Job Vacancy: Management at Aurivo Co-operative Society are seeking a Quality Assistant to join their team at the Killygordon-based plant.
Aurivo Co-operative Society is a large diversified Co-operative engaged in a wide range of activities including liquid milk production, dairy manufacturing, retail stores and animal feed manufacture, livestock marts and sports nutrition throughout Connacht, Ulster and the Midlands. The company currently employs in the region of 650 people.
A vacancy has arisen for: Quality Assistant
The Quality Assistant will be based in the production facility in Killygordon, Co Donegal. The Quality Assistant will report to the Quality Manager.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Carry out quality checks throughout the day in the production plant i.e. product traceability codes, weights, packaging, temperatures, dye checks, relevant paperwork checks.
- Carry out monthly in-house audits, i.e. Hygiene and fabrications audits, glass audits.
- Schedule and co-ordinate external testing according to customer schedules and requests
- Liaise with production and maintenance teams on quality issues.
- Uphold and reinforce quality standards on site and assist in keeping quality systems up to date for regular audits, i.e. BRC, Dep of Agriculture, customer audits etc.
- Problem solving – ability to foresee possible production/ quality issues and implement solutions in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with suppliers on issues that may arise.
- Train in, and cover Lab testing role as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- A constant focus on product quality and maintaining customer standards.
- Degree, diploma or certificate in food science, food technology, quality control or other relevant area, or experience in a food production environment.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Strong communication and people skills, to be able to influence others and enforce standards on a daily basis, on the production floor.
- Ability to interact well with personnel and managers in multiple departments as required.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Anyone who meets the above criteria and is interested in applying for this position should submit a copy of their CV by e-mail not later than Tuesday 3rd April to : [email protected]Tags: