We did it! The Relay for Life Donegal Schools 1for1@1 target number of sign-ups has been reached, and it’s still going! Today is the final day of the challenge and every school is still welcome to sign up.
A big thank you from the Relay for Life Donegal committee: “Little did we think a few weeks ago when we launched the Schools 1for1@1 Challenge here in association with Donegal Daily that we would be today Friday the last day to enter the challenge celebrating the fact that 52 Schools have signed up for it.
“It has been a tremendous success and the effort that schools put in has just been phenomenal. From the smallest school in the county to the biggest they have all played their part and as we said from day one :”every euro counts” and ”one will do thank you”.
“Someone called last night to ask if they could still come on board today Friday and the answer to that is yes because as you can appreciate we had to put a start and finish date on the challenge and today Friday is the final day to register your school name if you still want to take part. We are delighted to add the following three school names to our list today, they include:-
50. Scoil Mhuire Gan Smal, Letterkenny
51. Colaiste Chineal Eoghain, Buncrana
52. Holy Trinity National School, Hornhead, Dunfanaghy
On Tuesday 16 May at 1.00pm almost 1,000 students from Loreto Secondary School, Letterkenny gathered in the school gym to do the 1for 1@1 Challenge for Relay for Life.
Dancing the Macarena was the challenge chosen and oh what fun we had! The students who had recently taken part in Strictly Come Dancing led us all in dancing the Macarena.
Each student brought in €1. To boost the funds, and help the dancers cool down, ice cream was sold after the event!
We were delighted that Robert and Seamus from the Relay for Life committee joined us for the 1for1@1challenge.
Thank you Loreto Letterkenny! Would you like to join them on this list of schools taking part? Email email@example.com
Welcome to you three new schools, thanks for helping us go over 50!
- Scoíl Phádraig Dobhair, An Bhunbeag
- Loreto Secondary School, Letterkenny
- Scoíl Olibhéir Pluincéid, Rann Na Feirste
- Gaelscoil Adhamhnáin, Leitir Ceanainn
- Scoíl Mhuire , Doirí Beaga
- St. Saffons NS, Castlefinn
- Scoíl Chonaill, An Bun Beag
- Scoil Naomh Fiachra, Illistrin, Letterkenny
- Scoíl Naomh Dubhthach, Machaire Uí Rabhartaigh
- St. Bernadettes School, Letterkenny
- Letterkenny Educate Together
- Scoíl Naomh Diúgh , Anagaire
- Naomh Colmcille NS, Drumoghill, Manorcunningham
- Pobal Scoil, Ghaoth Dobhair
- St. Baithin NS, St. Johnston
- Scoíl Adhamhnáin, An Luinnigh
- Loreto Community School, Milford
- Scoíl Náisiúnta, Mhín an Chladaigh
- Mulroy College, Milford
- Scoíl Náisiunta, Gort an Choirce
- Scoíl Fhíonáin, An Falcarrach
- Pobail Scoíl Chloích Cheann Fhaola
- Scoíl Chnoic na Naomh, Doire Chonaire
- Scoíl Eoín Pól, Loch an Uir
- Royal and Prior School, Raphoe
- Scoil Roisin, An Clochan Liath
- SN Taobhóige, An Clochán
- Coláiste Phobail Cholmcille, Baile Ur Oileán Thoraí
- Scoil Naomh Cholmcille, Oilean Thoraí
- Scoíl na Léibe , Leabgarrod, Arranmore Island
- Scoíl Cholmcille, Arranmore Island
- Raphoe Central National School
- Scoil Mhuire, Dristernan, Gleneely, Inishowen
- Dungloe National School
- Crana College, Buncrana
- Scoil Cholmcille, Cloughfin N.S, Ballindrait.
- Woodlands National School, Letterkenny
- Convoy Joint N.S.
- Scoil Cholmcille, Drumman, Ramelton
- Scoil Mhuire, Stranorlar
- Ray National School, Manorcunningham
- SN Cholmcille, Baile na Finne
- Craigtown School, Carndonagh
- Faugher National School, Portnablagh, Dunfanaghy
- Ballyraine National School, Letterkenny
- Acres National School, Burtonport
- St. Patrick’s NS, Lurgybrack, Letterkenny
- Scoil Padraig, Drumfries, Clonmany
- Scoil Mhuire, Belcruit, Kincasslagh
- Scoil Mhuire Gan Smal, Letterkenny
- Colaiste Chineal Eoghain, Buncrana
- Holy Trinity National School, Hornhead, Dunfanaghy
We are asking schools to pick one challenge and on their chosen day to carry it out at one-o-clock. Relay for Life Donegal are doing this fun challenge in association with Donegal Daily to raise vital funds for cancer survivors.
Every student takes one euro into the school (hence the name 1for1@1) Every single euro raised for Relay for Life this year goes directly to the extensive research programme for cancer survivors presently ongoing at Letterkenny University Hospital.
Unfortunately, cancer does affect every family and we are asking ‘’ALL SCHOOLS’’ to please consider taking part as every euro is so important to us.
The team at Donegal Daily have joined forces with the Relay for Life Donegal committee to promote the Schools Challenge for this most worthy of causes.
We are asking schools to do a one minute video of your challenge and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you can appreciate, it would be impossible for us to show all videos sent in but we will put up a selection of them over the next two weeks. If you can also send a photo of the students taking part in their challenge to the same address we will put that photograph up for viewing.
Remember that on the weekend of Relay for Life Donegal 27th/28th May at Letterkenny LYIT, all of the videos sent in will be shown on the ‘Big Screen’. So keep in touch with Donegal Daily and with the Relay for Life Donegal facebook page during the challenge!Tags: