Donegal midfielder Neil Gallagher has dispelled rumours he’s set to retire from inter-county football by declaring himself available for selection for next season.
While a successor to McGuinness has yet to be appointed, it will no doubt give candidates hoping to get the job a massive boost as they plan for next season.
It had been suggested that Gallagher may hang up the boots following the departure of McGuinness, but the Glenswilly man says he’s not ready to walk away just yet.
The midfield powerhouse enjoyed a fantastic year for Donegal, and was earlier today named as an All-Star nomination for 2014.
He’s almost guaranteed to get an All-Star alongside Kerry’s David Moran at midfield.
Gallagher told Donegal TV, “It has been some journey over these last four years.
“I can only speak for myself at the minute, but I’ll be battering away anyway and playing out the club championship.
“If the new manager wants to pick me, the grand. There are a lot of us around the 31 or 32 bracket.
“You saw Christy Toye there, who missed a year out and came back and had a great year. He’s the same age as myself and there plenty of football still there.
The news will be a great boost to Donegal fans who are in desperate need of a lift following the departure of McGuinness last Friday evening.Tags: