RTE has confirmed it is to show the Donegal Tyrone Ulster Championship clash live on May 26.
The clash will be a sell-out – with just 18,000 tickets available. More than 1,000 tickets released by the Ulster Council yesterday sold out online in less than half an hour.
Donegal Daily revealed last night that clubs are already warning that they will be unable to give tickets to all members – with less than half expected to be there.
Whatever the outcome of the game, Mickey Harte says he and his Tyrone panel will not give interviews to RTE before or after the Ballybofey clash.
Tyrone have boycotted RTE since a John Murray Show sketch in 2011, which the county board felt was insensitive to Mr Harte and his family following the tragic death of his daughter Michaela.
Asked at the launch of the Ulster championship if the RTE boycott would continue, he said: “Yep, that’s right. No further answer required.”
More from Donegal Daily
- ST EUNAN’S COLLEGE CROWNED MacLARNON CUP CHAMPS AFTER DERBY WIN OVER INIS EOGHAIN ST EUNAN'S College lifted the MacLarnon Cup in an historic St Patrick's Day derby final against Coláistí Inis Eoghain in Armagh today. The excellent Niall O'Donnell won a crucial penalty in the dying embers of the game before adding a point himself to see the Letterkenny college […]
- CHAMPIONS DONEGAL TO FACE ULSTER SELECT IN MEMORY OF MICHAELA McAREAVEY DONEGAL are to play a challenge football match against the rest of Ulster in a memory of Michaela McAreavey, the murdered daughter of Tyrone manager Mickey Harte. The Ulster GAA confirmed Mickey and Armagh manager Joe Kernan will manage a team selected from the other eight […]
- KEVIN CASSIDY – “WE TARGETED TYRONE’S PETER HARTE DURING ULSTER SFC IN 2011” GAA: Kevin Cassidy has sensationally admitted he and his Donegal teammates targeted Tyrone's Peter Harte during Donegal's Ulster SFC semi-final clash in 2011. However, Cassidy said that he and his teammates didn't subject Harte to the sinister remarks which were allegedly aimed at […]
- DONEGAL VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS CAPTURE ULSTER TITLE Donegal Vocational Schools shrugged off a quiet start to claim the Ulster Voctional Schools Title at Errigal Ciaran in Tyrone today. Despite Cavan VS going ahead by 1-3 to no score after just five minutes, Donegal made a spirited comeback to eventually canter home by 3-8 to […]
- DONEGAL U14 GIRLS ON THE VERGE OF HISTORY AS THEY FACE TIPPERARY IN ALL-IRELAND FINAL WHILE Rory Gallagher’s Donegal senior men are through to another Ulster Final, the county’s U14 girls are already through to their first All-Ireland Final this Saturday. The girls have already won the Ulster Championship after a comeback win over Antrim in May, having disposed of […]
- TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP AS TYRONE WAIT TO TEST DONEGAL’S RESOLVE The talk is over. The preparation is complete. And it’s only their first championship game of the year. It may feel like something approaching a certain Sunday in September but for Donegal their test against Tyrone today may well define their defence of their All-Ireland title […]
- IT’S A SELL-OUT! SCRAMBLE ON FOR 18,000 TICKETS FOR DONEGAL’S SHOWDOWN WITH TYRONE – AND HOTEL ROOMS! THE DONEGAL County Board's success in staging the Ulster Championship clash with Tyrone in Ballybofey is expected to pay rich dividends - all 18,000 tickets are expected to sell out. The Board are already discussing how they deal with a frenzied rush on tickets for the clash. But […]
- SADNESS AT SUDDEN DEATH OF FORMER DONEGAL GAA GREAT There has been much sadness this morning at the sudden death of former Donegal GAA great John Hannigan. John, who was in his 70s, was a loyal servant to both his club St Eunans in Letterkenny and to Donegal whom he played with for many years in the 1960s and 1970s. John was a nurse […]
- ST EUNAN’S AND CLOUGHANEELY BOW OUT OF ULSTER BUT URRIS INTO JUNIOR FINAL URRIS will fly the flag for Donegal in this year's Provincial Club Championship deciders. The Inishowen club defeated Keady 1-07 to 0-07 today to book their place in the Ulster final. They play Rock of Tyrone in the final. But it was semi-final defeats for St Eunan's and […]
- DONEGAL HEAD TO LOUGH ERNE AHEAD OF ULSTER CHAMPIONSHIP CLASH WITH TYRONE GAA NEWS: Donegal are stepping up their preparations for their Ulster Championship clash with Tyrone next Sunday. Rory Gallagher is taking his squad back to his native Fermanagh for an intensive three-day training camp at Lough Erne. Donegal face Mickey Harte's Tyrone next […]
- ‘GLENTIES GAME MAY BE POSTPONED AGAIN’ FRESH doubt is being cast on the possibility of the Ulster senior club football championship going ahead this Sunday. Ulster GAA Council Secretary Danny Murphy said the re-arranged clash between Naomh Conaill of Glenties and Crossmaglen Rangers, due for Clones after being postponed […]
- BONNER AND THOMPSON BACK IN THE FOLD AS MCGUINNESS MAKES PLANS FOR 2014 Former county players Leon Thompson and Ciaran Bonner have been drafted back into the county panel for the forthcoming 2014 season after a four year absence. The duo haven't played for Donegal since the 2009 season during the tenure of John Joe Doherty. Thompson opted out of […]
- TYRONE COUNTY BOARD NOW CLAIM MINOR PLAYERS EXONERATED FROM ALLEGED ABUSE A new twist has been taken in the 'sledging saga' between Donegal and Tyrone. A statement released by the Tyrone County Board has claimed the minor players at the centre of the sledging controversy have now been exonerated following a full investigation by the Ulster […]
- BROLLY STICKS WITH DONEGAL AS WHELAN AND O’HARA CHOOSE TYRONE RTE pundit Joe Brolly is sticking with Donegal. But the bad news for Jim McGuinness is that the Derryman’s fellow Sunday Game pundits Ciaran Whelan ad Eamon O’Hara think Tyrone will knock Donegal from their perch. Des Cahill put all three pundits on the spot on last night’s Sunday […]
- DONEGAL LADIES FOOTBALL: CAPTAIN KATY HOPING FOR ‘SPECIAL’ HOME WIN AGAINST ARMAGH CAPTAINING your county team is always special but for Glenfin's Katy Herron it will be extra special as she leads Donegal into action against Armagh at her home club on Sunday (throw-in 2pm). The 25-year-old school teacher will have friends and relations galore at her home ground for […]
- GAA: DONEGAL WILL PLAY KERRY NEXT SUNDAY AT 4PM DONEGAL will continue their bid for All-Ireland glory at Croke Park next Sunday, with a 4pm throw-in. The game will be the second quarter-final of a double header. Cork will face Kildare in Croke Park at 2pm. Following a meeting of the CCCC in Thurles this evening Down will face […]
- GALLAGHER: DONEGAL WON’T BE HOLDING BACK IN OMAGH Donegal assistant manager Rory Gallagher has said that Donegal will not be holding back when they meet Tyrone on Sunday in the National League at Healy Park in Omagh. The Match is ultimately a dress rehearsal for the massive Ulster championship clash between the pair on May 26th […]
- PADDY WALSH ON WEDNESDAY: MCLAUGHLIN FOR MANAGER OF THE YEAR, MANUS STILL HAS IT AND ‘HARTE’-BREAK FOR TYRONE DONEGAL WOMEN GO SO CLOSE: A two point lead at half-time, a two point deficit when it really mattered, and the Donegal Ladies team were making their exit from the All-Ireland Championships at the quarter-final stages. Had they converted a handful of chances that came their way, […]
- MCGUINNESS LAVISHES PRAISE ON DONEGAL DEFENDER – “FRANK MCGLYNN IS ABSOLUTE GOLD” Former Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has praised Donegal for a 'mature' performance in their Ulster SFC win over Tyrone and singled-out Frank McGlynn for special praise. McGuinness watched the game from the terrace along with his wife and children and said he enjoyed the experience […]
- BACK TO BACK! CATHAL MACSUIBHNE’S GAA BLOG History was achieved in the most emphatic fashion imaginable in Clones yesterday – Donegal obliterated Down in the closing stages to put the gloss on back to back Ulster titles. The game followed a pattern which we’ve become accustomed to now with this side – let the opposition run […]