Donegal Garda whistleblower welcomes terms of probe

NEWS

 February 17, 2017
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail this to someone

A whistleblower from Donegal has welcomed the terms of a Tribunal of Inquiry into recent Garda controversies.

Garda Keith Harrison this week called to be included in the probe set up by the Government in response to recent controversies.

Last night he issued a statement through his solicitors and said he wishes to return to active duty.

“After a long and difficult battle to have all my complaints investigated I would like to acknowledge the publication today of the expanded terms of reference,” he said.

He thanked a number of TDs for their help and the public for their support since he decided to go public earlier this week.

Mr Harrison has made a number of claims including that a complaint was made to Tusla about the welfare of his partner’s children after his partner was compelled to make a report against him under duress.

He alleges the complaint was made after he arrested a member of the force for drink driving.
He said he shared the heartache endured by the McCabe family and demanded answers.

His case will be among the issues dealt with under the Charleton inquiry, terms of which were agreed yesterday.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *