Dylan Mc Gowan is 24 years old and originally from County Leitrim. Dylan has a strong interest in sports and has a Level 8 degree in Sports Coaching and Performance.
He sits on many different committees and delegations such as the US Embassy Youth council and the SITT Rural Transport board as well as many other committees that requires student opinion in LYIT.
Last year Dylan ran a jobs initiative call “BESS” which helps students and businesses connect with regards to part-time employment. His main ambitions this year is to drive the productivity of the Union to another level and make every student know that if they need help the Student’s Union team are there for them.
As spokesperson of LYITSU, he outlines that they will be taking a strong stance this year against the recommendation of a loan scheme as illustrated in the Cassells report.
This is Dylan’s Donegal…
(1) What is your favourite place in Donegal and why?
Quigley’s Point – Inishowen, friendships and McGowan’s bar of course.
(2) If you could change one thing about Donegal what would it be?
I would put a railway station in place to make it more accessible
(3) Who is the one person in Donegal that you look up to and why?
Jim McGuinness, I have a fond interest in his line of work as a Sports Psychologist.
(4) Daniel O’Donnell or Packie Bonner?
(5) What has been Donegal’s proudest moment in recent years?
Has to be winning the All-Ireland.
(6) What was Donegal’s saddest moment?
Losing to Tyrone this year?
(7) What is your favourite Donegal-made product?
Donegal Creamery milk
(8) Who is Donegal’s greatest ambassador around the world and why?
Seamus Coleman at this current moment in time.
(9) Who is Donegal’s most successful businessperson in your opinion?
(10) Who is your favourite Donegal sportsperson of all time?
(11) What is your favourite Donegal restaurant?
Restaurant Sage in Letterkenny
(12) Donegal’s golden eagles or basking sharks?
(13) What is your favourite Donegal saying or expression?
(14) What is the biggest challenge facing the people of Donegal today?
Accessibility to different places in Ireland.
(15) What is your favourite Donegal food?
(16) Is there anything that really annoys you about Donegal or its people?
(17) Do you have a favourite local band?
(18) What’s the most rewarding part of being LYIT SU president?
Being able to help students with their problems and achieve positive results.
(19) What’s your favourite thing about LYIT ?
The community of LYIT as a whole is my favourite thing about LYIT.
(20) Is there anything about Donegal that you are very proud of?
The success of the All-Ireland and transforming GAA to another level in the county.
You can keep up to date with LYIT SU on their facebook page.Tags: