This Series is now firmly embedded within the sporting calendar in the North West and is the traditional kick start for 5K runs, pre season training and burning off the Christmas turkey.
In 2014, the club had its biggest numbers ever taking part with nearly 400 participants at each race, from the serious runner through to recreational runners, joggers and walkers. For the third year running, the club is delighted to have Dalys XL Supermarket, Lifford on board as partners and sponsors for the Series.
The Series itself sees three races held in three different venues, St Johnston (11th January), Raphoe (25th January) and Lifford (8th February), from which the club draws much of its membership and support.
All three events also provide a unique opportunity for the local communities to come out and take part in a family friendly environment promoting health, fun, and providing no small measure of entertainment. Each race participant will receive points, which are accumulated towards the overall Series winners across a range of race categories.
All three courses are AAI certified for accuracy and with chip timing at each of the races, participants can be assured of accurate times for each 5K event.
The Lifford club is constantly striving to enhance the quality of its event experience with some of the key features including
• Quality Technical T-Shirt for participants who compete in all 3 races
• Chip Timing
• Prizes for Senior, Junior, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+
• Spot Prizes at each race randomly drawn from all race participants
• SMS result for each athlete to mobile phone
• Gift vouchers available to include 2 free gym sessions
• Perpetual Shield for Overall Senior Men and Senior Women categories
• Prizes for first 3 in all categories
• Changing Rooms and Showers.
• After Race Refreshments
• Courses Officially Measured with Km markers
• On Line Entry System at liffordac.com
• Pre enter once and be automatically pre-entered for all 3 races.
• Printed Results and On Line immediately after the race.
• Early start times
• Only €6 per race (or €15 for all 3)
• Loyalty Scheme for subsequent races (details to follow)
For all those looking to kickstart 2015 on the right footing, this is the Series for you. 3 races, 3 venues and an opportunity to benchmark a time in January against the same courses later in the year.
For any queries, please contact Race Director Brendan O’Donnell on 086-6007847, email firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch via Facebook Lifford AC 5K Spring Series.Tags: