This follows an earlier plea from Gardaí for people not to travel unless in an emergency.
The following roads are now CLOSED. No attempt should be made to travel them.
The Back of Errigal between Glenveagh and Dunlewy is now CLOSED.
The back of Muckish between Callaber Bridge and Falcarrgh in CLOSED.
The Carrigart to Creeslough was passable an hour ago – but Gardai say this too will be closed soon.
The Kilmacreann to Creeslough at The Log Cabin is CLOSED.
There are major delays in these areas as a result of the road closures. Gardaí say it is TOO DANGEROUS to travel these roads.
Fire crews are in attendance in these areas.
Other roads described as DANGEROUS due to flood waters include the Ballyarr Road outside Ramelton, roads in and around Lifford, Ballybofey, Stranorlar, Raphoe, Glenties and Gaoth Dobhair.
The situation is just as bad in Bundoran, Ballyshannon and Donegal Town.
The following is a list of road closures issued by Donegal County Council…….
- N56 Ardara Road closed
- Pettigo Village Road closed
- Ballybofey to Castlefinn Road closed
- Milford Kilmacrennan (travel not advised)
- Carrigart to Creeslough closed
- Termon to Creeslough closed
- Falcarragh to Glenveagh closed
- Glenveagh to Dunwley closed
- Cois Clady road Bun Beg closed
- Ramelton to Rathmullan very dangerous at the Waters Edge Hotel