Ray National School in Manorcunningham have officially joined the 1FOR1@1 challenge, making the total number of schools taking part in our exciting new challenge 41!
The 1FOR1@1 challenge involves carrying out an activity on a chosen day at 1pm – when completed, children are asked for donate €1 – hence the name 1FOR1@1.
With one week to go, we’re hoping that nine other schools will join us to help reach that magical figure of 50 schools.
Today’s video shows the very talented students from Scoil Chonaill, Bun Beag, carrying out their 1pm challenge by belting out a few tunes!
Donegal Daily have teamed up with Relay for Life to raise vital funds for cancer survivors, with an extensive research programme currently underway at Letterkenny University Hospital.
As cancer does affect all families we are asking all schools to consider taking part as every euro will go a long way.
So far, we’ve seen a Teachers v Students Football match at Crana College, Dancing from St Safan’s and 1km Walks at Illistrin NS, and many many more. What one thing can you do?
If you would be interested in getting your school involved by next Friday (19th May), you can register by emailing email@example.com
Every School Counts: Will you join this list?
- Scoíl Phádraig Dobhair, An Bhunbeag
- Loreto Secondary School, Letterkenny
- Scoíl Olibhéir Pluincéid, Rann Na Feirste
- Gaelscoil Adhamhnáin, Leitir Ceanainn
- Scoíl Mhuire , Doirí Beaga
- St. Saffons NS, Castlefinn
- Scoíl Chonaill, An Bun Beag
- Scoil Naomh Fiachra, Illistrin, Letterkenny
- Scoíl Naomh Dubhthach, Machaire Uí Rabhartaigh
- St. Bernadettes School, Letterkenny
- Letterkenny Educate Together
- Scoíl Naomh Diúgh , Anagaire
- Naomh Colmcille NS, Drumoghill, Manorcunningham
- Pobal Scoil, Ghaoth Dobhair
- St. Baithin NS, St. Johnston
- Scoíl Adhamhnáin, An Luinnigh
- Loreto Community School, Milford
- Scoíl Náisiúnta, Mhín an Chladaigh
- Mulroy College, Milford
- Scoíl Náisiunta, Gort an Choirce
- Scoíl Fhíonáin, An Falcarrach
- Pobail Scoíl Chloích Cheann Fhaola
- Scoíl Chnoic na Naomh, Doire Chonaire
- Scoíl Eoín Pól, Loch an Uir
- Royal and Prior School, Raphoe
- Scoil Roisin, An Clochan Liath
- SN Taobhóige, An Clochán
- Coláiste Phobail Cholmcille, Baile Ur Oileán Thoraí
- Scoil Naomh Cholmcille, Oilean Thoraí
- Scoíl na Léibe , Leabgarrod, Arranmore Island
- Scoíl Cholmcille, Arranmore Island
- Raphoe Central National School
- Scoil Mhuire, Dristernan, Gleneely, Inishowen
- Dungloe National School
- Crana College, Buncrana
Scoil Cholmcille, Cloughfin N.S, Ballindrait.
- Woodlands National School, Letterkenny
Convoy Joint N.S.
Scoil Cholmcille, Drumman, Ramelton
- Scoil Mhuire, Stranorlar
- Ray National School, Manorcunningham
The team at Donegal Daily have joined forces with the Relay for Life Donegal committee to promote the Schools Challenge for this most worthy of causes.
We are asking schools to do a one minute video of your challenge and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you can appreciate, it would be impossible for us to show all videos sent in but we will put up a selection of them over the next two weeks. If you can also send a photo of the students taking part in their challenge to the same address we will put that photograph up for viewing.
Remember that on the weekend of Relay for Life Donegal 27th/28th May at Letterkenny LYIT, all of the videos sent in will be shown on the ‘Big Screen’. So keep in touch with Donegal Daily and with the Relay for Life Donegal facebook page during the challenge!