Man threatened to send sexually explicit pictures of partner to neighbours

October 17, 2018

A man threatened to send sexually explicit pictures of his partner to all her neighbours during a bitter row.

Anthony O’Donnell appeared at Letterkenny District Court charged with assault, breaching a barring order and making hoax calls.

The court heard about a number of incidents in which O’Donnell threatened and then viciously attacked the woman.

The incidents happened when a barring order had been served on O’Donnell preventing him from contacting the woman.

On one occasion on June 12th, 2014, O’Donnell, aged 33, arrived at the woman’s home in Newtowncunningham and demanded to know where his children were.

He then pushed the woman, grabbed her by her hair and then punched her.

When he was being removed from the house O’Donnell told the terrified woman “I’m going to kill you and burn the house down. I hate you for what you’re doing to me.”

On October 12th of the same year, he bombarded the woman with 95 phonecalls in a short period of time.

He then sent her a sexually explicit picture of a woman which was blurred but which he claimed was the woman.

He then threatened to post a copy of the picture to all of her neighbours.

On another occasion, he told her “You f***ing slut, I’m going to kill you.”

Solicitor for the accused, Mr Kieran O’Gorman said his client had been involved in a serious accident in 2017, suffered a serious brain injury and was in intensive care for five months.

He said that that he claimed he was being denied access to his children and had not seen them for six months.

Judge Paul Kelly described O’Donnell’s actions as “unbelievable behaviour.”

“There’s a way of dealing with it and it’s not by sending this vile material,” said Judge Kelly.

The court heard that O’Donnell, of Hawthorn Close, Ballybofey, is currently being detained at Castlerea Prison and his solicitor sought to have him released on bail.

However, Judge Kelly replied “absolutely not.”

He remanded O’Donnell in custody until November 12th to hear a victim impact statement.


Tags:

LEAVE A COMMENT

What’s new from Donegal Daily

Donegal Daily is delighted to announce a brand new service for our diaspora readers around the globe.

The new service, which will begin in January, will tell the story of how Donegal people are leading the way from Glasgow to New York and from Sydney to Singapore.

We will still be bringing you the best local news and sport the moment it breaks from back home but we will also be letting you know how Donegal people around the globe are getting on.

So watch this space and thank you for your continued support for Donegal’s biggest news and sports website.

error: Content is protected