MET Eireann has warned that today’s storm will get worse as gigantic waves and high winds pounded Donegal this morning.
* Wind gusts of 115km/hr have been recorded by the weather station at Finner.
* Waves of up to 50-feet high have also been recorded off the west Donegal coast.
* There is a power cut to homes in Portnoo, where more than 800 homes have been affected. ESB Networks staff are working to restore power there.
* 36 homes in Carndonagh and more than 100 in Gaoth Dobhair also without power. Kincasslagh latest area to lose power.
* There are trees down on more than 20 roads across the county.
* Gardaí have asked motorists to slow down.
* Weather to worsen later