DD Weather Alert: Thick fog on the road behind Errigal Mountain has progressively worsened since this morning.
A Donegal Daily reader has sent in images which can be seen below of the thick fog on the road behind Errigal this afternoon.
The fog, along with surface water is making driving conditions difficult for motorists. Motorists are being urged to slow down and take extreme caution.
Driving conditions are dangerous and motorists are urged to follow these steps from the RSA when driving through fog.
- Slow down and increase the distance from the vehicle in front.
- Use dipped headlights and front and rear fog lights, if fitted.
- Open your window a little so you can hear other road users approaching, particularly at junctions.
- Remember to switch off fog lights when visibility improves.
- Keep a sharp lookout for pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists.
- Do not blindly follow the vehicle in front – it may leave the road for whatever reason.
- If you have to stop, activate your hazard warning lights.