Eimear Campbell is an entrepreneur from Annagry who has been studying makeup artistry all over Ireland; taking her everywhere from Drogheda, Dublin, Cork and Northern Ireland but to name a few locations.
She recently set up Cambelle Makeup Studio & Blowdry Bar; a relaxing, vintage-style salon in Dunfanaghy. A visit to the salon ensures your hair, makeup, and nails will be looking fantastic, with services ever expanding. You can see her work by having a look on her Facebook page.
This is Eimear’s Donegal…
(1) What is your favourite place in Donegal and why?
Carickfinn beach, especially on a nice day. No better way to clear your head after a busy week.
(2) If you could change one thing about Donegal what would it be?
Probably improve the nightlife around my home area, and have more things to do in the winter.
(3) Who is the one person in Donegal that you look up to and why?
Have to say my mum and dad, they are both hard workers and always there for me.
(4) Daniel O’Donnell or Packie Bonner?
(5) What has been Donegal’s proudest moment in recent years?
Would have to say winning the All Ireland Final in 2012.
(6) What was Donegal’s saddest moment?
Would have to say the sad tragedies that have happened over the last few months.
(7) What is your favourite Donegal-made product?
(8) Who is Donegal’s greatest ambassador around the world and why?
Too many to choose form!
(9) Who is Donegal’s most successful businessperson in your opinion?
Would have to say Patrick Gildea’s hairdressing who’s buisness continues to grow and has recently won another award for his salon. It inspires me to push myself to the limits for my own salon.
(10) Who is your favourite Donegal sportsperson of all time?
Jim McGuinness for putting Donegal back on the map
(11) What is your favourite Donegal restaurant?
Has to be Caisleain Oir in Annagry or Leo’s Tavern. Always guaranteed a good meal, and a good night out.
(12) Donegal’s golden eagles or basking sharks?
(13) What is your favourite Donegal saying or expression?
(14) What is the biggest challenge facing the people of Donegal today?
Probably the work situation seeing as there are so many over seas.
(15) What is your favourite Donegal food?
(16) Is there anything that really annoys you about Donegal or its people?
Not at all, we’re not a bad bunch!
(17) If you had a million euro to spend on improving something in Donegal, what would it be?
Probably Carickfinn airport so they could fly to more destinations in the summer. Or towards improving the roads.
(18) Where’s the most unusual place you’ve logged on to Donegal Daily?
Probably New York to make sure I wasn’t missing anything at home!
(19) Is there anyone who inspired you to have a career in cosmetology?
I’ve always been interested in makeup since I was a wee girl running away with my mums makeup bag, and even now I still scroll Instagram looking at other makeup artists work
(20) Is there anything about Donegal that you are very proud of?
Probably our lovely scenery and how all communities pull together when needed.