COURT LATEST: A 29 year old Polish man who appeared in court charged with using force during a robbery at Cullen’s Filling station in Buncrana has been refused bail.
Pawel Witek, 29, was charged under Section 14 of the Criminal Justice Act when he appeared at Buncrana District Court in the last few minutes.
The court heard that both a previous bench warrant and a European arrest warrant had been out for the man.
He was charged following an incident on Monday night last when a man held up Cullen’s Filling station on the Cockhill Road just after 7.30pm.
The court was told that €1,040 had been stolen during the raid on the premises.
The man’s solicitor Patsy Gallagher made an appeal for bail for his client but Judge Paul Kelly refused the application.
He said because of the seriousness of the charge and the fact that Witek had no fixed abode meant he had to remand him in custody.
He was also charged with two Section 2 Criminal Damage charges from January 30th.
He remanded the accused to appear at Harristown District Court tomorrow.
Gardai carried out a full investigation into the robbery and arrested Witek on Tuesday evening.
Gardai later thanked the public for all their assistance during the investigation.
Donegaldaily.com – Donegal’s No1 News & Sports Website – more than 30,000 Visitors Every Day
Follow the leader on: