RTE has confirmed it is to show the Donegal Tyrone Ulster Championship clash live on May 26.
The clash will be a sell-out – with just 18,000 tickets available. More than 1,000 tickets released by the Ulster Council yesterday sold out online in less than half an hour.
Donegal Daily revealed last night that clubs are already warning that they will be unable to give tickets to all members – with less than half expected to be there.
Whatever the outcome of the game, Mickey Harte says he and his Tyrone panel will not give interviews to RTE before or after the Ballybofey clash.
Tyrone have boycotted RTE since a John Murray Show sketch in 2011, which the county board felt was insensitive to Mr Harte and his family following the tragic death of his daughter Michaela.
Asked at the launch of the Ulster championship if the RTE boycott would continue, he said: “Yep, that’s right. No further answer required.”
More from Donegal Daily
- ST EUNAN’S COLLEGE CROWNED MacLARNON CUP CHAMPS AFTER DERBY WIN OVER INIS EOGHAIN ST EUNAN'S College lifted the MacLarnon Cup in an historic St Patrick's Day derby final against Coláistí Inis Eoghain in Armagh today. The excellent Niall O'Donnell won a crucial penalty in the dying embers of the game before adding a point himself to see the Letterkenny college […]
- DONEGAL FACE TOUGH OPENER AGAINST TYRONE IN ULSTER CHAMPIONSHIP It was the draw neither team wanted. But the fans are in for a super game of football when Donegal and Tyrone meet in the quarter final of the Ulster Championship next year. The draw was made this evening. The winners of the Donegal and Tyrone game will face another stiff test […]
- DONEGAL VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS CAPTURE ULSTER TITLE Donegal Vocational Schools shrugged off a quiet start to claim the Ulster Voctional Schools Title at Errigal Ciaran in Tyrone today. Despite Cavan VS going ahead by 1-3 to no score after just five minutes, Donegal made a spirited comeback to eventually canter home by 3-8 to […]
- HARTE THROWS DOWN GAUNTLET BY CLAIMING BALLYBOFEY IS NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR ULSTER CLASH Tyrone GAA boss Mickey Harte has started the mind-games ahead of next season's blockbuster Ulster Championship game with Donegal by claiming Ballybofey is not big enough for the clash. Donegal County Board have plans to increase the capacity at MacCumhaill Park to 18,000 in an attempt […]
- CHAMPIONS DONEGAL TO FACE ULSTER SELECT IN MEMORY OF MICHAELA McAREAVEY DONEGAL are to play a challenge football match against the rest of Ulster in a memory of Michaela McAreavey, the murdered daughter of Tyrone manager Mickey Harte. The Ulster GAA confirmed Mickey and Armagh manager Joe Kernan will manage a team selected from the other eight […]
- KEVIN CASSIDY – “WE TARGETED TYRONE’S PETER HARTE DURING ULSTER SFC IN 2011” GAA: Kevin Cassidy has sensationally admitted he and his Donegal teammates targeted Tyrone's Peter Harte during Donegal's Ulster SFC semi-final clash in 2011. However, Cassidy said that he and his teammates didn't subject Harte to the sinister remarks which were allegedly aimed at […]
- DONEGAL U14 GIRLS ON THE VERGE OF HISTORY AS THEY FACE TIPPERARY IN ALL-IRELAND FINAL WHILE Rory Gallagher’s Donegal senior men are through to another Ulster Final, the county’s U14 girls are already through to their first All-Ireland Final this Saturday. The girls have already won the Ulster Championship after a comeback win over Antrim in May, having disposed of […]
- JOE BROLLY – “DONEGAL WILL BEAT TYRONE, IT’S SIMPLE PHYSICS” GAA: RTE GAA pundit and former Derry All-Ireland winner Joe Brolly believes Donegal will defeat Tyrone next Sunday in the Ulster SFC. Brolly offered no in-depth analysis into why he thinks Rory Gallagher will get one over on Mickey Harte in his weekly column in the Sunday […]
- HARTE MAKES TWO CHANGES TO TEAM AS COUNTDOWN TO ULSTER SEMI-FINAL REACHES CLIMAX Mickey Harte has made two changes to the Tyrone team to face Donegal in Sunday's mouth-watering Ulster Football Championship semi-final in Clones. The anticipation to the game is now white hot with many feeling Sunday’s clash will be the ultimate test to see how far the new-look […]
- TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP AS TYRONE WAIT TO TEST DONEGAL’S RESOLVE The talk is over. The preparation is complete. And it’s only their first championship game of the year. It may feel like something approaching a certain Sunday in September but for Donegal their test against Tyrone today may well define their defence of their All-Ireland title […]
- GAA CHAIRMAN HAPPY TO LEAVE LACEY SPIT SAGA IN TYRONE HANDS Donegal County Chairman Sean Dunnion has said he is happy to let the Tyrone authorities deal with the investigation into an incident in which footballer of the year Karl Lacey was spat on by a Tyrone fan. Tyrone manager Mickey Harte and Tyrone county chairmen Ciaran McLaughlin […]
- BREAKING NEWS: DONEGAL TO DEFEND ULSTER TITLE WITH CLASH AGAINST TYRONE DONEGAL have been drawn tonight to play Tyrone in the Ulster Championship. Michael Murphy's team - still waiting for a new manager to be appointed - will have to play in the preliminary round against Mickey Harte's team. The winners of the preliminary clash will play […]
- COREY TAKES OVER AT HELM OF NAOMH CONAILL AGAIN Cathal Corey is on his way back to Naomh Conaill. The Tyrone man, who led the Glenties outfit to Senior Championship success last season, had cut his ties with the club. But donegaldaily.com understands that the highly respected coach has agreed to at least another year in charge […]
- DDTV: ULSTER CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW VIDEO – KEEPER DURCAN ON DONEGAL’S HOPES THE official launch of the Ulster Championship took place in Belfast last night. Here's a video of some of the players and managers looking ahead to a festival of gaelic games. Donegal goalkeeper Paul Durcan and Tyrone manager Mickey Harte both feature. Click Play […]
- GAA NEWS: DONEGAL TO PLAY TYRONE AT MacCUMHAILL PARK ON MAY 17 Donegal will face Tyrone in the preliminary round of the Ulster Senior Championship on Sunday May 17th 2015 at home in MacCumhaill Park Ballybofey, the county board has announced. Should the game require a reply it will be the following Saturday, 23rd May 2015, in Omagh. Should […]
- ULSTER SFC COUNTDOWN: CANAVAN – “TYRONE WILL RELISH THE TAG OF UNDERDOGS” GAA: PETER CANAVAN has insisted that Tyrone will relish the tag of 'underdogs' ahead of Sunday's Ulster SFC blockbuster between his native county and reigning Ulster champions Donegal. Donegal hammered Mickey Harte's side in the Allianz National League a few months back and Tyrone […]
- MCGUINNESS TO TRY OUT NEW PLAYERS IN THE MCKENNA CUP Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has announced that he will be giving several untried players the opportunity to show what they can do in the Dr McKenna cup competition that starts in early January. Donegal begin their campaign with a stiff test against neighbours Tyrone who have […]
- DONEGAL CLEAR FIRST HURDLE AS TYRONE TAMED – CATHAL MacSUIBHNE’S GAA DIARY The first hurdle has been cleared by Donegal and as was widely expected beforehand, Tyrone presented a huge challenge and pushed the home side all the way to the final whistle. The league encounter seven weeks ago left a false impression of Mickey Harte’s team – yesterday was a more […]
- SADNESS AT SUDDEN DEATH OF FORMER DONEGAL GAA GREAT There has been much sadness this morning at the sudden death of former Donegal GAA great John Hannigan. John, who was in his 70s, was a loyal servant to both his club St Eunans in Letterkenny and to Donegal whom he played with for many years in the 1960s and 1970s. John was a nurse […]
- VICTORY! DONEGAL TO DEFEND ULSTER TITLE AGAINST TYRONE IN BALLYBOFEY THE Donegal County Board has scored a significant victory tonight - Donegal WILL begin the defence of their Ulster title against Tyrone in BALLYBOFEY! The move was ratified by the Ulster council after repair work at MacCumhaill Park upgraded the stadium to meet GAA […]