Garth Brooks has said it is a case of five shows at Croke Park or none at all.
The singer has released a statement tonight following the decision by Dublin City Council to allow only three of the singer’s proposed five shows.
He said “I can’t thank the people of Ireland enough for how welcome they have made me feel.
“I have faith that Dublin City Council will make the best decision for the people of Ireland.
“For us, it is five shows or none at all. To choose which shows to do and which shows not to do, would be like asking to choose one child over another.”
Mr Brooks’ comments follow the decision by Dublin City Council to allow only three of the proposed five shows later this month.
Thousands of Donegal fans could be left devastated after the council said there would be no shows on either the Monday or Tuesday night as had been scheduled.
Following the Council’s decision the promoter of Mr Brooks’ Croke Park concerts raised the possibility there will be no shows by the country singer at the GAA venue, while the GAA said it will assess the implications of DCC’s decision.
The council said allowing all five concerts would have caused unacceptable levels of disruption to the local community.
About 400,000 tickets have been sold for the proposed five sold outs shows, including 70,000 to people travelling from overseas.
Peter Aiken of Aiken Promotions said he was disappointed that the local authority denied permission for concerts on Monday 28 July and Tuesday 29 July.
Mr Aiken told RTÉ News that the singer was devastated by the decision and felt that it is not fair that 160,000 people will not be able to attend those shows.
He said that the Croke Park performances had grown from an initial two shows to a much bigger customised production, which would be a once-off event that would not be replicated anywhere else in the world.
The production costs were scaled on this basis and it was not possible to simply stop two of the shows, he said.