If you are looking for a change of lifestyle and a change of pace, this beautifully presented and unique property in Glencolmcille could fulfil your dreams.
Not only do you have the opportunity to live in an adorable thatched cottage originally dating from the 18th century and set in 2.05 acres of mature gardens and woodlands the property also features a beautifully appointed two storey detached art studio together with a large stone outbuilding which is suitable for converting into additional living accommodation (S.T.P).
The Bird’s Nest has been attentively and painstakingly refurbished and extended by the current owners whilst retaining all the charm and character of a residence built in this era.
Whilst the location enjoys all the attributes of country living, the property is situated on the outskirts of Glencolmcille which is a community orientated village steeped in history and famed for being the parish of Father James McDyer.
This area of Donegal is renowned for its stunning scenery with sandy beaches and rugged coastal features.
The majestic Slieve League is approx 15 kms away and is a highly popular tourist destination attracting a large volume of visitors from all over the world.
– Beautifully presented and immaculately maintained thatched roofed cottage.
– Set on circa 2.05 acres of ground with mature woodland in part.
– Tree-lined paddock / meadow with dry stone wall.
– Completely re-thatched in 2016 with high-grade rye straw.
– Detached two storey art studio / gallery that extends to circa 470 sq.ft in area.
– Bespoke wooden vertical sliding sash windows.
– Living room with cottage style open re.
– Featured exposed ceiling beams throughout cottage.
– South facing site with panoramic views over the surrounding countryside.
– Access provided via private gated lane way.
– Separate stone outbuilding containing a utility and log store.
– Convenient location within walking distance to Glencolmcille and it’s essential amenities.
– Mobile broadband tested on 4G vodafone connection (7mbs down and 1.07mbs up).
If you think this could be the property for you then book a viewing by prior arrangement with DNG Dorrian on 074 97 31291.Tags: