISAPPOINTMENT FOR PADDY MCBREARTY AS HIS STAR STUDDED UUJ SIDE CRASH OUT OF SIGERSON CUP Donegal GAA star Patrick McBrearty was left reeling yesterday afternoon when his UUJ (University Ulster Jordanstown) suffered a shock defeat at home to DCU. UUJ were hotly tipped to win the competition as the team was stacked with high profile inter-county talent. DCU was […]
- MURPHY AND GALLAGHER TO RETURN FOR SEMI-FINAL CLASH WITH CORK AT CROKE PARK Donegal captain Michael Murphy and All-Star midfielder Neil Gallagher are expected to come into Rory Gallagher's starting team for Sunday's National League semi-final with Cork. Murphy missed Donegal's draw with Mayo due to suspension, the Glenswilly clubman was given his third […]
- DDTV: WATCH PATRICK MCBREARTY’S STUNNING POINT FOR UUJ IN SIGERSON CUP DDTV: Patrick McBrearty reiterated just why he's one of the best forwards in Ireland with a stunning effort for UUJ in their Sigerson Cup win over St Mary's. McBrearty landed an absolute beauty of a score from the sideline in the second-half of UUJ's win. From a seemingly […]
- MURPHY SAYS TIME MAY HAVE COME TO SCRAP MATCH PARADE Donegal star Michael Murphy believes the GAA may be better off calling a halt to pre-match parades. There were ugly scenes last Sunday prior to Armagh’s Ulster Championship quarter-final with Cavan when a massive brawl broke out before the ball was even thrown in. The […]
- GAA STAR MURPHY PLEADS WITH MCBREARTY NOT TO HEAD TO AUSTRALIA Donegal GAA captain Michael Murphy has pleaded with fellow county star Paddy McBrearty not to head Down Under to play Aussie Rules football. The 18 year old Kilcar star is being head-hunted by a number of clubs in Australia. But Murphy says he is hoping that McBrearty, who is […]
- MURPHY – “LACEY WAS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL” Michael Murphy has lauded Karl Lacey for his sensational performance for Donegal in their Ulster SFC quarter-final win over local rivals Derry. The Donegal captain described Lacey's performance as 'phenomenal' and believes he has overcome the injuries that dogged his 2013 […]
- MAGIC MICHAEL MURPHY NAMED GAA PLAYER OF THE WEEK GAA: Michael Murphy's stunning exhibition of free-taking last Saturday night, against Down in Newry has earned him the GAA Player of the Week award from GAA.ie. Murphy scored eight superb points and illustrated once again that he is without doubt one of the best players in the […]
- “GAA SHOULD NOT GO PROFESSIONAL, IT’S NOT SUSTAINABLE” – MICHAEL MURPHY Donegal captain Michael Murphy has refuted the suggestion that the GAA should turn professional, stating that it's a dangerous, dangerous road to go down, and says it's not sustainable. With the demands on inter-county players increasing every year, many have compared the […]
- DONEGAL TO APPEAL CAPTAIN MICHAEL MURPHY’S SENDING OFF Donegal are to appeal the sending off of captain Michael Murphy in yesterday’s Ulster Championship game against Cavan. The big Glenswilly man was only settling into the game when he was harshly shown a red card after he shouldered his marker in the 13th minute of the game. Murphy […]
- DONEGAL STAR MURPHY NAMED PLAYER OF THE MONTH Donegal GAA star Michael Murphy has been named as the GAA/GPA All-Star Player of the Month for September. The Glenswilly man capped off a fine month in which he led his team to All Ireland success. The 23 year old continued his rich form with a powerful display against Gaoth […]
- ST MICHAEL’S DEFENDER AT THE CENTRE OF SIGERSON CUP INELIGIBILITY ROW St Michael's defender Stephen Doak is at the centre of an ineligibility row between Sligo IT and Queen's University Belfast. Queen's lodged a complaint after they were defeated by Sligo IT last week questioning the eligibility of Doak. Officials representing Queen's believe […]
- DELIGHT FOR MCHUGH FAMILY AS SLIGO IT PROGRESS IN SIGERSON CUP COMPETITION There was delight for Martin McHugh and his sons Ryan and Mark after their Sligo IT side defeated Queen's University Belfast in a thrilling contest played in atrocious weather conditions. Heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures in Belfast last night almost resulted in this crucial […]
- COUNTY STARS MICHAEL AND EILISH TO RUN GAELIC FOOTBALL SKILLS HUB COUNTY stars Eilish Ward and Michael Murphy will be on hand later this month for a skills course aimed at 13, 14 and 15-year-olds across the county. The Lenovo Skills Club will take place at MacCumhaills in Ballybofey for four days from Tuesday June 24 until Friday June 27. The […]
- SPILLANE NAMES MURPHY AS ‘MOST COMPLETE FOOTBALLER IN THE GAME’ He has often slated Donegal's style of play and famously labelled the Ulster game as "puke football." But GAA analyst Pat Spillane has eaten a large slice of humble pie and named Michael Murphy as the best player in the country. The former Kerry All-Ireland winner and Sunday […]
- MICHAEL MURPHY WILL CAPTAIN IRELAND TEAM DOWN UNDER Michael Murphy has been named as captain of the Ireland International Rules team for their forthcoming test series in Australia. Murphy successful captained the Irish side to a record-breaking victory over their Australian counterparts in last year's one sided test series, and […]
- DONEGAL TRIO NOMINATED FOR ULSTER GAA FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR AWARD Donegal have dominated the nominations for the Ulster GAA Writers' Footballer of the year award, with three Donegal players being shortlisted for the coveted title. Neil McGee earns a nomination for a stunning year at the heart of the Donegal defence. McGee was absolutely […]
- DDTV: HEARTBREAK AS MURPHY HITS EIGHT POINTS AND STILL LOSES SEMI-FINAL Irish Daily Mail Sigerson Cup Semi-Final: DIT 1-11 DCU 0-9 MICHAEL Murphy's dream of landing another Sigerson Cup medal was shattered today, despite hitting a massive eight points for his DCU DIT progressed to their first Sigerson Cup final in four […]
- MICHAEL MURPHY NOMINATED FOR JUNE PLAYER OF THE MONTH AWARD Michael Murphy has been rewarded for his stunning performances in June by being nominated for the GAA/GPA player of the month award. Murphy produced a superb display in Donegal's Ulster SFC quarter-final win over Armagh in a match in which he kicked seven points. Murphy was quieter […]