In a statement the Clúid Housing development boss Michael Concannon said four members of the same family living at the Silver Hill estate were treated last Friday at Sligo General Hospital.
A full investigation is underway and will examine recently installed stoves as well as a gas cooker.
The family were said to be suffering from dizzy spells and were referred to the hospital by their doctor.
The HSE said it could not comment but it’s understood the family have been given blood tests.
The incident comes a few weeks after a father and his two children died from poisoning at a house in Gurteen in Co Sligo.
“Carbon monoxide alarms have been installed in all the homes in Silver Hill,” said Mr Concannon.”Tests are being carried out on stoves in a number of properties as a precaution.”
Tests will also be carried out a gas cooker in the house, it said.
There are almost 50 houses on the estate.
© 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights Reserved
The copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.
Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldaily
Follow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldaily
Sell anything on www.donegaldailyclassifieds.com