The fun of the Relay for Life Donegal 1for1@1 Schools Challenge is reaching its peak now as there are just THREE DAYS left in the event.
We are pleased to welcome St. Patrick’s NS Letterkenny to the roll call, but there is room for many more. We are so close to having the magic number of 50 schools enlisted for the charity initiative, are there three more primary or secondary schools out there with a bright idea to raise money for the worthy cause?
If you can help us make up ‘3’ to hit 50 schools in total. Please email us with your school’s name and contact details to email@example.com
What’s the challenge?
From now until Friday, May 19th, we are asking schools to pick one challenge and on their chosen day to carry it out at one-o-clock. Relay for Life Donegal are doing this fun challenge in association with Donegal Daily to raise vital funds for cancer survivors.
Every student takes one euro into the school (hence the name 1for1@1) Every single euro raised for Relay for Life this year goes directly to the extensive research programme for cancer survivors presently ongoing at Letterkenny University Hospital.
Unfortunately, cancer does affect every family and we are asking ‘’ALL SCHOOLS’’ to please consider taking part as every euro is so important to us.
We’ve seen a Teachers v Students Football match at Crana College, Dancing from St Safan’s and 1km Walks at Illistrin NS, and many many more. What one thing can you do?
Every School Counts: Will you join this list?
- Scoíl Phádraig Dobhair, An Bhunbeag
- Loreto Secondary School, Letterkenny
- Scoíl Olibhéir Pluincéid, Rann Na Feirste
- Gaelscoil Adhamhnáin, Leitir Ceanainn
- Scoíl Mhuire , Doirí Beaga
- St. Saffons NS, Castlefinn
- Scoíl Chonaill, An Bun Beag
- Scoil Naomh Fiachra, Illistrin, Letterkenny
- Scoíl Naomh Dubhthach, Machaire Uí Rabhartaigh
- St. Bernadettes School, Letterkenny
- Letterkenny Educate Together
- Scoíl Naomh Diúgh , Anagaire
- Naomh Colmcille NS, Drumoghill, Manorcunningham
- Pobal Scoil, Ghaoth Dobhair
- St. Baithin NS, St. Johnston
- Scoíl Adhamhnáin, An Luinnigh
- Loreto Community School, Milford
- Scoíl Náisiúnta, Mhín an Chladaigh
- Mulroy College, Milford
- Scoíl Náisiunta, Gort an Choirce
- Scoíl Fhíonáin, An Falcarrach
- Pobail Scoíl Chloích Cheann Fhaola
- Scoíl Chnoic na Naomh, Doire Chonaire
- Scoíl Eoín Pól, Loch an Uir
- Royal and Prior School, Raphoe
- Scoil Roisin, An Clochan Liath
- SN Taobhóige, An Clochán
- Coláiste Phobail Cholmcille, Baile Ur Oileán Thoraí
- Scoil Naomh Cholmcille, Oilean Thoraí
- Scoíl na Léibe , Leabgarrod, Arranmore Island
- Scoíl Cholmcille, Arranmore Island
- Raphoe Central National School
- Scoil Mhuire, Dristernan, Gleneely, Inishowen
- Dungloe National School
- Crana College, Buncrana
- Scoil Cholmcille, Cloughfin N.S, Ballindrait.
- Woodlands National School, Letterkenny
- Convoy Joint N.S.
- Scoil Cholmcille, Drumman, Ramelton
- Scoil Mhuire, Stranorlar
- Ray National School, Manorcunningham
- SN Cholmcille, Baile na Finne
- Craigtown School, Carndonagh
- Faugher National School, Portnablagh, Dunfanaghy
- Ballyraine National School, Letterkenny
- Acres National School, Burtonport
- St. Patrick’s NS, Lurgybrack, Letterkenny
The team at Donegal Daily have joined forces with the Relay for Life Donegal committee to promote the Schools Challenge for this most worthy of causes.
We are asking schools to do a one minute video of your challenge and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you can appreciate, it would be impossible for us to show all videos sent in but we will put up a selection of them over the next two weeks. If you can also send a photo of the students taking part in their challenge to the same address we will put that photograph up for viewing.
Remember that on the weekend of Relay for Life Donegal 27th/28th May at Letterkenny LYIT, all of the videos sent in will be shown on the ‘Big Screen’. So keep in touch with Donegal Daily and with the Relay for Life Donegal facebook page during the challenge!Tags: