Job Vacancy: A Buncrana-based company in the construction sector is seeking a HR Manager.
Contract Type: Full-time/Permanent
Location: Buncrana, Co. Donegal
Hours of Work: 30-40 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable and depending on experience
The role will involve the execution of HR duties in support of the company’s business and in accordance with the overall aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as offer letters, contracts of employment, leavers’, various types of leave such as annual leave and sickness and maintenance of personnel files.
- Liaise with the Directors and management on various employment-related issues and queries.
- Execute the recruitment and selection process from the outset through to appointment – i.e. Advertise jobs, deal with enquires, set up assessment centres and interviews and issue relevant correspondence.
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with relevant legislation.
- Ensure all personnel files are up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensure all new employees are reference checked within the appropriate timescales.
- Record all absenteeism for staff in liaison with line managers, ensuring that all evidence of incapacity is obtained.
- Ensure all payroll information is up-to-date including starters and leavers and provide this information to accounts on a weekly basis.
- Process payroll on a weekly basis.
- Ensure staff inductions are completed.
- Update staff training records and profiles.
- Record and monitor staff turnover information and provide to the Directors on a monthly basis.
- Conduct exit interviews with leaver before they leave the organisation.
- Ensure all maternity and paternity information is up-to-date and inform the accounts department as and when required.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on employment legislation as and when required.
- Manage employee relations cases such as disciplinary, capability and grievances, ensuring the appropriate record-keeping of relevant documents throughout cases, so that the business is adequately protected.
- Performance review meetings with line managers
- Probation review meetings
- Seek legal advice where appropriate, to ensure that the business is protected.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Any other duties as may be requested by the Directors and deemed reasonable to the post.
- 2 years’ experience in a senior HR role to include HR administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be highly organised
- Ability to work in a busy office environment
- Excellent Computer Skills and highly competent in Microsoft Office
- Excellent Typing and Keyboard Skills
- Ability to adapt to change and manage and change priorities in line with business needs.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to be assertive
- CIPD Member or equivalent
- Experience in working with payroll
- Experience in the hospitality and construction sector
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria, your current salary and when you would be available to commence employment, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to HR Team, Catalyst Inc., Bay Road, Derry BT48 7TG; before Friday 2nd March 2018 at 5.00pm.